The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The purple outfit is absolutely stunning, 10 out of 10.
Agreed! Elegant, simple fresh young gorgeous........

Old 07-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
As I have watched the different pictures, I thought these coats are the same model but different colours (purple and red)... Did this noticed someone else?

Old 07-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Courtier

I loved the red but found the purple a bit old fashioned?. Anyway i do like the shape of the coat and the hat is gorgeous.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Heir Apparent

The colour red was worn before that of purple...

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 07-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by joko View Post
As I have watched the different pictures, I thought these coats are the same model but different colours (purple and red)... Did this noticed someone else?
I was a tad confused by the red coat combination. Short sleeves long sleeves, 3 colors, shorter, longer. Too much confusion.
The purple one was elegant, chic absolutely beautiful.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by joko View Post
Yes, the cut and the seams are all the same. Probably tailor-made for Princess Mary since it fits her body so well. There is a difference in that the purple has pockets and a tie-belt.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

that purple coat was perfect for Mary and one of the nicest royal outfits this year

Old 07-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
that purple coat was perfect for Mary and one of the nicest royal outfits this year
At this point in time, I dont think I can do anything but agree
Old 07-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Gentry

Although I would have liked to see the dress she wore in London the other evening, perhaps it is better that it was covered by the gentleman's coat. What I saw of it peeking from the coat looked like a casual. too casual, dress for the evening.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currier View Post
Although I would have liked to see the dress she wore in London the other evening, perhaps it is better that it was covered by the gentleman's coat. What I saw of it peeking from the coat looked like a casual. too casual, dress for the evening.
What's wrong with dressing casually in the evening when the event is casual???
Old 07-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Aristocracy

Like I said in the other post (about Princess Marie's style) Mary is becoming too safe, too boring, too perfect and verging on a "Stepford Wife", too robotic...I don't even see HER anymore, I just see the outfit...those outfits were nice, don't get me wrong, but I don't want nice, I want to see interesting, daring, colour, etc...

I realise her role calls for conservative, but a bit of colour wouldn't have gone astray, for example a purple/pink monochrome patterned dress under the purple jacket might have been more interesting than the beige...I liked the red/white/black ensemble because of its geometric-ness, almost Mondrian even with the differing sleeve lengths, which I love and like I have said before, I think the three-quarter sleeve is definitely Mary's trademark...but I would like to see more prints mixed in with the bold blocks of colour, i.e. the jackets/coats...think of the outfit she wore to Christian's christening, more along those lines...
Old 07-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
I agree. The color is perfect for her complexion, the coat is cut in such a flattering and feminine way, and overall, the whole outfit is just beautiful on her.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeara View Post
Like I said in the other post (about Princess Marie's style) Mary is becoming too safe, too boring, too perfect and verging on a "Stepford Wife", too robotic...I don't even see HER anymore, I just see the outfit...those outfits were nice, don't get me wrong, but I don't want nice, I want to see interesting, daring, colour, etc...

I realise her role calls for conservative, but a bit of colour wouldn't have gone astray, for example a purple/pink monochrome patterned dress under the purple jacket might have been more interesting than the beige...I liked the red/white/black ensemble because of its geometric-ness, almost Mondrian even with the differing sleeve lengths, which I love and like I have said before, I think the three-quarter sleeve is definitely Mary's trademark...but I would like to see more prints mixed in with the bold blocks of colour, i.e. the jackets/coats...think of the outfit she wore to Christian's christening, more along those lines...
Wow, thats a bit harsh. Mary does do daring colour and interesting, when the occasion calls for it. The outfit was a lovely understated classic choice for the day and occasion. If she had worn anything like you have suggested, i can only imagine the criticism!! Granny, too daring, and inappropriate comes to mind. But we are all entitled to our opinion after all. I think she does mix it up well and does lots of different looks to suit the occasion and the masses. Its good to hear and read what the masses think after all, or i wouldn't be on this thread!
Old 07-07-2008, 02:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjane View Post
Wow, thats a bit harsh. Mary does do daring colour and interesting, when the occasion calls for it. The outfit was a lovely understated classic choice for the day and occasion. If she had worn anything like you have suggested, i can only imagine the criticism!! Granny, too daring, and inappropriate comes to mind. But we are all entitled to our opinion after all. I think she does mix it up well and does lots of different looks to suit the occasion and the masses. Its good to hear and read what the masses think after all, or i wouldn't be on this thread!
I agree with everything you said missjane, and would like to add just one more thing for consideration. The purple outfit which was singled out was worn to quite a formal (almost a traditional-style event), it was not, for example, related to CIFF...
Different occassions, different demands, still appropriate outfits.

(This was just my opinion, please take it for what it is)
Old 07-08-2008, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

July 6 Mary in a lovely peach top with white pants. I think the end of the sleeves are very pretty maybe because they are different. The peach suits Mary very well.

Picture
Old 07-08-2008, 06:55 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
July 6 Mary in a lovely peach top with white pants. I think the end of the sleeves are very pretty maybe because they are different. The peach suits Mary very well.

Picture
The colour is nice but I don't like see-through clothes on Royals in general (apart from see through arm sleeves, they look nice). It might not be the bra but it looks like one, too much for me.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The colour is nice but I don't like see-through clothes on Royals in general (apart from see through arm sleeves, they look nice). It might not be the bra but it looks like one, too much for me.
I as well dont like see-through cloths on royals but I think I would pass since it wasnt an official event.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

to me it looks like she has a small camisole top under the see through blouse

Old 07-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Courtier

What I don't like is that you can see the pocket of the pant through the fabric...
Old 07-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Courtier

I didn't mind Mary's outfit all that much (not my favorite but young and current) but I certainly didn't care for Fred's combo! Colors just didn't do it for me. Rather haphazard. I would have rather seen him in a light chocolate shirt with those beige pants or a nice medium blue pant to go with the blue/gray shirt [at least those are the colors that are coming up on my computer--but maybe different in person]

Tags
crown princess mary of denmark, daytime fashion