Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 5: January - April 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary in Miami

Day 1 - Boring look IMO. Green/olive shorts and a white/creamy top. As a Crown Princess I think she could do better at a day with family by the water. I dont mean she has to dress up but this look reminds me very much of Mary's look before being a CP.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2
Posted by Paty

Day 2 - A long white printed skirt and a black top. I kind of like this look, the skirt is pretty.

Pic 1

Day 1- She looks very fresh & beautiful.

Day 2- White printed skirt is very lovely.

I also like day 1´s look more than day 2´s one. From the day 1, I like the blouse-shorts ensemble, she looks very fresh. Especially the blouse is casual but very lovely. And I love her sunglasses!:)
From the day 2, I just like the black top, I find the skirt too long for a young woman as her :nonono: She looks older, IMO, when the other day she looked very fresh and young.

She looks both days good, but I also prefer day 1.

Day 1 typical free Mary.
Day 2 quite ok but I don't like photo #1 she look old and bigger.

It has been nice to see Crown Princely couple in a very informal setting. Both outfits worn by Crown Princess Mary are well-chosen to suit the occasion. She looked comfortable. I am not keen on a hippie long skirt though.

I so agree with you, Al bina. She looked relaxed and happy and that's what matters most. They are on a vacation/holiday are they not? She doesn't have to be Miss Perfect all the time.

I didn't like that skirt at all,it's "gipsy-looking" in my opinion.But,since they are on holiday,I give up.Wish they have a great time!

Mary looks great - good holiday clothes. I loved both pairs of shoes!

I liked the skirt, but in one of the photos, the tag was sticking out. It always bugs me when tags stick out. I didn't care for the sweater draped around her shoulders, though. It was a completely different look from the long flowing skirt, and the two looks didn't work together.

Does anyone have any idea what designer/brand those new sunglasses of hers are from? The figure-8 style?

She has always been a Gucci, Giorgio Armani, Prada sunnies girl...are they from any of these designers?

Most likely. CP Maxima has the same pair and I just do not like them at all on Mary. She has worn them before and I just think they are unattractive. Don't know why, just IMHO....

Thanks for the critique, Udyusa ;) but for my analytical, info-seeking, fashion mind, I need a designer/brand? Does anyone have any ideas? They have a gold strip on the arms but I can't make out the name on it, if any!!! Not that I want/need to purchase them, I just would like to know...Mainly so I can critique Mary's excessiveness :)

You are very welcome! I can assure you, Xeara, that someone reading this will remember the designer!! So fear not, but have patience...The designer's name will be forthcoming!!

Does anyone have any idea what designer/brand those new sunglasses of hers are from? The figure-8 style?

She has always been a Gucci, Giorgio Armani, Prada sunnies girl...are they from any of these designers?

The glasses are by Tom Ford. It's the "Whitney" style she has on. I have the "Jennifer"

Nordstrom.com

I think the choice of resort wear could be much more beautiful and complex than she was dressed!!!

Yes, it could be, but she looked comfortable and casual and cool in the heat of Florida. I think that she has just let her hair down, so to speak, and is just enjoying herself with her family! :)

Yes, it could be, but she looked comfortable and casual and cool in the heat of Florida. I think that she has just let her hair down, so to speak, and is just enjoying herself with her family! :)

Agree, indeed! She's having free-time with small children, no need to make a fashion statement.
I appreciate her attitude.

Well from a comfortable holiday POV she's doing fine, but they aren't the best looking clother in her wardrobe!!!

Agreed, Marmi! But what's the difference? Who is she trying to impress...the native Floridians? Believe me, they wouldn't be able to impress anyone. :)

Agreed, Marmi! But what's the difference? Who is she trying to impress...the native Floridians? Believe me, they wouldn't be able to impress anyone. :)
Now you got me all confused here :confused: Why do you conclude that she is trying to impress anyone? I mean she is clearly wearing clothes meant for comfort and playing with the kids.......

User Dane, read Marmi's First post...#293. That's the one I was referring to, and answering to. Hope that clears it up for you. Sorry if I confused you!

User Dane, read Marmi's First post...#293. That's the one I was referring to, and answering to. Hope that clears it up for you. Sorry if I confused you!
Thanks Udyusa :) -I'm easily confused these days ;)
I still don't get the impress thing but think I will come back and read it all again after a good night's sleep;)

In other words, she isn't trying to impress Anyone....least of all the native Floridians. She is just being comfortable and casual and cool, and enjoying herself! I must admit that my post left alot to be desired and wasn't very clear. Sorry 'bout that!!
Sleep tight! :)

I agree I love the coat the detailing is divine. The shoes are also stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom