The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

The jacket is recycled. She first wore it with a green skirt. Mary is wearing it with a long sleeved top underneath, as you can see in these pictures: Troonopvolgers!: Prinses Mary bij kindermodeshow.

The skirt is ok - no better no worse IMO.
The tights being so dark is ok in my book, as the white in the skirt brings colour to the outfit.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Royal Highness

Yes,it was a very elegant appearance(as a whole).And I changed my mind about the skirt,now that I saw it in the photo where she's holding flowers.And her high heels are super-classy!!

Old 02-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I really like her top! It is different and I love the "leg-o-mutton" sleeves as they are typically called. It is unusual to see them in day-wear....
Old 02-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

The jacket is from the fall 2008 collection from Diane von Furstenberg.
The lovely skirt indeed fits perfectly, and I find the white lace overlay with scalloped edge over a straight black underskirt a great design idea. In this case the tights (which I usually don't like either) make fashion sense because they are in line with the stark black & white contrasts of the whole outfit.
The idea to pair the short-sleeved jacket with long-sleeved black turtleneck was that great though. On the catwalk, it was paired with a light, collarless long-sleeved blouse in a bold black and grey print, which called more attention to itself and made the wide puff sleeves appear less massive.
But anyway, CP Mary looked quite beautiful on her birthday today.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent

There goes my "Leg"o Mutton" sleeves comment! And I most certainly agree with Boris re: her stockings in this case. Sheer black would Not have worked at all. Her skirt is just a beauty in it's design and detail work. Interesting what a different photo will do to an outfit!
Old 02-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

No udyusa, your "Leg o' mutton sleeves" comment is perfectly correct!
That's what this kind of puff sleeve with inverted folds was called in the late 19th century, when they actually were popular for women's long day dresses, though usually ending in a tight long sleeve.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you, Boris! I have always liked those old fashioned sleeves for some reason and still do, for that matter! Of course they were day-wear but not the way Mary wore them. It appeared to me that Mary's sleeves Were long and tight thus the "Leg o' mutton sleeves". :-)
Old 02-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Courtier

I love this outfit.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Courtier

I really like this skirt. Very original !
Old 02-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Courtier

Very classy and elegant, she looks very chic. I love it.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I really like the black and white outfit. The puffed sleeves are very flattering on Mary. I am not so wild about the dark tights against the skirt, though. Her hair looks elegant in this pulled-back style, but I agree with the other posters. Her hair color is a bit too bright. I like her with a darker shade of brown.

The outfit from the 4th is not one of my favorites. I know that they are currently in style, but I have never cared for these slouchy boyfriend trousers. They really don't flatter anyone, and they are too masculine for my taste. The top is okay, but the color is too pale for Mary's skin tone. It washes her out.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:55 AM
Gentry

Location: Her Royal Highness lives in Beverly Hills California, United States
Does Princess Mary get botocs.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:54 AM
Serene Highness

It is good to see Mary nicely dressed again.
After those baggy pants, she is dressed feminine again.I love her skirt, nice combination with jacket. This skirt looks like made from lace, but probably it is not, but it is very interesting.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 02-06-2009, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The skirt is quite pretty, the silver lace over the black works real well and could be used for a night event as well. I think it wouldve been nice if she paired it up with a nice black shirt. I dont understand the puff sleeve jacket with a long sleeve under it though the jacket is nice though I like the look of a short sleeve jacket with a long top underneth. Black tights work very well with the look.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

She looks very elegant. I especially like the skirt, it´s very beautiful.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 02-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up

She looks divine in this outfit! I mean the skirt, the jacket, the pumps.......everything is just perfect!
Old 02-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Heir Apparent

She looks very elegant. Especially,the skirt is wonderful.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mia View Post
i don't think we can tell for sure but certenly she does not have wrinkles in her forehead!
i love the skirt! beautiful
Old 02-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Courtier

http://programmer.tv2.dk/articlenew....-18809890.html

she also appears in this video wearing the jacket Probably it is the same time she wore it with the green skirt.

Quote:
I think there is a thread about her skin care somewhere in the fourms, I would search it for you but I'm at work. I think she has been using mineral make up for a while and I would guess she has excellent skin care .... and you can see some expression lines around her eyes
Old 02-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Courtier

Mary has always had great skin. There is no evidence she has had anything like Botox done. I personally doubt it very much. She is ageing naturally and looks her age.