Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 6: April - June 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth she did that to her hair :eek: I hate it i hate it all. It doesn't suit her. She looks old and tired. Her dress is awfull :nonono: At least with that hair look. I am shocked i've never seen her like that :shock:

Looking at the photos again, she has gone quite a lot lighter, which means she must have bleached her hair before colouring it , the only way to go when you want to go more shades lighter ( as per my hairdresser...) I would have opted for a more subtle change...I also think laugh wrinkles are more obvious with lighter hair and it makes her look a bit pale...still I LIKE it..

This kind of colour is usually seen on older women who are already grey = difficult to dye and therefore the result gets lighter.
On top of that it's a bad dye, as if she bought some doityourself henna package. The hair looks incredibly thin and unkempt in this picture.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/May2009/PPE09051401.jpg

Hopefully Mary will go back to darker hair (dark brown with highlights) - her best look. And maybe do a bob / cut for the hair to recover, it has looked pretty fringy for some time now.

Her buttermilk complexion, which I've always adored, now looks somewhat insipid as a result of the colouring. Big no no.

The darker, the better, for this Crown Princess!

Oh God....

This colour does not suit her at all. if possible...

The colour of the dress is ok, but I don´t like the dress itself. And the ugly black cardigan ruins it. The shoes are just amazing, though.

I hate this new colour, it makes her plane and older, she was more sophisticated and refined with the black hair and dark mahogany highlights.

What ever her hair color used to be is the color I prefer, by far. This newest is just too reddish IMHO. The deeper color is much richer-looking on her and had such a lovely sheen to it!

Of course Mary used reddish highlights before, as well as coloring her hair a very dark brown at times.
But this color is a drastic step from brunette, albeit in different shades, to being a redhead... and in my eyes, it's a totally ill-advised experiment, resulting in quite a disaster.
Neither does being a redhead flatter her coloring, nor is this a very appealing color in itself - a strange mix of copper and mahagony, which unfortunately is bound to turn rather lighter and even more brassy in due time.
I hope she realizes the mistake and executes some damage control. Back to classy brunette as soon as possible is the only way out here, IMO.

How right you are as usual, Boris! Hopefully she Will realize the error of her ways and give her hair stylist a few "words". lol However she cannot blame her hair stylist as I imagine he/she was only following Mary's orders. Hurry, Mary. You are not looking your best right now....

I have to back track on my previous statement. Now I really dont like the new hair colour.
Its just not flattering and too obviously dyed. The red highlights of the past were so much better.

Dark brown, yes. Black, no...;)

Then it's very very dark brown:lol:;). At L'oréal for example, they have huge palette of blacks, and there's a black called "black/red" which is very similar the what Mary used to have. when I say black, it's not necesseraly black with blue shades ;)

Anyway whatever it is, we agree that the new color is not a success. It could suit somebody with very light eyes' colour...and it needs very hard work on makeup with warm colours to bring out her beautiful features, which is not the case with the dark colour.

The new color of Mary looks like what Leticia Casta wears in this advertising of L'oréal
http://www.loreal-paris.fr/coloration/couleur/casting-creme-gloss.aspx

yes, she might want to look like a real danish, blond! who knows she might want to do something diferent like we all do sometimes, but the problem is that she is a public fugiure, us who care?

yes, she might want to look like a real danish, blond! who knows she might want to do something diferent like we all do sometimes, but the problem is that she is a public fugiure, us who care?

Even if she is a publice figure, doesnt mean she should try. You can only know what suits you or not if you try new things and making mistakes. After all, she is just like one of us who wants to change sometimes. The color isnt bad on her but I prefer darker hair since it doesnt make her as pale. I dont mind highlights but if they are not so red :flowers:

both outfits are great :)
coat is awesome, this color...amazing

CP Mary always beautiful and elegance. These shoes, engagement ceremony is similar to the shoes.

Indeed both outfits are beautiful on Mary. But the second has the be the more striking, she looks stunning in that coat, one which I wish I owned/could pull. x

I love the blouse of the first outfit!:wub::wub:
The pants also look great, but I don´t like that pair of shoes.

And, of course, the blue coat and hat are wonderful. She looks really stunning. One of her best outfits, IMO.

Mary looks wonderful in both outfits, IMO. Of course in the second one she almost takes one's breath away! The style of the coat is so chic on her and I love the softness of the hat. Mary truly has to have The smartest collection of coats of any of the CP's. I also noticed that she was wearing the brooch that she wore for Christian's baptism, I believe. Lovely!

Lovely, and she either read this thread or wasn't happy with that red in her hair either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom