Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 7: June - September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary's long blue skirt is by Danish designer Baum & Pferdegarten. It was featured on the runway show. To me, it seems Mary was inspired by the look who tried to dress in a similar way but did not work well. The belt and the cardigan, Marys belt was larger and she did wear a short sleeve cardigan

Thank you for the info, dazzling.
If possible, I like the runway version of the outfit even less than Mary's... though neither of them works.

She was very elegant yesterday night!! this dress is new right???

Tonight there's the Malene Birger's show! I hope she will attend it and that Marie will be as well!

I love the tailoring of this dress worn at the Boss show, especially the low-slung back.
But the color results in something of a monochrome on Mary. Anything more vivid - and lighter, in the middle of the summer - would have been better, IMO.
Also, although I usually like Mary's shoes, these are not too well-matched with the dress.
Overall, she still looks beautiful here though.
Link to ppe's gallery:

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=06-08-2009 Hugo

I love the tailoring of this dress worn at the Boss show, especially the low-slung back.
But the color results in something of a monochrome on Mary. Anything more vivid - and lighter, in the middle of the summer - would have been better, IMO.
Also, although I usually like Mary's shoes, these are not too well-matched with the dress.
PPE Agency

I agree. I love the shoes they are really cool but they don't work with the dress. A lighter colour than the heavy dark brown would have looked better in general and with the shoes. I think the dress looks great from backview http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Aug2009/PPE09080685.jpg but too saggy / not well trailored from the front http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Aug2009/PPE09080678.jpg. The hair is too ballerina-style for my taste, it makes Mary look very old. Parting the hair would look better and take away the severity of the look. Whenever hair is drawn in such a strong way there is much attention on the hairline, not good when the hair is clearly coloured and not natural.

Is it a dress from Hugo Boss???

I like the chocolate color on Mary. The back of the dress is very pretty with its low-slung back. It looks like she is wearing the Missoni heels again, which added a nice detail to this look.

Here is a photo (difficult to see what the dress looks like) of Mary today during a brunch in Copenhagen:

Mary til modebrunch - Royale - BT.dk

The color is really pretty.

The chocolate and cream dresses are stunning and Mary looks gourgeous with that simple hairdo.

What could cause that bruise on her arm?
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Her lower lip looks strange in that photograph!I believe it's just bad angle as in the other pictures from same avent her lips look normal.
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Hi, the white dress with black ribbon is by Malene Birgir. I saw the peach version, with a red ribbon, the other day in the Selfridges sale. Mary's white dress is much nicer though.

I was pretty sure that this white dress was from Malene Birger!! thank you!!!

And I guess the brown dress is from Hugo Boss! it's quite similar to the pink one she wore for Henrik's birthday last june. Don't you think??

I think I'm one of only a few, but I believe Mary looks better with a fairer complexion. A temporary summer glow is all well and good, but I for one am glade it subsides with the 'tides' of seasonal change.

I totally agree with you! I just love her "Snow White" look, whish I could pull it off myself, but unfortunately I don't have her colours.

I think Mary looks great in brown, especially because she has a little 'color'. Not sure about the shoes with the dress but they are some seriously gorgeous shoes!

I dislike the brown colour and her dress:nonono:

I do like Mary's outfit - the blouse has a nice warm color, which I think doesn't collide with the skirt, belt, bag and shoes. I think the belt is cute and so are the shoes. :flowers:
Mary looks also very attractive in glasses. ;)

http://i26.tinypic.com/2aruhy.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/jgrrli.jpg

Another outfit from yesterday, Mary attending Malene Birgir's show.
originally posted by iceflower.

:flowers:

Mary's top is by Malene Birgir. I like the combination of the top with the skirt and the belt looks good. The shoes look fun and match the outfit. The gathering on the top is really nice doesnt make her look bigger than she is which usually such styles do. I do like teh shades but for a private event since they look too oversized and more like a hollywood star also it makes her look like she was trying too hard to look so glam IMO

I really like this outfit, lovely colours, blouse, skirt, shoes - apart from the belt :yuk: so ugly! The type of blouse is a no-go with belts, let alone with such a huge one. I don't get the sunglasses, they are way too celebrity.

I think Mary looks great in brown, especially because she has a little 'color'. Not sure about the shoes with the dress but they are some seriously gorgeous shoes!

I love her in this color too. She wore a long brown dress this past year for a formal event and looked gorgeous in it.

I loved this outfit.The belt looks perfect and her hair brighter.Nice change.

Beautiful blouse, its fluid gathering squeezed together by a perfectly terrible belt.
This asymmetric style is ugly to begin with, and its brownish color doesn't help matters. If it was in the same, lighter shade as the skirt, it would at least blend in more.
IMO the overall silhouette is very nice, just that belt was a bad idea.

I couldn't agree more, Boris. It Is a lovely blouse, as is the color, but the the belt just takes away from it's beauty. One's eye should not be drawn to just one item but rather to the whole look.

I dislike the belt but the blouse is nice

Last edited:
It looks like a wrapped dress to me,floral is nice and so is yellow.I like this color in summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom