Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 6: April - June 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree her choice today is strange - like the skirt but not paired with the thing on her head

Both blouse and skirt are a repeat, love the skirt, very, very elegant but don't like the style of the blouse. Even though shoulder pats / accentuation of shoulders is a new fashion trend, I don't like it and I don't think that it suits Mary.

The thing on the head (great description PoE :)) is the worst part of the outfit, not only that it looks odd it also clashes with the red of the skirt. Frederik looks good today, like the way he wears a matching tie (to the skirt, not the head piece :wacko:).

I do not like the outfit at all :nonono:
The head something is bad, and the skirt looks like a piece of carpet :D

Also I noticed how old Mary looks :eek:. Never noticed before.

First, I think she looks beautiful! I agree with everyone that the outfit is odd. I love everything separately, even the headpiece if paired with an all black outfit. Overall, she has too many things going on...

The shoes are beautiful, very elegant. I love that jacket, she has used it before and always looks great on her but I think she would look better without the headpiece

The top half of the ensemble looks nice, but the rest... not so much. Sorry.

I wasn't crazy about the skirt the first time I saw it and am even more sure now that I don't like it but it is even worse with the headpiece. Love the little jacket and the shoes. Thanks for all the posts.

Is not the worst outfit ever, not my favorite either and about the head piece, the first thought that came to my mind was "uhm... very Blair Waldorf-ish of Mary"

The shoes are Louboutin!! Mary loves this designer! she has several pairs of his shoes!

I like this skirt a lot. The printed and colours are really beautiful. The shoes are just fantastic, I love them- how can such a simple pair of shoes look so elegant? :rolleyes:
But I must say that I don´t like the whole look. I think that the jacket doesn´t match with the skirt (which is a shame, I love this skirt but I´ve never liked how she´s combinated it). And about the headpiece, I´m not really sure. I agree that it´s the worst part of the outfit, but I think that it´s because of her hairdo. Maybe it would look nice with the hair open. Not too fond of her hair today :ermm:

I like the top and skirt. The skirt is pretty, and I think that it looks better with this black top than it did with the white blouse and grey cardigan that she wore it with previously. The thing on her head is very strange. I really don't care for it. Her bag and shoes are nice. Basically, the outfit would have looked much nicer without the headpiece.

I like the skirt and the blouse, but not worn together. It looks like it was just thrown together. The headpiece just doesn't fit at all.

i actually liked the burgundi bow headpiece. i thought it looked original. the blouse is great, but that skirt? she wore it recently and seems to like it, but i can't find the excitement with it. the grey-red match looks quite cheap imo.

I agree that there is too much going on here in this outfit.
Looks like it was thrown together. Again her lady in waiting
looks wonderful and more suitable .

I agree that there is too much going on here in this outfit.
Looks like it was thrown together. Again her lady in waiting
looks wonderful and more suitable .
i can not see the photo of the lady in waiting?
i love the outfit and the head piece, i think very 50s but i love it!! and her hair too

The outfit is lovely but the headpiece ruins the whole look IMO. The headpiece looks like someone had flattened a clutch bow and placed it on Marys head.

I feel this outfit looks like it was just trown together, nothing really fits and the headpiece highlights this...I've noticed Mary is recycling more...recession sensitive...?

I actually like this outfit, at first I wasn't sure about the head piece, however after looking at the many photos and videos I rather like it.
The skirt is lovely and the colour matches the head piece perfectly. The head piece looks red in some photos but it is just the light.
How happy Mary & Frederik look in all the photos I love that

Last edited:
I feel this outfit looks like it was just trown together, nothing really fits and the headpiece highlights this...I've noticed Mary is recycling more...recession sensitive...?

Mary has always recycled; she is just very very good at making new and surprising combinations for us all to enjoy :)

I really do think I like this also. The headpiece is very unexpected but makes the outfit have a whole new look. Love the rubies as her only jewelry!

The headpiece looks just lovely because Mary has a lovely face, wonderful skin and black hair, so a red headpiece is just lovely! love Mary's skirt, a very lovely skirt that can be wear daytime or during an oficial event!

I like the skirt but, I don't like the jacket. Her hair looks nice.

After having seen these recent outfits my conclusion is that Mary has a very sophisiticated, classic style. We will never see her wearing those really edgy, funky things (many of them were danish design) she wore before. I think that she will wear more international designers in the future in order to be more sophisticated. All in all, she is becoming more and more regal, maybe preparing for her future task of queen ? ;) Though i don't think she will be queen for another 15 years at least - Daisy is going strong.

The jacket is unflattering. The skirt is lovely, is it new? I love the soft print on it and its a great example of how black & white print can look. This would be nice with a more suit looking jacket or the jacket work (yest with the puffy sleeves).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom