The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
I don't se why she chould dress down just because the issue is about poor children in Uganda. I do not like discrimination. IMO the poor children of Uganda are not lesser human beings then thouse of us who had the fortune to be born in the wealthiest parts of the world. They too deserve the best of the best, and that includes the respect of CP's (in this case Mary) treating them excatly like everybody else - rich or poor - also when it comes to choice of outfit.
I am not a racist neither do I think that she should treat them in a better way because they are living in a poor country!

It's just my opinion that she is kind of very formally dressed for a charity trip in Uganda!

Old 09-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
i definitly think Mary toned down her outfit for this visit - the dress is casual yet a lovely warm colour on her. i also noticed that she wasnt wearing her engagement ring on the visit maybe she decidied to also wear less jewellery
royals.web-log.nl: Prinses Mary in Uganda
She is wearing long earrings, a bracelet and of course her wedding band(that's ok!) - what lack of or less jewellery are we talking about?

Old 09-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelica View Post
I am not a racist neither do I think that she should treat them in a better way because they are living in a poor country!
No, of course she should not treat them in a better way because they are living in a poor country - that would be utterly tasteless and discrimination in disguise.

IMO they deserve that she gve them the best of her best the same way as if she was visiting a hospital in for example Sweeden - also when it comes to her outfit. The only distinction should be regarding climate.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the dress is pretty. It looks like linen to me, which would have been appropriate for this visit, and we all know that linen wrinkles quite easily. I really love her shoes.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you, Hedvig. I am happy that you noticed that as well.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Crown Princess Mary visited Lama refugee camp, home to Sudanese refugees near Moyo in northern Uganda

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...forum/2-11.jpg
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...forum/4-10.jpg
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm25/myforum/8-5.jpg

(polfoto, originally posted by dazzling)

Old 09-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

A very casual outfit and what I accpected while visiting refugee camps. The day 1 outfit (pink shirt dress) was abit too formal but thats what a princess would wear and thats what the people would expect. The pink dress was very pretty and todays outfit looked comftable.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Aristocracy

I love her attire today! The beige trousers and the white blouse were an excellent choice!

Maybe I was a bit harsh with my comments about the pink dress and the heels and the jewellery that she wore yesterday but I really thought she overdid it a bit! The heels and the length of the pink dress, i think, were totally inappropriate! I liked the dress a lot but I think for this occasion she should have better worn it with a pair a white trousers.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Today's outfit underlines the intention Mary's trip should have: it's appropriate and helps to fit in, we see her interact with and listen to the people. Yesterday's outfit was a pity in terms of possible interaction, she could have done a lot more with the kids if she had worn trousers - without being afraid that the short dress might lead to inappropriate shots, exposing too much. It somehow brought an unnecessary distance that is gone with today's attire: no problem to sit on the floor with the kids or bend the knees when wearing trousers!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes I think today's outift was tottaly appropriate for the ocassion, maybe yesterday she has other appointmenst and maybe she had to meet some important people so that dress was the best choice. She has Caroline heearing with her during this trip and yesterday Caroline was very formal dress also.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm pleased with todays outfit. its as expected. did anyone else notice her shoes?
Old 09-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Courtier

Mary looked very appropriate today. Her hair was groomed and she looked comfortable yet professional.
All of the sweet children are very dressed up --- the little girl in the white dress with the red cap on her head --- she is just adorable.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mary was appropiately dressed today as well as yesterday imho. Today she is at a camp and therefore outdoors and on the dirt ground while wearing what appear to be very ugly trainers/sneakers but perfect ! Did anyone notice how the little ones were all dressed up in their prettiest dresses to meet a princess? Also perfect!
Old 09-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ooops. Looks like PamK sneaked her post in before mine. Didn't mean to repeat. Sorry 'bout that!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Courtier

On the first day there is a picture that shows her with men in suits and ties. Maybe that is why she is over dressed as some feel she was. I think Mary has a pretty good idea what is appropiate and what is not for her visit. So maybe we need to check out her schedule more.

New Vision Online : Danish Crown Princess visits Uganda
Old 10-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Commoner

I am FREAKING out over this scarf of Mary's

Has anyone seen one like it or where such a thing can be had?

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...forum/3-13.jpg
Old 10-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am assuming that you do not like it?? If so, why ever not.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Crown Princess Mary visited Lama refugee camp, home to Sudanese refugees near Moyo in northern Uganda

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...forum/2-11.jpg
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/m...forum/4-10.jpg
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm25/myforum/8-5.jpg

(polfoto, originally posted by dazzling)
Mary looked very appropriately dressed (if you forgive those ugly sneakers) However if I step back and look at those photos again, I believe the camp residents were dressed up as well to receive her. It is a sign of respect to look good for your hosts.

Mrs Astor used to wear her finest when she was going around to poor areas at hospitals and schools she was trying to raise money for. She always used to say that "If these people came over to see me, I owe it to them to look my best"
Old 10-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Commoner

No I love it and I want to know where to buy one!
Old 10-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Courtier

Cargo pants worn Sep 1 and Oct 1 is from North Face:
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...hfacepants.jpg
http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/...ible-pant.html

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...pants92908.jpg
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...ants100108.jpg

Tags
crown princess mary of denmark, daytime fashion