The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Here are some pictures in better quality via BilledBladet.
The colour of the dress is actually really lovely.

Full View
another one

Close up
another one

BB

Old 08-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoles94 View Post
It seems her wardrobe trends toward grays, white, beige/tans and cream and soft rosy pink. It's rather boring and at times, washes her out. Probably easy to put together, I suppose, but so predictable and boring.
I quite disagree. Mary has a wide variety of clothes that doesn't just lean towards the colours you have mentioned, anyway off topic.

This engagement was wonderful for Mary, the weather was perfect she seemed to really shine. I'm glad she's hitting the ground running after her holiday.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Mary´s dress looks to be the same as Nicole Kidman wore on the 5th October 2007 at her film screening.
Nicole:
JustJared
JustJared
Old 08-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent

We have summer so why she should wear dark or very light (reflective) colours
or colours which she doesn't like or they doesn't suite to her?

I like Mary in big hats
Old 08-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Serene Highness

Both australian girls wearing the same dress!!! this dress is really pretty and elegant!

You've got the eye!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 08-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Here are some pictures in better quality via BilledBladet.
The colour of the dress is actually really lovely.

Full View
another one

Close up
another one

BB
at these pictures the hat looks absolutely gorgeous
thanks Her_Majesty
Old 08-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
August 2, 2009 - Mary in a soft cream dress with a purple hat with flower. Its a lovely hat IMO and the dress is quite falttering. I like the one rufflw on the waist and the little know on the top. The only thing the ruins the dress is the underneth layer which is longer than the dress IMO there is enough going on with the dress and that part was not needed.

Full View ** Close Up ** Hat
I simply adore this outfit, the hat is wonderful. But I agrfee dazzling, the under layer needs altering.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Royal Highness

In the close up views of the dress you can see a little "ribbon" of color on the underneath layer that matches the dress. It looks a little better close up, but it would look better without. She looks lovely.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

That does appear to be the same dress, LadyFinn. The underskirt hangs down on Nicole's dress too. It must be part of the design. I agree with Emmily. The dress would look much better without it.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Mary´s dress looks to be the same as Nicole Kidman wore on the 5th October 2007 at her film screening.
Nicole:
JustJared
JustJared
Wow how lovely. Both Aussie girls have the same sense of style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Mary has worn the purple hat two times before (but without the flowers... which she has worn with the hat I posted above).

First time (2008)

Second time (2009)

Third time (today)
I hadn't realised it was the same hat, it looks navy in some of the pictures. It's wonderful with both flowers and without.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

I don't like Mary's dress - not a fan of the ruffled top part or whatever it is, it looks too tight. There is so much beige at the moment, it washes her out. A bit more colour in accessories would be better. The hat is beautiful though, for me Mary's hats are top notch in royalty, especially in her generation. And great to see that she keeps up with tradition and actually wears them - there is hardly a miss, Mary and hats are a great match in general.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with Duke of Marmalade here.The fabric of the dress is too thin,the color washes her out and doesn't suit Mary's complexion,and it looks old,imo.I loved the hat,though.I stated that before.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoles94 View Post
Love the pictures of her recent engagements, but I wish she would wear more color! It seems her wardrobe trends toward grays, white, beige/tans and cream and soft rosy pink. It's rather boring and at times, washes her out. Probably easy to put together, I suppose, but so predictable and boring.

Yes, she is busy right now!
Creams, whites, nudes or beige and pinks are THE colour of this summers fashion! Dark haired ladies generally pull those colours off very well and so does Mary IMO.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:52 AM
Nobility

I like this outfit on Mary. Perhaps the underlay could be changed, however I think its quite pretty how it is.
This is one of my favourite hats it really suits Mary, and I love how the flowers have been added to match the dress.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

I like the dress, it is modern and perfect for summer engagements
Just don't like the underskirt - is it really necessary to wear it or it is part of the dress

The hat is nice but only without flowers - they DO belong to another hat and have to be there
Old 08-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I suspect its part of the dress, given the Nicole Kidman pictures which were posted earlier.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Aug 5, 2009 - Mary attending a fashion show in a blue long skirt, white top with a beige short sleeve sweater matched with a bulky brown belt and necklace. I dont like this outfit since it was a really matched up badly IMO, the skirt is too shiny, the cardigan nor the belt matches, thenecklace was just too much.

full view 1 **full view 2 ** necklace **
Old 08-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm not a fan of this look. The skirt is nice, but the top part doesn't look nice when paired with the skirt. There are too many things going on in this outfit, IMO.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Serene Highness

It's so disappointing.I only liked the beige jacket,everything else was so ugly.And look at those awful shoes!That definitely doesn't "smell" like Mary at all,it's like someone else forced her to dress like that.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

This is one of my least favourite outfits ever worn by Mary.
What a mess.
Nothing matches. The blue skirt doesn't match the pinkish cardigan at all. The necklace is rather tacky.
Sorry, but outfit was just horrible.

Closed Thread