Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 5: January - April 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
. . . And yes,the shoes are a little bit platforms-a little bit?-but they were designed by a Master . . .
I adore her shoes, except for those really long pointy-toed things. Now they really are awful, but these little platforms are tres`chic. :in_love:

I love the shoes, but I'm not sure I would have paired them with the grey/red outfit. I don't care much for the skirt, nor the brooch, but overall she looks appropriate for winther.

About the second outfit, I really like the blouse and the hair! love love love the satin, grey top!

I just think that Mary looks fabulous in All of the furs!!! She certainly knows how to look the look of a Princess without a doubt, imho. Just unbelievable pics of a beautiful princess...

In my opinion, Princess Mary style is ordinary as far as royal style is concerned. Queen Rania, Princess Victoria of Sweden and etc know how to look stylish. If you have money and a stylist, there is no problem to look like Princess!! Besides the phrase the look of a Princess is silly. It reminds me Barbie Doll. Mary wears clothes that are appropriate to her position. Some of you exaggerate about Princess Mary. She is a normal woman who dresses appropriate to her position. I don't like her look in a purple Prada dress because she has too much make up on her face and her cleavage is too pale compared with face. Wrong make up and she shows too much of her body, especially cleavage.

Last edited by a moderator:
The elegance and innovative ways Mary is able to combine the items in her closet always is a joy to watch IMO. One may not always actually like what she wears, but she certainly has this uncanny ability to always look interesting with her choices.

more pictures of that outfit

http://i42.tinypic.com/29glflx.jpg
BB

I like this outfit, but the shoes are hideous! Please tell me that CP Mary isn't gonna take up on using those horrible horrible horrible Letizia type shoes!! :eek: Pretty please.

The outfit is nice put together by parts that weren't made to g together, but it look very nice on CP Mary. She has so many suits and dresses, and it is nice to see her in an outfit that is what I camm "mix match". I like her outfit. But the shoes....... :ermm:

In my opinion, Princess Mary style is ordinary as far as royal style is concerned. Queen Rania, Princess Victoria of Sweden and etc know how to look stylish. If you have money and a stylist, there is no problem to look like Princess!! Besides the phrase the look of a Princess is silly. It reminds me Barbie Doll. Mary wears clothes that are appropriate to her position. Some of you exaggerate about Princess Mary. She is a normal woman who dresses appropriate to her position. I don't like her look in a purple Prada dress because she has too much make up on her face and her cleavage is too pale compared with face. Wrong make up and she shows too much of her body, especially cleavage.

Well, I certainly disagree with you on this one Madzia. Mary is not ordianary, but stylish. I will agree Rania is fashionable, but Victoria looks awful imo. I don't think people exaggerate about Mary, it is what they like and dislike.

I just think that Mary looks fabulous in All of the furs!!! She certainly knows how to look the look of a Princess without a doubt, imho. Just unbelievable pics of a beautiful princess...

Yes, I love her furs too. But I think they may be missing one or two furs.

do you think that Mary designs her own cloths ?

Nanna
www.kronprinsesse-mary.dk
www.marie-og-mary.blogspot.com

No mary does not design her own clothes. If she has something custom made she may have some imput, but she does not design.

The elegance and innovative ways Mary is able to combine the items in her closet always is a joy to watch IMO. One may not always actually like what she wears, but she certainly has this uncanny ability to always look interesting with her choices.

I agree. She keeps it elegant and modern with out looking strange, but just unique enough.

I like this outfit, but the shoes are hideous! Please tell me that CP Mary isn't gonna take up on using those horrible horrible horrible Letizia type shoes!! :eek: Pretty please.

The outfit is nice put together by parts that weren't made to g together, but it look very nice on CP Mary. She has so many suits and dresses, and it is nice to see her in an outfit that is what I camm "mix match". I like her outfit. But the shoes....... :ermm:

Yes, I agree, I hate those shoes. But the platform types are very popular now. I have a tough time finding shoes with out it. But it does help stabalize the higher heel.

I do like her mix and match too. I makes you think about your own clothes and what you can do. It keeps me out of a rut.

Last edited by a moderator:
I fully agree with you. I like the way Crown Princess Mary mixes and recycles various piece of clothes by making recycled ensembles look new again.

My only negative criticism of Princess Mary's style is mixing dark hose with light-coloured shoes...she has done this on numerous occassions, OK maybe not that many times, maybe 5 times in the last 5 years but every time I cringe and say, "OH, Mary, are you surrounding yourself with yes(wo)men?" Yes, your higness the dark hose look great with those shoes!!!....

Mary, if you are reading this only wear dark hose with black shoes and no hose or beige hose with shoes of any other colour...

She has worn dark hose with brown shoes, green shoes, grey/silver shoes, bronze shiny shoes and it looks awful!!!

I agree that dark hose with lighter shoes does not look that good. I can only assume that dark hose is thicker or warmer that regular nude pantyhose, and the combo i=of light colored shoes with dark shoes helps balance the outfit or breaks up all the darkness, etc.

She's unique in her own way!!Classy and elegant.And she hardly makes any mistakes.If you consider the fact that she's a "young" Princess and she's still learning,I believe Mary will become and remain a style icon for years.

outside: fur thing wrapped around her neck and sorry what happened to her hair? this is a strange colour, almost chestnut and not the usual dark brown anymore, don't like it, highlights are much better than a fake-looking dye job
Picture details
inside: nice outfit but the trousers are a few sizes too big, in general mary looks very skinny these days as if she had lost some weight
Picture details

I would like the outfit more if it fit her better (not so baggy). The color of the top is very feminine, but she looks a little haggard for some reason (weight loss can sometimes do that to you, but I'm not sure if that's it or not).

Hmmm i like the trousers but the top is very plain.
Need something to make it stand out :D
x

Maybe she's going for a medium to light brown hair color? Or Auburn?

Oh no, :ohmy:I don't like these pants at all. They look baggy style and make her not feminine. Her top is so so.
Agreed, Her Majesty, Mary's hair is more brownish. I preferred her with darker, blackish hair.

I dont like her baggy pants either. I never have thought that the style was a good one for her.
The top in iteslf is nice enough, but it seems to contribute to the overall "washed out" feeling that I'm getting.
I like both the hair style & colour - but I dont think that the colour should be permanent. Its a nice change, then a return to her normal brown would work for me ;) .

The top and bag look nice,but combined with those pants,it just doesn't work for Mary.She knows how to dress,but maybe she wanted a change.Anyway,I prefer her more classy and feminine.About the hair color:I think it's very fresh,we have to wait and see what's the real color she had in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom