Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 4: September 2008 - January 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
royals.web-log.nl

Mary wore white pants, a purple top and a jacket to the BUSTER event.
I dont think that the pants quite work - the idea was right, the execution was a bit off however.
The top half of the outfit is ok.
Would love to see more of the shoes, they look like killers!

Too many differnt textures in the outfit, the purple top looks to be silk, the jacket seems to be woven material, and the pants appear to be cotton or linen. The tops are formal but the pants are definitely a casual type. There are shiny bits, glittery stuff in the jacket. Each piece are cute, just not all together.

The jacket is recycled. It's by Prada. Mette-Marit owns the same one.
I love the purple top; but I don't really like it with the jacket.
No, it's not recycled. It's from Heartmade. I saw it on their homepage.

I like the top-half of this outfit also, but the pants are not working for her. Perhaps if she had worn light-grey pants, the outfit would look better.

If you go to the Heartmade intetrnet site and clik on the spring / summer collection 09 you could see a very similar jacket to the one Isabella wore in AUSTRALIA. And mucht other pieces that is very easy to image Mary dress on them! In fact I think we can see Caroline Hearing there in the front line!

I like all the parts of this outfit, but not necessarily together. There's something about them together that's not working for me.

Hmmm... It seems most people are in agreement then. I am curious to see the top without the belt and jacket. Wonder if we'll get the opportunity.

The white pants are nice, the purple top is lovely, could use it for a day or evening look. The cropped jacket is really cute. The Top, belt & white pants together looked really nice, the jacket ruines it big time because of the embroidery work on the ends. The work & belt underneth is too much. This look to me seems that she tried too hard.

The jacket is actually not from Prada, but Heartmade..

http://www.kongelige.dk/photography/royal/230908/oversigt.html

Thanks to Dazzling for posting the link in the Brain Injury Association thread.

I dont understand this outfit... Why wear the white top and the jacket.
I would have been perfectly happy for her to leave one of them at home.
Will not make a 'final judgement' (lol sounds so serious) til I've seen more pics, especially a full length one.

The skirt is recycled from the first time she awarded the scholarship for Australians to study in Denmark. (Sorry I cant post a link)

Royal Photos by Madeleine Glindorf

Thanks to Dazzling for posting the link in the Brain Injury Association thread.

I dont understand this outfit... Why wear the white top and the jacket.
I would have been perfectly happy for her to leave one of them at home.
Will not make a 'final judgement' (lol sounds so serious) til I've seen more pics, especially a full length one.

The skirt is recycled from the first time she awarded the scholarship for Australians to study in Denmark. (Sorry I cant post a link)

The top and skirt and were already seen together last April 10, 2008
Royal News

More full-length photos of Sep 23, 2008 event:
http://msndk.starlounge.com/index.cfm?objectid=35015&imagenr=1
Only difference this time is the shoes, jewelry and the top underneath the jacket.

Those shoes!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, that can't be healthy....
I think these shoes are one of her favorite pairs, and therefore I guess they are well-fitting and comfortable. Today was the 13th time she has worn that pair in puplic.

The top and skirt and were already seen together last April 10, 2008
Royal News

I thought so ayvee, but wasnt sure enough to say, so thanks :flowers:

I am still not overly keen on the combination, but it could be worse.

I like the skirt, but there is something about the fit of the top that I am not so keen on. It looks a bit too boxy on her.

It looks a bit too boxy on her.

yes it does, and all the more so because we are used to her wearing lovely fitted clothes

Even though this is not perfect - IMO the top is too shapeless - Mary knows how to dress and her clothes at most times have the style or quality people would expect from a princess. Given she is the patron of Danish Fashion I would expect her to wear Danish fashion only on official events and leave the flashy foreign designer names more behind, at least regarding clothes (not accessories) - a general remark.

I thought the outfit was pretty elegent. I liked the jacket and how its shapless, goes well with a fitted skirt IMO

she has lost her beauty, now she isn't who she used to be.
Of course phisically.

she has lost her beauty, now she isn't who she used to be.
Of course phisically.

Did you place this comment in the wrong thread? It does not make sense at all regarding her clothing.

I love that outfit. IMO it emphasises the elegance of a woman who is getting more and more beautiful by the years

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the colour scheme of creme and beige. They look good on Mary without the washout effect they sometime have. Not sure about the jacket, almost maternity wear like. It looks comfortable, but I had a swing jacket with a similarly loose cut, it gets drafty below.:flowers:

:ohmy: Do you think she would look better if had a nose job like Letizia's? :whistling:

Yes, at least me is thinking so. :cool:

IMO she is, like most women of our generation, not aging well. And this white granny jacket at the brain injury Association didn´t help to get an younger impression.

I think these shoes are one of her favorite pairs, and therefore I guess they are well-fitting and comfortable. Today was the 13th time she has worn that pair in puplic.
And if she would wear them 26 times, they still wouldn´t fit. See, how the tissue gets squeezed. The heel is way too high. No surprise she got corns. And if she would additionally suffer from hammer toes after 5 years of killer heels, me wouldn´t be surprised either. Well, how do they say...Beauty is pain...

So can we move on and concentrate on Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion? It'd be so kind of you to stop the eternal Mary/Letizia debate!

TheTruth
RHofF Moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom