Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 5: January - April 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like Mary working on a new trend with the short sleeve top over long sleeve. I'm seriously disliking the look. It's like she wants to wear summer clothes in the middle of winter, but don't have the stamina for bare skin in the cold. EEEK!

Seems like Mary working on a new trend with the short sleeve top over long sleeve. I'm seriously disliking the look. It's like she wants to wear summer clothes in the middle of winter, but don't have the stamina for bare skin in the cold. EEEK!

I disagree that this is summer cloths. Look at the runway pictures,you do have looks of the short sleeve jacket over a long sleeve turtleneck also lots of short dresses and flowy skirts.
Here is Mary's jacket on the runway by DVF who also matched it with a printed long sleeve top.

Sure,but that doesn't mean that DVF's clothes are the most elegant you can find :rolleyes:

I loved this skirt and I'm ok with the thick fabric.We're in the middle of the winter.So it's Alberta Ferretti:thanks for the info,Chelsea!!

I loved this skirt! I'm sure that the thick wool was appropriate for Denmark in winter.

I don't know why but I just don't like the princesses in skirts and boots. Mary has the most incredible shoes of all the CP IMO why lessen the outfit with boots. I guess its just me!!

I must admit I love the boot and skirt look. It's a nice way to keep warm while wearing a skirt. Take it from someone in a cold climate.

Many of the looks that everyone seems to dislike are very "in" right now. I think it is a way of Mary keeping her wardrobe current. While it may not be everyone's cup of tea, she still looks nice and put together.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the first outfit and loved the boots. She has such skinny legs! The second outfit nwas not my cup of tea. I did not like the pink top.

:previous:

It looks like it to me HM, I think it's by Hugo Boss. Princess Marie has the same dress in purple.

Beautiful portrait and amazing dress!!I have to say I prefer Mary with medium-long hair,though.

I love this outfit, it's perfect. Beautiful picture of Mary and Frederik.

I like the dress in the official portrait. It is difficult to see it properly in the second photo. I also prefer Mary's hair a bit longer than she is wearing it in the first photo.

I like the dress in the official portrait. It is difficult to see it properly in the second photo. I also prefer Mary's hair a bit longer than she is wearing it in the first photo.

I totally agree with you.:flowers:

I'm with you re: her hair. It makes her look older, somehow. I also wish that Frederik had smiled abit...he looks so glum!

:previous:

Yes, that's one of the traditional outfits of Greenland.

I just found this picture:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/gigi_ho/DRWs/greenland_stamp.jpg

I usually love the outfits CP Mary wares but I have no idea what she was thinking. Is this outfit some kind of traditional dress?

If you scroll down to the 3rd picture, you can see a picture of the late king Frederix IX and queen Ingrid with their three daughters - all wearing traditional Greenland outfits - In Memoriam: Queen Ingrid of Denmark, courtesy of Nettyroyal.

:previous: Well for all the negative digs about Mary being only a fashion fanatic I think she looks great, as does Frederik. :flowers:

It is just a Fantastic pic of all of them! Simply beautiful...

Mary wore the grey ruffle dress once before on a balcony appearance. I believe she wore it with either a pink or cream jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom