The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Mary's long blue skirt is by Danish designer Baum & Pferdegarten. It was featured on the runway show. To me, it seems Mary was inspired by the look who tried to dress in a similar way but did not work well. The belt and the cardigan, Marys belt was larger and she did wear a short sleeve cardigan

Old 08-07-2009, 07:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for the info, dazzling.
If possible, I like the runway version of the outfit even less than Mary's... though neither of them works.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
originally posted by iceflower.

CP Mary attended the Hugo Boss Fashion Show yesterday.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Serene Highness

She was very elegant yesterday night!! this dress is new right???

Tonight there's the Malene Birger's show! I hope she will attend it and that Marie will be as well!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 08-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love the tailoring of this dress worn at the Boss show, especially the low-slung back.
But the color results in something of a monochrome on Mary. Anything more vivid - and lighter, in the middle of the summer - would have been better, IMO.
Also, although I usually like Mary's shoes, these are not too well-matched with the dress.
Overall, she still looks beautiful here though.
Link to ppe's gallery:

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?z...rch=06-08-2009 Hugo
Old 08-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Nobility

i love anga shoes
Old 08-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
I love the tailoring of this dress worn at the Boss show, especially the low-slung back.
But the color results in something of a monochrome on Mary. Anything more vivid - and lighter, in the middle of the summer - would have been better, IMO.
Also, although I usually like Mary's shoes, these are not too well-matched with the dress.
PPE Agency
I agree. I love the shoes they are really cool but they don't work with the dress. A lighter colour than the heavy dark brown would have looked better in general and with the shoes. I think the dress looks great from backview http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Aug2009/PPE09080685.jpg but too saggy / not well trailored from the front http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Aug2009/PPE09080678.jpg. The hair is too ballerina-style for my taste, it makes Mary look very old. Parting the hair would look better and take away the severity of the look. Whenever hair is drawn in such a strong way there is much attention on the hairline, not good when the hair is clearly coloured and not natural.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Serene Highness

Is it a dress from Hugo Boss???

Old 08-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the chocolate color on Mary. The back of the dress is very pretty with its low-slung back. It looks like she is wearing the Missoni heels again, which added a nice detail to this look.

Here is a photo (difficult to see what the dress looks like) of Mary today during a brunch in Copenhagen:

Mary til modebrunch - Royale - BT.dk

The color is really pretty.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Courtier

The chocolate and cream dresses are stunning and Mary looks gourgeous with that simple hairdo.

What could cause that bruise on her arm?

Her lower lip looks strange in that photograph!I believe it's just bad angle as in the other pictures from same avent her lips look normal.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
The chocolate and cream dresses are stunning and Mary looks gourgeous with that simple hairdo.

Her lower lip looks strange in that photograph!I believe it's just bad angle as in the other pictures from same avent her lips look normal.

its her tongue not her lower lip.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939 View Post
its her tongue not her lower lip.
Gosh, sorry...her tongue and lipstick have the same color
Old 08-07-2009, 12:33 PM

Hi, the white dress with black ribbon is by Malene Birgir. I saw the peach version, with a red ribbon, the other day in the Selfridges sale. Mary's white dress is much nicer though.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Serene Highness

I was pretty sure that this white dress was from Malene Birger!! thank you!!!

And I guess the brown dress is from Hugo Boss! it's quite similar to the pink one she wore for Henrik's birthday last june. Don't you think??

Old 08-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
I think I'm one of only a few, but I believe Mary looks better with a fairer complexion. A temporary summer glow is all well and good, but I for one am glade it subsides with the 'tides' of seasonal change.
I totally agree with you! I just love her "Snow White" look, whish I could pull it off myself, but unfortunately I don't have her colours.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I love the pink colour of the dress. I hope we get a better picture. Thank you sgl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
Possible from horse riding, jet-skiing, legoland, playing with the children.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Mary looks great in brown, especially because she has a little 'color'. Not sure about the shoes with the dress but they are some seriously gorgeous shoes!
Old 08-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dislike the brown colour and her dress
Old 08-08-2009, 05:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

http://i26.tinypic.com/2aruhy.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/jgrrli.jpg

Another outfit from yesterday, Mary attending Malene Birgir's show.
originally posted by iceflower.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:55 AM
Royal Highness

I do like Mary's outfit - the blouse has a nice warm color, which I think doesn't collide with the skirt, belt, bag and shoes. I think the belt is cute and so are the shoes.
Mary looks also very attractive in glasses.