Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 3: March - September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic I know, but either Frederik has gained weight or he should have a word with his tailor. His suits no longer seem to fit him.

Really love Mary's dress at Danish Royal Ballet... She looks amazing and very very pretty...

I think all of the dresses at the games have been pretty and appropriate for the occasion. My favorite has to be the dress for the ballet. Very pretty!

The first dress in that photo series does nothing for her figure. If anything it makes her look like she has no waist hence a boy's figure. The black dress is lovely, but the shiney ensemble is blah.

I have to agree with you, the first dress is beautiful, but she looks like a board, no curves, kind of flat. I like the black dress. As far as the silver one goes, I will have to have a closer look but as of now, it doesn't do much for me.

Funny (and good) how differently people perceive ...

I really liked the coloured asian style dress and thought the black one at the embassy was a shapeless potatoesack and the silvery one at the ballet was one of her best ever :flowers:

I also think the silvery one was fabulous!
Definitely the most "pretty" and elegant one IMHO. The red and purple number and the shapeless black thing would be best forgotten if I had my way (which of course I don't). Which only goes to prove the old saying "different strokes for different folks!" :D

I think that the absence of curves is not due to the dress, but her body, it is straight and somewhat masculine like her sister.
I love the colorful dress, it´s nice but it isn´t looks perfect on her body.

I like all of the dresses that Mary has worn, they all have suited the occasion. I especially like the coloured one and the silver worn to the ballet.

Funny (and good) how differently people perceive ...

I really liked the coloured asian style dress and thought the black one at the embassy was a shapeless potatoesack and the silvery one at the ballet was one of her best ever :flowers:
you took the words right out of my mouth!!!:flowers:

Imagine being in the horrible heat and humidity of Beijing - trying to keep your hair looking decent and your make-up from melting down your face. I think that Mary looks fabulous!
It is said that the camera adds 10 pounds - it takes guts to wear white trousers.
At least Mary isn't dolled up in an uptight red suits that look like a suffocating straight jacket along with ugly shiny silver platform shoes a la Letizia.
Mary always looks spot-on - a small miss here and there, but otherwise, perfection.

Imagine being in the horrible heat and humidity of Beijing - trying to keep your hair looking decent and your make-up from melting down your face. I think that Mary looks fabulous!
It is said that the camera adds 10 pounds - it takes guts to wear white trousers.
At least Mary isn't dolled up in an uptight red suits that look like a suffocating straight jacket along with ugly shiny silver platform shoes a la Letizia.
Mary always looks spot-on - a small miss here and there, but otherwise, perfection.

well, for me she is looking odd, with her HEAVY make up all the time, I would like to see her with less make up, perhaps she would not looking as well as others, yes she will not.

Can anyone remember seeing a picture from one of the sports events, CP Mary attended, where she wore a white, over-the-knee lace dress? I have only seen one picture of it and now I can't find it. Her style was exquisite. It was so natural and laid back. By far her best look during the Games - in MY opinion. She just looks so much better, when she doesn't try too hard! I think all the three dresses we are discussing at the moment are real disasters!

Can anyone remember seeing a picture from one of the sports events, CP Mary attended, where she wore a white, over-the-knee lace dress? I have only seen one picture of it and now I can't find it. Her style was exquisite. It was so natural and laid back. By far her best look during the Games - in MY opinion. She just looks so much better, when she doesn't try too hard! I think all the three dresses we are discussing at the moment are real disasters!

You can see it here Villemann: royals.web-log.nl: Royals bij Olympische spelen. Dag 3 en 4

It's a bit flower power style but at the same time it reminds me of a tablecloth. Quite blah IMO.

I personally wouldn't call that dress with all it's ornaments/details "relaxed style".
Moreover, there are occasions when you can dress relaxed and there are occasions which need a more formal dressing. I don't see Mary attending official events like a welcome lunch, a ballet, a reception ... in a dress like that white one. Or if she would I'm sure it would cause an uproar.

I liked her way of dressing during the Olympics (as I do in general), some dresses I like more than others, some are great, some just soso. But IMO Mary always dresses appropriately for the occasion and none of her outfits was a "real disaster". Generally, she seemed to be dressed more formal than at the Olympics 2004. There were more official events this time, but IMO even when she was watching sport she was more dressed up than 4 years ago.

I loved the way she managed to do a white and red-theme almost everyday. The dress in question - which I personally adore because it is fresh and unusual - she accessorized with a red scarf tied to her bag - as far as I can see from the pictures. I do, however, feel that the other three dresses discussed here were "disasters" and not at all flattering for her figure.

What a beautiful dress! The white one with laces! So casual and laid back but still elegant. :)

I really like the white dress. It is 60s-style, but I think it is very cute and perfect for summer.

I did the the white eyelet dress except for the ginormous bib-thing on the front. That made it look a little too clownish for my taste. But overall, I think she's looked great! At least her country's colors are red and white - which would look good on most people! I noticed that while W-A has worn alot of orange, his wife Maxima hasn't. That's a color few look good in.

Given weather in China, it was wise on Crown Princess Mary's part to opt for a light white dress. Although I am not keen on eyelet pattern, I have to say that she looked comfortable and relaxed in the dress. Additionally, the white colour becomes Crown Princess Mary very well.

Yeah, she does look good in white, doesn't she? I really found that particular dress to be just right for her.!

Yeah, she does look good in white, doesn't she? I really found that particular dress to be just right for her.!
OK then, the next big thing in summer fashion is going to be broderie anglais, a la Mary! :flowers:

Has anyone else noticed they are wearing their official pictures in their tags ????

Yes, I also suspect that maxima may be too, avrilo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom