The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 04:50 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Her face looks, well, different imo.
Gosh another one whose face looks different and these CPs are only in their mid thirties. What is going on if faces look puffy but the rest of the body remains slim up to skinny?

I like the colour and type of suit but the material looks cheap and old fashioned.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I've seen no difference in her face, but that's just me. Everyone's weight fluctuates...even that of a Crown Princess.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 09-03-2008, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Lovely suit! The colour looks great on Mary. Matches her dark hair.

Here are some more pics from Royals:

Close-up of the Jacket

Purple Suit

Full Length

btw.. I don't see anything strange or different in Mary's face.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Do we know who designed the suit? Because it strikes me that it has some similarities to the black one she wore originally in New York. Does anyone else agree?
It struck me look at a pic Madame Royal posted in the visits thread (the 2nd link).
Old 09-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

lovely colour on Mary - not keen on the shoes though but i can forgive her for those!!

Old 09-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
The deep jeweled toned royal purple looks lovely on Mary, but there is something different looking about her as of late... I cannot put my finger on it. Her face looks, well, different imo.
I think you are right. Any ideas as to what has changed?
Old 09-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think you are right. Any ideas as to what has changed?

Her smile looks different. The captured image "caught" her at a strange moment I suppose.

And, no, it has nothing to do with "weight fluctuations" on the Crown Princess, either.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

She always seems so especially happy to be back home in australia (and im not saying that she doesnt like being in Denmark but i would imagne it must be nice to be back in your homeland)

was purple outfit in Sydney a jacket and skirt or was it dress with a jacket - i thought in some pictures it looked like there was some black top underneath but i could be wrong

Old 09-04-2008, 05:46 AM
Gentry

About the purple outfit: like the colour, hate the cut of the jacket.

About her face: pretty sure she's on the botox - that can change the expression of a face.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
And, no, it has nothing to do with "weight fluctuations" on the Crown Princess, either.
I have access to many high definition photographs and from what I can see, nothing has changed. I'll keep looking though and if I notice anything, then I'll certainly post the pics.

Some days I notice Mary's face looks fuller than the previos time I've seen her, or sometimes not as rounded. Structurely, her mouth remains as it always has been. Well, as long as we've seen her anyway.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Gentry

I believe I was wondering what has changend in Mary's face when looking at the pics from the summer cruise. It's difficult to put the finger on it but something has changed. I personally do blame it on botox. When injected in the cheek area it has this certain rounding effect plus a typical shine.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I actually also see something different in her face maybe her face is rounder and fuller, I don't know..
Old 09-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I personally do blame it on botox.
I disagree. I don't think Mary has used botox, not that I'd care if she did. But to me there are no signs to suggest she has. Since bearing children I've noticed her face has filled out slightly, but that's it. I also think the angle of the photo can alter the appearance slightly, and lighting plays a part of course.

The same seems to happen to many women after having children. I've noticed it with Mette-Marit, also.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Lovely suit! The colour looks great on Mary. Matches her dark hair.

Here are some more pics from Royals:

Close-up of the Jacket

Purple Suit

Full Length

btw.. I don't see anything strange or different in Mary's face.
Mary looks very lovely in purple. Unfortunately the stiching around the breasts looks like something Madonna would wear. Otherwise a lovely outfit.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I do not like the purple Madonna-themed suit (as aptly noted by grevinnan) worn by Crown Princess Mary. A cold rich hue of the purple colour does not redeem the suit's hideous style at all.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the color of the suit, but the stitching on the top is awful.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lichtenstein View Post
I believe I was wondering what has changend in Mary's face when looking at the pics from the summer cruise. It's difficult to put the finger on it but something has changed. I personally do blame it on botox. When injected in the cheek area it has this certain rounding effect plus a typical shine.

The shine is achieved from makeup. I think the difference in her face is age. Your face drops. (I speak from experience) Also, she is wearing a lot different makeup. Her lipstick is more peachy than pink recently. Her blush isn't as pink or as heavy. She also does not wear as much eyemake on certain occasions. Her eyebrow shape is different from when she first became a crown princess too. I see no botox.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100 View Post
The shine is achieved from makeup. I think the difference in her face is age. Your face drops. (I speak from experience) Also, she is wearing a lot different makeup. Her lipstick is more peachy than pink recently. Her blush isn't as pink or as heavy. She also does not wear as much eyemake on certain occasions. Her eyebrow shape is different from when she first became a crown princess too. I see no botox.
yes, alone they are subtle changes, but when put together they are more substantial
Old 09-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Courtier

I think the purple suit is stunning !
Old 09-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Nobility

the purple outfit is by Prada. The skirt and jacket are in fact separates that she has put together. I have seen it in the black

Tags
crown princess mary of denmark, daytime fashion