Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 7: June - September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems her wardrobe trends toward grays, white, beige/tans and cream and soft rosy pink. It's rather boring and at times, washes her out. Probably easy to put together, I suppose, but so predictable and boring.

I quite disagree. Mary has a wide variety of clothes that doesn't just lean towards the colours you have mentioned, anyway off topic.

This engagement was wonderful for Mary, the weather was perfect she seemed to really shine. I'm glad she's hitting the ground running after her holiday. :flowers:

Mary´s dress looks to be the same as Nicole Kidman wore on the 5th October 2007 at her film screening.
Nicole:
JustJared
JustJared

We have summer so why she should wear dark or very light (reflective) colours
or colours which she doesn't like or they doesn't suite to her?

I like Mary in big hats:)

Both australian girls wearing the same dress!!! this dress is really pretty and elegant!

You've got the eye!!

August 2, 2009 - Mary in a soft cream dress with a purple hat with flower. Its a lovely hat IMO and the dress is quite falttering. I like the one rufflw on the waist and the little know on the top. The only thing the ruins the dress is the underneth layer which is longer than the dress IMO there is enough going on with the dress and that part was not needed.

Full View ** Close Up ** Hat

I simply adore this outfit, the hat is wonderful. But I agrfee dazzling, the under layer needs altering. :flowers:

In the close up views of the dress you can see a little "ribbon" of color on the underneath layer that matches the dress. It looks a little better close up, but it would look better without. She looks lovely.

That does appear to be the same dress, LadyFinn. The underskirt hangs down on Nicole's dress too. It must be part of the design. I agree with Emmily. The dress would look much better without it.

Mary´s dress looks to be the same as Nicole Kidman wore on the 5th October 2007 at her film screening.
Nicole:
JustJared
JustJared

Wow how lovely. Both Aussie girls have the same sense of style. :flowers:

Mary has worn the purple hat two times before (but without the flowers... which she has worn with the hat I posted above).

First time (2008)

Second time (2009)

Third time (today)

I hadn't realised it was the same hat, it looks navy in some of the pictures. It's wonderful with both flowers and without. :)

I don't like Mary's dress - not a fan of the ruffled top part or whatever it is, it looks too tight. There is so much beige at the moment, it washes her out. A bit more colour in accessories would be better. The hat is beautiful though, for me Mary's hats are top notch in royalty, especially in her generation. And great to see that she keeps up with tradition and actually wears them - there is hardly a miss, Mary and hats are a great match in general.

I agree with Duke of Marmalade here.The fabric of the dress is too thin,the color washes her out and doesn't suit Mary's complexion,and it looks old,imo.I loved the hat,though.I stated that before.

Love the pictures of her recent engagements, but I wish she would wear more color! It seems her wardrobe trends toward grays, white, beige/tans and cream and soft rosy pink. It's rather boring and at times, washes her out. Probably easy to put together, I suppose, but so predictable and boring.

Yes, she is busy right now!

Creams, whites, nudes or beige and pinks are THE colour of this summers fashion! Dark haired ladies generally pull those colours off very well and so does Mary IMO.:)

I like this outfit on Mary. Perhaps the underlay could be changed, however I think its quite pretty how it is.
This is one of my favourite hats it really suits Mary, and I love how the flowers have been added to match the dress.

I like the dress, it is modern and perfect for summer engagements :flowers:
Just don't like the underskirt - is it really necessary to wear it or it is part of the dress :ermm:

The hat is nice but only without flowers - they DO belong to another hat and have to be there :D

I suspect its part of the dress, given the Nicole Kidman pictures which were posted earlier.

Aug 5, 2009 - Mary attending a fashion show in a blue long skirt, white top with a beige short sleeve sweater matched with a bulky brown belt and necklace. I dont like this outfit since it was a really matched up badly IMO, the skirt is too shiny, the cardigan nor the belt matches, thenecklace was just too much.

full view 1 **full view 2 ** necklace **

I'm not a fan of this look. The skirt is nice, but the top part doesn't look nice when paired with the skirt. There are too many things going on in this outfit, IMO.

It's so disappointing.I only liked the beige jacket,everything else was so ugly.And look at those awful shoes!That definitely doesn't "smell" like Mary at all,it's like someone else forced her to dress like that.

This is one of my least favourite outfits ever worn by Mary. :eek:
What a mess.
Nothing matches. The blue skirt doesn't match the pinkish cardigan at all. The necklace is rather tacky.
Sorry, but outfit was just horrible.

Last edited:
That’s one terribly wrong ensemble. :ohmy:

That skirt requires heels, solid patterns and very simple top with no other accessories. Devoid of all unnecessary details and with proper shoes, it might have looked quite well actually.
The beige jacket is nice but definitely doesn’t work with that skirt, belt and necklace.
The shoes are horrible and any attempts to match them with jacket were doomed to failure because of the contrasting skirt, belt and necklace.
The belt, as part of the ensemble, is terrible as well.
The necklace is dreadful.

Nice make up.

This is horrid.
Every piece seperately isn't nice to begin with, but to combine them all is a neck-to-toe disaster, and to wear this to a fashion show is a catastrophe.
I can't even make up what I would throw into the garbage can first - the hippie skirt or the ugly necklace...
Very rare for Mary, it's certainly one of her worst looks ever.

What is it?!:eek:
I know that maybe I don't know to much about the world of fashion and his rules but this...
She hasn't got a light when she was wearing?!
It's terrible mix of styles.

Good grief! What was Mary thinking when she walked out the door? I cannot think of anything nice to say about this outfit which is unusual for me. The impeccably dressed Mary totally missed this time! I am almost embarrassed for her....

Aug 5, 2009 - Mary attending a fashion show in a blue long skirt, white top with a beige short sleeve sweater matched with a bulky brown belt and necklace. I dont like this outfit since it was a really matched up badly IMO, the skirt is too shiny, the cardigan nor the belt matches, thenecklace was just too much.

full view 1 **full view 2 ** necklace **

Don't like it. One of Mary's few outfits I have taken a dislike to. They are all nice pieces of clothing, but not together. :nonono:

The necklace was also worn during the olympic games.

I dont particularly like this ensemble, but I think the worst part it is the skirt's shininess. Without that, the rest would just be an average outfit, not a bad one.

The 2 tops & the necklace work together; the tops and the belt are fine; I just dont like it all put together.

Well this was not an official event, is summer and Princess Mary is more or less on holidays so...the skirt is lovely, the shoes match with the beije jacket, so...and brown with light bue and beije does match, but... I must agree with all of you :nonono:not her best!!!!

She really seems to like long skirts for casual wear. The picture of Isabella with her balloon showed Mary in the doorframe wearing a lovely bright pink one, I'd love to see more of it.

Oh my.......What a horrible outfit! Nothing matches!

The skirt is awful.
The same goes for the belt!
I like the cardigan, but it would definitely look better with a nice summer dress.
The necklace is nice as far as I am concerned! It's unsual, but nicely unsual!

But the overall look........:yuk: :bangin:

I like the skirt and actually think it looks fine with flats. But not with the cardigan! A different color would have helped. It just doesn't go together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom