The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
I also think the silvery one was fabulous!
Definitely the most "pretty" and elegant one IMHO. The red and purple number and the shapeless black thing would be best forgotten if I had my way (which of course I don't). Which only goes to prove the old saying "different strokes for different folks!"

Old 08-12-2008, 07:06 AM
Nobility

I think that the absence of curves is not due to the dress, but her body, it is straight and somewhat masculine like her sister.
I love the colorful dress, it´s nice but it isn´t looks perfect on her body.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Nobility

I like all of the dresses that Mary has worn, they all have suited the occasion. I especially like the coloured one and the silver worn to the ballet.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Funny (and good) how differently people perceive ...

I really liked the coloured asian style dress and thought the black one at the embassy was a shapeless potatoesack and the silvery one at the ballet was one of her best ever
you took the words right out of my mouth!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Courtier

Imagine being in the horrible heat and humidity of Beijing - trying to keep your hair looking decent and your make-up from melting down your face. I think that Mary looks fabulous!
It is said that the camera adds 10 pounds - it takes guts to wear white trousers.
At least Mary isn't dolled up in an uptight red suits that look like a suffocating straight jacket along with ugly shiny silver platform shoes a la Letizia.
Mary always looks spot-on - a small miss here and there, but otherwise, perfection.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
Imagine being in the horrible heat and humidity of Beijing - trying to keep your hair looking decent and your make-up from melting down your face. I think that Mary looks fabulous!
It is said that the camera adds 10 pounds - it takes guts to wear white trousers.
At least Mary isn't dolled up in an uptight red suits that look like a suffocating straight jacket along with ugly shiny silver platform shoes a la Letizia.
Mary always looks spot-on - a small miss here and there, but otherwise, perfection.

well, for me she is looking odd, with her HEAVY make up all the time, I would like to see her with less make up, perhaps she would not looking as well as others, yes she will not.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:10 AM
Nobility

Can anyone remember seeing a picture from one of the sports events, CP Mary attended, where she wore a white, over-the-knee lace dress? I have only seen one picture of it and now I can't find it. Her style was exquisite. It was so natural and laid back. By far her best look during the Games - in MY opinion. She just looks so much better, when she doesn't try too hard! I think all the three dresses we are discussing at the moment are real disasters!
Old 08-14-2008, 04:39 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villemann View Post
Can anyone remember seeing a picture from one of the sports events, CP Mary attended, where she wore a white, over-the-knee lace dress? I have only seen one picture of it and now I can't find it. Her style was exquisite. It was so natural and laid back. By far her best look during the Games - in MY opinion. She just looks so much better, when she doesn't try too hard! I think all the three dresses we are discussing at the moment are real disasters!
You can see it here Villemann: royals.web-log.nl: Royals bij Olympische spelen. Dag 3 en 4

It's a bit flower power style but at the same time it reminds me of a tablecloth. Quite blah IMO.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
You can see it here Villemann: royals.web-log.nl: Royals bij Olympische spelen. Dag 3 en 4

It's a bit flower power style but at the same time it reminds me of a tablecloth. Quite blah IMO.
Thanks for the link. I LOVE that dress. I think it really suits her and the relaxed style is just soooo much better. for CP Mary.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:37 AM
Courtier

I personally wouldn't call that dress with all it's ornaments/details "relaxed style".
Moreover, there are occasions when you can dress relaxed and there are occasions which need a more formal dressing. I don't see Mary attending official events like a welcome lunch, a ballet, a reception ... in a dress like that white one. Or if she would I'm sure it would cause an uproar.

I liked her way of dressing during the Olympics (as I do in general), some dresses I like more than others, some are great, some just soso. But IMO Mary always dresses appropriately for the occasion and none of her outfits was a "real disaster". Generally, she seemed to be dressed more formal than at the Olympics 2004. There were more official events this time, but IMO even when she was watching sport she was more dressed up than 4 years ago.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:35 AM
Nobility

I loved the way she managed to do a white and red-theme almost everyday. The dress in question - which I personally adore because it is fresh and unusual - she accessorized with a red scarf tied to her bag - as far as I can see from the pictures. I do, however, feel that the other three dresses discussed here were "disasters" and not at all flattering for her figure.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:09 AM
Nobility

What a beautiful dress! The white one with laces! So casual and laid back but still elegant.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

I really like the white dress. It is 60s-style, but I think it is very cute and perfect for summer.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Royal Highness

I did the the white eyelet dress except for the ginormous bib-thing on the front. That made it look a little too clownish for my taste. But overall, I think she's looked great! At least her country's colors are red and white - which would look good on most people! I noticed that while W-A has worn alot of orange, his wife Maxima hasn't. That's a color few look good in.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Given weather in China, it was wise on Crown Princess Mary's part to opt for a light white dress. Although I am not keen on eyelet pattern, I have to say that she looked comfortable and relaxed in the dress. Additionally, the white colour becomes Crown Princess Mary very well.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Nobility

Yeah, she does look good in white, doesn't she? I really found that particular dress to be just right for her.!
Old 08-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villemann View Post
Yeah, she does look good in white, doesn't she? I really found that particular dress to be just right for her.!
OK then, the next big thing in summer fashion is going to be broderie anglais, a la Mary!
Old 08-15-2008, 12:24 AM
Courtier

Has anyone else noticed they are wearing their official pictures in their tags ????
Old 08-15-2008, 03:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, I also suspect that maxima may be too, avrilo
Old 08-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Royal Highness

I also really like that white dress. It's chic, crisp, and very summery.

The dress is from the spring/summer '08 collection of the Danish label Designer Remix by Charlotte Eskildsen.

http://www.danishfashioninstitute.dk...0/_X7K0264.jpg

Tags
crown princess mary of denmark, daytime fashion