The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
...with the black hair...
Her hair was never black. HRH has always been a brunette.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-15-2009, 01:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Her hair was never black. HRH has always been a brunette.
Maybe her hair was never black in natural, but she used to die it on black redish colour (or very dark brown), this is what I see in those photographs for example
ImageShack® - Gallery

Old 05-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent

What ever her hair color used to be is the color I prefer, by far. This newest is just too reddish IMHO. The deeper color is much richer-looking on her and had such a lovely sheen to it!
Old 05-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Of course Mary used reddish highlights before, as well as coloring her hair a very dark brown at times.
But this color is a drastic step from brunette, albeit in different shades, to being a redhead... and in my eyes, it's a totally ill-advised experiment, resulting in quite a disaster.
Neither does being a redhead flatter her coloring, nor is this a very appealing color in itself - a strange mix of copper and mahagony, which unfortunately is bound to turn rather lighter and even more brassy in due time.
I hope she realizes the mistake and executes some damage control. Back to classy brunette as soon as possible is the only way out here, IMO.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent

How right you are as usual, Boris! Hopefully she Will realize the error of her ways and give her hair stylist a few "words". lol However she cannot blame her hair stylist as I imagine he/she was only following Mary's orders. Hurry, Mary. You are not looking your best right now....
Old 05-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have to back track on my previous statement. Now I really dont like the new hair colour.
Its just not flattering and too obviously dyed. The red highlights of the past were so much better.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
Maybe her hair was never black in natural, but she used to die it on black redish colour (or very dark brown), this is what I see in those photographs for example
ImageShack® - Gallery
Dark brown, yes. Black, no...

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-16-2009, 06:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Dark brown, yes. Black, no...
Then it's very very dark brown. At L'oréal for example, they have huge palette of blacks, and there's a black called "black/red" which is very similar the what Mary used to have. when I say black, it's not necesseraly black with blue shades

Anyway whatever it is, we agree that the new color is not a success. It could suit somebody with very light eyes' colour...and it needs very hard work on makeup with warm colours to bring out her beautiful features, which is not the case with the dark colour.

The new color of Mary looks like what Leticia Casta wears in this advertising of L'oréal
http://www.loreal-paris.fr/coloratio...eme-gloss.aspx
Old 05-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Courtier

Mary may not be done with her hair yet. She may be dying it in phases.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

yes, she might want to look like a real danish, blond! who knows she might want to do something diferent like we all do sometimes, but the problem is that she is a public fugiure, us who care?
Old 05-17-2009, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
yes, she might want to look like a real danish, blond! who knows she might want to do something diferent like we all do sometimes, but the problem is that she is a public fugiure, us who care?
Even if she is a publice figure, doesnt mean she should try. You can only know what suits you or not if you try new things and making mistakes. After all, she is just like one of us who wants to change sometimes. The color isnt bad on her but I prefer darker hair since it doesnt make her as pale. I dont mind highlights but if they are not so red
Old 05-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Princess Mary this morning:
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/May2009/PPE09051841.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/13880867.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/13880795.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/13880787.jpg

And: Mary at the Welcoming Ceremony during the SV from Greece - recycling her beautiful purple coat and hat
http://i42.tinypic.com/9kp8xe.jpg
Polfoto

Old 05-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Royal Highness

both outfits are great :)
coat is awesome, this color...amazing
Old 05-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Royal Highness

CP Mary always beautiful and elegance. These shoes, engagement ceremony is similar to the shoes.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Indeed both outfits are beautiful on Mary. But the second has the be the more striking, she looks stunning in that coat, one which I wish I owned/could pull. x
Old 05-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
These shoes, engagement ceremony is similar to the shoes.
It's the same pair of shoes she wore for her engagement.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Royal Highness

Blue Mary
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2...80wm2b9ee0.jpg
Old 05-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the blouse of the first outfit!
The pants also look great, but I don´t like that pair of shoes.

And, of course, the blue coat and hat are wonderful. She looks really stunning. One of her best outfits, IMO.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 05-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Mary looks wonderful in both outfits, IMO. Of course in the second one she almost takes one's breath away! The style of the coat is so chic on her and I love the softness of the hat. Mary truly has to have The smartest collection of coats of any of the CP's. I also noticed that she was wearing the brooch that she wore for Christian's baptism, I believe. Lovely!
Old 05-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Courtier

Lovely, and she either read this thread or wasn't happy with that red in her hair either!