The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Beautiful outfit, I like the colours. And I agree wit Duke of Marmalade, her hair colour doesn't look good.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
sorry what happened to her hair?
Somehow her haircolor looks more reddish then brown nowadays.
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/12528733.jpg

I quite like the shape of the pants she wore.
I agree that she looks really skinny lately.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
I don´t like the trousers. They are too big to her, IMO this is which makes her to look more skinny. The pink blouse is beautiful, I like the colour.
Her hair looks good, but I also prefer her usual dark brown.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Serene Highness

Pictures from royals.web-log.nl:
http://i40.tinypic.com/5jzdqh.jpg

I don't like her look today - every element in just something, clothes for housewife
Old 02-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Aristocracy

I would like the outfit more if it fit her better (not so baggy). The color of the top is very feminine, but she looks a little haggard for some reason (weight loss can sometimes do that to you, but I'm not sure if that's it or not).
Old 02-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Hmmm i like the trousers but the top is very plain.
Need something to make it stand out
x
Old 02-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Courtier

Maybe she's going for a medium to light brown hair color? Or Auburn?
Old 02-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Serene Highness

Oh no, I don't like these pants at all. They look baggy style and make her not feminine. Her top is so so.
Agreed, Her Majesty, Mary's hair is more brownish. I preferred her with darker, blackish hair.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 02-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dont like her baggy pants either. I never have thought that the style was a good one for her.
The top in iteslf is nice enough, but it seems to contribute to the overall "washed out" feeling that I'm getting.
I like both the hair style & colour - but I dont think that the colour should be permanent. Its a nice change, then a return to her normal brown would work for me .
Old 02-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Royal Highness

The top and bag look nice,but combined with those pants,it just doesn't work for Mary.She knows how to dress,but maybe she wanted a change.Anyway,I prefer her more classy and feminine.About the hair color:I think it's very fresh,we have to wait and see what's the real color she had in mind.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Courtier

I think the red highlights are a good change of pace. Sometimes as women age blonde highlights make you look ashen or greying. Red is a way to lighten. Besides, who keeps the same hairstyle all the time. Even if you like it or don't like it at least she changes it.

I am not a big fan of the baggy pants either. But it is a very popular style. I've seen it in magazines and catalogs. Honestly, unless you are thin like Mary it doesn't work. How lucky she is (and hard working) to have a body like that! Pink is a good color on her. She likes more muted tones. I makes her stand out as a person instead of the outfit standing out. That I think is what she is looking for.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Gentry

I really like both her recent outfits, they make Mary's style somehow fresh again. I was getting a bit bored lately of too much perfection and polished classiness.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Courtier

I went shopping this weekend and I saw trousers similar to those, so I guess they are very in. I don't mind them much, but is the combination with the sweater what doesn't work, perhaps if the sweater was more tight around her waist line...

The sweater is beautiful, but I'm not sure the tone works he for her either a bit to pale, for her already pale skin...

However I agree with Hedvig, this is fresh!
Old 02-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Nobility

Anybody got details on the beaded choker that Mary wore with the cream top and black sailor pants? Somehow I liked that silhouette on her. She looks more feminine when she wears high collars; she really has a very mannish figure otherwise.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton View Post
Anybody got details on the beaded choker that Mary wore with the cream top and black sailor pants? Somehow I liked that silhouette on her. She looks more feminine when she wears high collars; she really has a very mannish figure otherwise.
The outfit you are talking about is probably the one being discussed here.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love her hair color these days, can't say much for the pink top & pants outfit, there's something kind of casual about it compared to what she normally wears.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

05/02 Mary visiting Ciff Kids (Copenhagen International Fashion Fair Kids)

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Full view
Close up

The outfit is very elegant & classy, I like it. Today Mary has a decent hairdo but I don't like her haircolour at all. If Mary had done highlights in henna or chestnut or whatever it is, fine, but the full dye looks fake and unless it's being repeated every two weeks there will be an ugly hairline soon, showing the original colour.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

this look today is better than some of her recent outfits but personally i dont like the dark stockings

Old 02-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Mary looks wonderful in her outfit...very smart and chic. I am not certain as to her hair color as it does seem to be too reddish. As for the black stockings I just think they are too heavy looking. Perhaps she should have worn a sheer black but Definately black!
Old 02-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Royal Highness

The jacket is very fashionable and elegant (although I'm afraid the next step in fashion will be Dynasty's jackets...).In my opinion,the problem has to do with the skirt(it just don't fit!) and not with the stockings.

Closed Thread