The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I am not a fan of cargo pants in general, but they were appropriate for what she was doing. I do like the white blouse that she was wearing.

Old 10-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry if I misunderstood your comment, Envoy. Sorry that I am unable to answer your question!

sgl, I also like her blouse. Maybe she could have just worn a pair of regular khaki's? Boring.....

Old 10-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Aristocracy

I think Mary has been dressed great for this trip. At first, I wasn't too keen on the pink dress, but after seeing a video of her at the children's center I think it was perfect for the event. The children obviously went to great lengths to be dressed and it was a more "formal" occasion than other events on the trip. So it was nice to see that she dressed up for them, but without over-dressing.

What she's worn for visits to the camps has been perfect. These are not areas where you can just go in khaki pants and flats. The cargo pants with study walking/hiking shoes are what's needed for camp and what she was doing during the visit. I take back my snarky comment that I made on the board about the visit on how she was going to dress. She's looked great and obviously is very moved by what she is seeing.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Parrothead, I do not remember any 'snarky' remarks made by you and if you did well, that was your opinion at the time. We ALL make silly remarks but no need to beat yourself over the head for doing so! That's the beauty of this board....opinions!!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Parrothead, I do not remember any 'snarky' remarks made by you and if you did well, that was your opinion at the time. We ALL make silly remarks but no need to beat yourself over the head for doing so! That's the beauty of this board....opinions!!
thank you for saying so, but I do feel bad. I try not to be judgemental, but alas it happens!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes alas, it Does happen. But all of us have said things we wish we could take back before we hit 'send'!! Please try not to fret....
Old 10-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Gentry

Why are some of us more concerned about what Mary wears on this important trip than what she does or is trying to do for these refugees....?
Old 10-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Good question, sweetness. Frankly I could care less what she wears as Mary Always dresses well, imo.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
Why are some of us more concerned about what Mary wears on this important trip than what she does or is trying to do for these refugees....?
Well, this is the fashion thread!
If you want to avoid that conversation just check out the thread for the visit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrothead View Post
So it was nice to see that she dressed up for them, but without over-dressing.
I think she juggled that one really well to be honest.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well said, Marmi, and I totally agree with you!! Thus my comment that Mary Always seems to get it right no matter where she is. She just has that certain 'flair' for fashion which I admire.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Well said, Marmi, and I totally agree with you!! Thus my comment that Mary Always seems to get it right no matter where she is. She just has that certain 'flair' for fashion which I admire.
it is true she has this cetain flair for faashion, now, but when i see the photos of her before her wedding or better before the media knew about her , she looked like any other girl in town! she really have good people around her to help her for her style and everything else! and of course sha has a good canvas! without that, nobody can do anything!
Old 10-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with you ashelen Mary is smart and has had loade of help in these early years which is as it should be. Clearly she is a smart girl and has taken the advise and still managed to keep that sense of self; Thanks for putting it so well.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
Well, this is the fashion thread!
If you want to avoid that conversation just check out the thread for the visit...
I realised that....what I am saying is on this very important trip where she is trying to bring awareness to so many important issues, we shouldn't be concerned how she is dressed as long as she's dressed appropriately - and she always does imo.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Uh hello...That's exactly what I just said in my comment #110!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Mary has a estrange hairdo (I don´t like)
B.T. online avis nyheder, politik, sport, underholdning
I love her coat but the hairdo is terrible. She looks like Dita von Teese in these pictures
Old 10-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Pfft. Mary's look's nothing like the amazing Dita... not even close.

Mary's outfit from today looks okay, but more than anything, I hate the curly side swept hairdo...

The coat we've seen over and over again which is nice, but I would have liked to see something new and different.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I like Crown Princess Mary's outfit. As usually she did a good job choosing the colour palette (maroon and golden)that became her well. The hairstyle looked awkward though. I think a simple sleek hairstyle would have been much better.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Courtier

HRH Princess Mary looks BEAUTIFUL, as always.
Love Mary's hair.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

The coat and the hat are one of my favourites.
The hair is a true no-go. I don't like it at all.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

The hair YUK the rest lovely.

Tags
crown princess mary of denmark, daytime fashion