The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Although the dress looks flattering on Mary, I don't like the dress.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Nobility

I don't mind the colour although I don't think that it's Mary's best colour choice. But, I really dislike the ruffles. They are too big and there are too many of them.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Commoner

Mary is stylish as usual but I'm not a fan of the dress. Shoes are gorgeous.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Here's another look at the dress:

Troonopvolgers!: Mary bij doop.
Thank you for the link. I think the dress looks perfect for Mary, makes her look incredible elegant. Suits her shape perfectly aswell.
x
Old 06-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Courtier

Mary looks ok, but I don't care about the dress, I like the shoes and purse which seems to bethe classical Chanel, I also like her Cartier Gold watch that she wore before .
Old 06-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Courtier

I dislike the colour of the dress.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieS View Post
I dislike the colour of the dress.
I agree. The colour reminds me of ..... mustard

I also dislike the dress itself, especially its cut...
the details at the bottom of the dress are very obvious, it gives you the impression that the tailor did not do his job adequately
The upper part reminds me of some kind of "chemise"... I think that the best way to wear such a cloth is with a straight pantalon (Princess Mathild goes a lot for this option)

The bag and the shoes are excellent!!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I like the colour of the dress.. I cannot really decide what to think about the cut. I think I like it. I think it would look better with an updo hairdo.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:56 AM
Heir Apparent

The cut looks good on Mary because she is very thin, these kind of dress only look good on thin persons, mustard colour is in fashion rigth now, Princess mary knows what is in fashion and she only wears fashionable clothes on royal events!
Old 06-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Doctor Mary at work
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2009/PPE09060529.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2009/PPE09060520.jpg

without the doctor's white coat
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2009/PPE09060537.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2009/PPE09060540.jpg

Old 06-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Thats a wonderful outfit, from what i can see. The picture of Frederik and Mary by the sea is pretty.
x
Old 06-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm disappointed the weather wasnt better, I'd been hoping for something nice and cheerful from Mary today.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't care for the white coat. It does look like a doctor's coat. It is too shapeless. Her trousers also looked like they were too long. Maybe they were tailored for heels, but she decided to wear flats at the last minute? This is the only reason I can think of why she would wear them at this length. I do like the top that she wore underneath the coat. I would like to see a full-length photo of her outfit without the coat.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Nobility

I do not car for that yellowish mustardcolored dress CP Mary wore. The cut and color is beyond hideous.

Fortunately her hair is dyed back to darker tone than the awful red tone she had 2-3 weeks ago, but in the sunshine the redness shine through. Or it might be redness in the darker color. Anyway I'm, glad she skipped the red hair.

Well, when dressing so perfect all the way, it is almost nice to see her in a dress that I don't care too much about for a change. To me it seems like CP Mary never fail in the dressing area, so this "dress-miss" actually spice up CP Marys clothing history in some strange way.

Better luck next time CP Mary.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Well, I like the coat. It´s casual, but I don´t find it ugly. Actually, I like it more than the suit she wears. I don´t like the pants, they are too big, IMO. I don´t care for the top part, either. But I quite like the scarf and the sunglasses.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I don't care for the white coat. It does look like a doctor's coat. It is too shapeless.
It actually reminds me of my flatmates lab coat....
Old 06-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Aristocracy

Actually the trousers are not too bad, right length. The outfit is casual enough for the occasion.
Some photos from Getty: Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 06-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Mary missed the target with this ensemble. The whole thing is a hot mess to say the least.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Courtier

I love Mary's outfit. I think it looks chic. The beautiful white linen coat and the brown. Also, the combination of textures is great too. Not a big fan of the yellow dress, but I hate yellow. she doesn't look terrible, but it is not my favorite look.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I would like to see a full-length photo of her outfit without the coat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellie View Post
Actually the trousers are not too bad, right length. The outfit is casual enough for the occasion.
Some photos from Getty: Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Put the two of you together and you get: Getty Images - Prince Frederik And Princess Mary Open Exhibition 'Sculpture by the Sea' & Getty Images - Prince Frederik And Princess Mary Open Exhibition 'Sculpture by the Sea'