Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 5: January - April 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks amazing almost in all colors. In fact I don't remember a color that looks awful on her. Today's dress is so elegant and appropriate for the event. :)

What a beautiful dress.
Why she doesn't wear lighter colours?
Must be the Danish way that has rubbed off on her ;) For some inexplicable reason Danes mostly wear dark colours during the winter which is a bit strange. Years back, I knew an Australian woman who lived in Denmark for a couple of years and she just didn't understand why Danes do not wear bright sunny colours during the long and very dark winters. She had a point :)
This said, I think the chocolate brown colour of Mary's dress was lovely.

I love this dress! It kind of reminds me of the dress she wore during the engagement announcement. Chocolate brown looks very nice on Mary.

Must be the Danish way that has rubbed off on her ;) For some inexplicable reason Danes mostly wear dark colours during the winter which is a bit strange. Years back, I knew an Australian woman who lived in Denmark for a couple of years and she just didn't understand why Danes do not wear bright sunny colours during the long and very dark winters. She had a point :)
This said, I think the chocolate brown colour of Mary's dress was lovely.

Maybe bright and sunny colours might get more easily dirty :whistling: No problem for Mary (she sure has her maids taking care of her wardrobe, and sure she has more than one coat), but could be a problem to a mere mortal.

I really like this outfit. I always wish more pictures from the reception are released - they dont tend to be looking from a fashion point of view when they're released (LOL). I'd love to see a front-on picture, to see the detailing better.

No,Fashionista,I understand :flowers: The truth is that I'm not sure about what it really bothers me about these jeans:first of all,they look old,like she has been wearing them for years.And they are not stylish at all.If they are indeed Miss Sixty,I understand why they give me such a bad impression:they make awful jeans,in my opinion :rolleyes: Generally,Mary in these photos is dressed like a student(either in high school or University,you choose :D ).You know,considering the fact that Mary is one of the most well-dressed princesses,I guess I expected way more,even from her street style.Personally,I have stated several times that Rania and Mary are in my Top2 list and I really don't understand all this attack-not from you,Fashionista-above.Of course,she's one of the most fashionable royals.But I have the right to state a negative opinion every time I see her wearing something I don't consider elegant,beautiful or whatever.

I don't think people were intentionally attacking you. But people, myself included, like to give opinions and sometimes they are taking the wrong way. It's easy when you only write things and cannot see the persons face or hear their voice. Don't worry about giving your opinion. That is what the site is for. I think it's easy to get defensive about Mary. A lot of unfair and mean things have been said about her in the past, not by you, to stir up trouble or just be mean. And I think many on this board and others are still sensitive to that. We enjoy hearing your opinions and everyone elses.

The dress is simply beautiful. I dont think if it was in another color it would look as good. maybe because the overall is just perfect. The detailing looks really nice, hope to get a few more pictures which I doubt. All though the belt has been used over and over it still is a pretty touch to the dress. I cant really tell if its a dress or a skirt and top from the same fabric which looks like a dress.

Beautiful dress. I also like the shoes and the belt. Perfect outfit.

Fashionista,perhaps the real problem at these threads is not when someone has a negative opinion,but members who are obsessed with certain royals ;)

Fashionista,perhaps the real problem at these threads is not when someone has a negative opinion,but members who are obsessed with certain royals ;)

For me, appreciate a dress is not a question of "obsession" with a royal. We cannot judge the opinions of others. ;)

I don't know you,Julie.But I know e x a c t l y what I'm talking about ;)

I am not a fan of brown so on saying that I think the rich colour is really lovely on Mary. Am wondering if that longer length suits he rhave not been able to decide. Dress obcession I am not sure but htis is Mary's daytime fashion thread and I like talking about cloyhes and reading what others have to say.

Nice dress:flowers:
IMO, she looks great in brown, it´s one of her best colours -maybe because it´s her hair and eyes colour;)-.This dress is an excellent choice!!
Beautiful shoes, too.

Chic and elegant but normal, nothing too mucht, ideal for the ocassion, but Mary looks a bit too thin to me!

what i am really surprise tthat she looks now too thing after having 2 children and before, i mean when you see the photos oh her before becaming a princess she was with more weight, and pleas i am not meaning fat , think she was more with an avarage weight , now becasue she is in the eye of the media, p hotos and tv, may be she wants to look her thinnest, althoug i think letizia is the thiniest of all of them.

I am not a fan of the brown dress, the cut of the dress is lovely, but the color makes her look too brown from head to toe. Maybe if she wore a colored cardigan with it, it would have broken up the color just a bit. I would have loved to have seen this dress in a lovely deep purple on her. Just my opinion though.

The outfit is sweet. I normally don't like brown, but it goes well with her hair. If I were her, I wouldn't have worn the belt with the outfit.

I only liked he last beige clutch :previous: Thank you,PoE :flowers:

The dress and especially the shoes are fantastic!!I didn't like the color of her stockings,though.Question: did anyone else notice that Mary wasn't wearing a bra? ;)

The dress and especially the shoes are fantastic!!I didn't like the color of her stockings,though.Question: did anyone else notice that Mary wasn't wearing a bra? ;)
how did you noticed that?

...With my eyes (LOL) Come on,have a closer look :previous: :D
I'm saying this,because I wonder:is this permitted now among royal ladies?I mean,it's not a "b-class"-thing anymore? :whistling:

Last edited:
Well, i have used my eyes as well and i don't see it.:ermm: If she isn't wearing a bra, I am sure she is wearing a camisole or something to that effect. I highly doubt that the Crown Princess of Denmark would 'let it all hang out' so to speak, at an official event.:flowers:

:lol: I loved the way you put it.It was meant to be funny,you know,just to cheer things up a little bit :flowers: Although the camisole must have been too thin :whistling: (Just kidding)

I love her shoes! They looked great with this dress.

I think she looks great in brown! Princess Mary really does have the best shoes of all the CP IMO. I would have liked to see her in more formal jewelry but anyone who has read my posts knows I always think that!! HEHEHE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom