Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 5: January - April 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the red highlights are a good change of pace. Sometimes as women age blonde highlights make you look ashen or greying. Red is a way to lighten. Besides, who keeps the same hairstyle all the time. Even if you like it or don't like it at least she changes it.

I am not a big fan of the baggy pants either. But it is a very popular style. I've seen it in magazines and catalogs. Honestly, unless you are thin like Mary it doesn't work. How lucky she is (and hard working) to have a body like that! Pink is a good color on her. She likes more muted tones. I makes her stand out as a person instead of the outfit standing out. That I think is what she is looking for.

I really like both her recent outfits, they make Mary's style somehow fresh again. I was getting a bit bored lately of too much perfection and polished classiness.

I went shopping this weekend and I saw trousers similar to those, so I guess they are very in. I don't mind them much, but is the combination with the sweater what doesn't work, perhaps if the sweater was more tight around her waist line...

The sweater is beautiful, but I'm not sure the tone works he for her either a bit to pale, for her already pale skin...

However I agree with Hedvig, this is fresh!

Anybody got details on the beaded choker that Mary wore with the cream top and black sailor pants? Somehow I liked that silhouette on her. She looks more feminine when she wears high collars; she really has a very mannish figure otherwise.

Anybody got details on the beaded choker that Mary wore with the cream top and black sailor pants? Somehow I liked that silhouette on her. She looks more feminine when she wears high collars; she really has a very mannish figure otherwise.

The outfit you are talking about is probably the one being discussed here. ;)

Love her hair color these days, can't say much for the pink top & pants outfit, there's something kind of casual about it compared to what she normally wears.

05/02 Mary visiting Ciff Kids (Copenhagen International Fashion Fair Kids)

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Full view
Close up

The outfit is very elegant & classy, I like it. Today Mary has a decent hairdo but I don't like her haircolour at all. If Mary had done highlights in henna or chestnut or whatever it is, fine, but the full dye looks fake and unless it's being repeated every two weeks there will be an ugly hairline soon, showing the original colour.

this look today is better than some of her recent outfits but personally i dont like the dark stockings

I think Mary looks wonderful in her outfit...very smart and chic. I am not certain as to her hair color as it does seem to be too reddish. As for the black stockings I just think they are too heavy looking. Perhaps she should have worn a sheer black but Definately black!

The jacket is very fashionable and elegant (although I'm afraid the next step in fashion will be Dynasty's jackets...).In my opinion,the problem has to do with the skirt(it just don't fit!) and not with the stockings.

The jacket is recycled. She first wore it with a green skirt. Mary is wearing it with a long sleeved top underneath, as you can see in these pictures: Troonopvolgers!: Prinses Mary bij kindermodeshow.

The skirt is ok - no better no worse IMO.
The tights being so dark is ok in my book, as the white in the skirt brings colour to the outfit.

Yes,it was a very elegant appearance(as a whole).And I changed my mind about the skirt,now that I saw it in the photo where she's holding flowers.And her high heels are super-classy!!

I really like her top! It is different and I love the "leg-o-mutton" sleeves as they are typically called. It is unusual to see them in day-wear....

The jacket is from the fall 2008 collection from Diane von Furstenberg.
The lovely skirt indeed fits perfectly, and I find the white lace overlay with scalloped edge over a straight black underskirt a great design idea. In this case the tights (which I usually don't like either) make fashion sense because they are in line with the stark black & white contrasts of the whole outfit.
The idea to pair the short-sleeved jacket with long-sleeved black turtleneck was that great though. On the catwalk, it was paired with a light, collarless long-sleeved blouse in a bold black and grey print, which called more attention to itself and made the wide puff sleeves appear less massive.
But anyway, CP Mary looked quite beautiful on her birthday today.

Last edited:
There goes my "Leg"o Mutton" sleeves comment! And I most certainly agree with Boris re: her stockings in this case. Sheer black would Not have worked at all. Her skirt is just a beauty in it's design and detail work. Interesting what a different photo will do to an outfit!

No udyusa, your "Leg o' mutton sleeves" comment is perfectly correct!
That's what this kind of puff sleeve with inverted folds was called in the late 19th century, when they actually were popular for women's long day dresses, though usually ending in a tight long sleeve.

Thank you, Boris! I have always liked those old fashioned sleeves for some reason and still do, for that matter! Of course they were day-wear but not the way Mary wore them. It appeared to me that Mary's sleeves Were long and tight thus the "Leg o' mutton sleeves". :)

Very classy and elegant, she looks very chic. I love it.

I really like the black and white outfit. The puffed sleeves are very flattering on Mary. I am not so wild about the dark tights against the skirt, though. Her hair looks elegant in this pulled-back style, but I agree with the other posters. Her hair color is a bit too bright. I like her with a darker shade of brown.

The outfit from the 4th is not one of my favorites. I know that they are currently in style, but I have never cared for these slouchy boyfriend trousers. They really don't flatter anyone, and they are too masculine for my taste. The top is okay, but the color is too pale for Mary's skin tone. It washes her out.

Does Princess Mary get botocs.

It is good to see Mary nicely dressed again.;)
After those baggy pants, she is dressed feminine again.:)I love her skirt, nice combination with jacket. This skirt looks like made from lace, but probably it is not, but it is very interesting.

The skirt is quite pretty, the silver lace over the black works real well and could be used for a night event as well. I think it wouldve been nice if she paired it up with a nice black shirt. I dont understand the puff sleeve jacket with a long sleeve under it though the jacket is nice though I like the look of a short sleeve jacket with a long top underneth. Black tights work very well with the look.

She looks very elegant. I especially like the skirt, it´s very beautiful.

She looks divine in this outfit! I mean the skirt, the jacket, the pumps.......everything is just perfect! :previous:

http://www.seoghoer.dk/Nyheder/Royalt/mary og ecco pris.aspxhttp://programmer.tv2.dk/articlenew.php/id-18809890.html

she also appears in this video wearing the jacket Probably it is the same time she wore it with the green skirt.

Does Princess Mary get botocs.
I think there is a thread about her skin care somewhere in the fourms, I would search it for you but I'm at work. I think she has been using mineral make up for a while and I would guess she has excellent skin care .... and you can see some expression lines around her eyes

Mary has always had great skin. There is no evidence she has had anything like Botox done. I personally doubt it very much. She is ageing naturally and looks her age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom