Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 4: September 2008 - January 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pleased with todays outfit. its as expected. did anyone else notice her shoes?

Mary looked very appropriate today. Her hair was groomed and she looked comfortable yet professional.
All of the sweet children are very dressed up --- the little girl in the white dress with the red cap on her head --- she is just adorable.

Mary was appropiately dressed today as well as yesterday imho. Today she is at a camp and therefore outdoors and on the dirt ground while wearing what appear to be very ugly trainers/sneakers but perfect ! Did anyone notice how the little ones were all dressed up in their prettiest dresses to meet a princess? Also perfect!

Ooops. Looks like PamK sneaked her post in before mine. Didn't mean to repeat. Sorry 'bout that!!!

On the first day there is a picture that shows her with men in suits and ties. Maybe that is why she is over dressed as some feel she was. I think Mary has a pretty good idea what is appropiate and what is not for her visit. So maybe we need to check out her schedule more.

New Vision Online : Danish Crown Princess visits Uganda

I am assuming that you do not like it?? If so, why ever not.

Crown Princess Mary visited Lama refugee camp, home to Sudanese refugees near Moyo in northern Uganda

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm25/myforum/2-11.jpg
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm25/myforum/4-10.jpg
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm25/myforum/8-5.jpg

(polfoto, originally posted by dazzling)

Mary looked very appropriately dressed (if you forgive those ugly sneakers) However if I step back and look at those photos again, I believe the camp residents were dressed up as well to receive her. It is a sign of respect to look good for your hosts.

Mrs Astor used to wear her finest when she was going around to poor areas at hospitals and schools she was trying to raise money for. She always used to say that "If these people came over to see me, I owe it to them to look my best"

No I love it and I want to know where to buy one!

I am not a fan of cargo pants in general, but they were appropriate for what she was doing. I do like the white blouse that she was wearing.

Sorry if I misunderstood your comment, Envoy. Sorry that I am unable to answer your question!

sgl, I also like her blouse. Maybe she could have just worn a pair of regular khaki's? Boring.....

I think Mary has been dressed great for this trip. At first, I wasn't too keen on the pink dress, but after seeing a video of her at the children's center I think it was perfect for the event. The children obviously went to great lengths to be dressed and it was a more "formal" occasion than other events on the trip. So it was nice to see that she dressed up for them, but without over-dressing.

What she's worn for visits to the camps has been perfect. These are not areas where you can just go in khaki pants and flats. The cargo pants with study walking/hiking shoes are what's needed for camp and what she was doing during the visit. I take back my snarky comment that I made on the board about the visit on how she was going to dress. She's looked great and obviously is very moved by what she is seeing.

Parrothead, I do not remember any 'snarky' remarks made by you and if you did well, that was your opinion at the time. We ALL make silly remarks but no need to beat yourself over the head for doing so! That's the beauty of this board....opinions!!

Parrothead, I do not remember any 'snarky' remarks made by you and if you did well, that was your opinion at the time. We ALL make silly remarks but no need to beat yourself over the head for doing so! That's the beauty of this board....opinions!!

thank you for saying so, but I do feel bad. I try not to be judgemental, but alas it happens!

Yes alas, it Does happen. But all of us have said things we wish we could take back before we hit 'send'!! Please try not to fret....

Why are some of us more concerned about what Mary wears on this important trip than what she does or is trying to do for these refugees....?

Good question, sweetness. Frankly I could care less what she wears as Mary Always dresses well, imo.

Why are some of us more concerned about what Mary wears on this important trip than what she does or is trying to do for these refugees....?

Well, this is the fashion thread!
If you want to avoid that conversation just check out the thread for the visit...

So it was nice to see that she dressed up for them, but without over-dressing.

I think she juggled that one really well to be honest.

Well said, Marmi, and I totally agree with you!! Thus my comment that Mary Always seems to get it right no matter where she is. She just has that certain 'flair' for fashion which I admire.

Well said, Marmi, and I totally agree with you!! Thus my comment that Mary Always seems to get it right no matter where she is. She just has that certain 'flair' for fashion which I admire.
it is true she has this cetain flair for faashion, now, but when i see the photos of her before her wedding or better before the media knew about her , she looked like any other girl in town! she really have good people around her to help her for her style and everything else! and of course sha has a good canvas! without that, nobody can do anything!

I agree with you ashelen Mary is smart and has had loade of help in these early years which is as it should be. Clearly she is a smart girl and has taken the advise and still managed to keep that sense of self; Thanks for putting it so well.

Well, this is the fashion thread!
If you want to avoid that conversation just check out the thread for the visit...

I realised that....what I am saying is on this very important trip where she is trying to bring awareness to so many important issues, we shouldn't be concerned how she is dressed as long as she's dressed appropriately - and she always does imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh hello...That's exactly what I just said in my comment #110!

Pfft. Mary's look's nothing like the amazing Dita... not even close.

Mary's outfit from today looks okay, but more than anything, I hate the curly side swept hairdo...:ermm:

The coat we've seen over and over again which is nice, but I would have liked to see something new and different.

:)

Last edited:
I like Crown Princess Mary's outfit. As usually she did a good job choosing the colour palette (maroon and golden)that became her well. The hairstyle looked awkward though. I think a simple sleek hairstyle would have been much better.

HRH Princess Mary looks BEAUTIFUL, as always.
Love Mary's hair.

The coat and the hat are one of my favourites.
The hair is a true no-go. :shock: I don't like it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom