Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 28: February 2017 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like, it makes he look larger. And don't like the hair either

I don't like the dress either, very dowdy, again very Kate/Erdem style.

Hair is suitable to the Little House on the Prairie style but not the most flattering style for Mary.

This is one of the few times I haven't liked her hair. It's not flattering at all. It ages her a bit imo.

Not a fan of the floral dress either.

Terrible middle parted school marm hairdo. The dress is equally unattractive, puckering all across the hip area, can't help anyone, and the color green and floral is nauseating

I like the print, not crazy about the cut. And her hair -- can we tell if it's in a braid down her back? I think I would love that.

Its quite strange but next to Queen Margrethe II (who was dressed in a lovely pink dress and jacket) the Crown Princess looks somehow...dowdy.
Actually its not even bad look per se but I think that this hairstyle was wrong for this outfit. A lovely top knot would have suited better this outfit.

Not a huge fan of this outfit. Nothing particularly wrong with it, but just not as flattering as I've come to expect. Also, like many of you, the hair is not helping the outfit at all.

Not a huge fan of this outfit. Nothing particularly wrong with it, but just not as flattering as I've come to expect. Also, like many of you, the hair is not helping the outfit at all.

Definitely not one of Mary's best looks. I don't like the style or color at all.

The colour of the dress is pretty but the waist line is strange. Her hair looks ok but middle parts are never the most flattering look on anyone.

Overall there's nothing really wrong with the look, but Mary usually does better.

Crown Princess Mary with maritime stripes during a boat trip through the channels to the Little Mermaid statute in Copenhagen with Crown Prince Naruhito today, June 20:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

I love her skirt. It's lovely.

She wears big hats very well.

Finally a hat and not a dish!! Outfit is ok but I really love the hat, Mary wears it very well.

What a lovely outfit! And the hat fit perfect!

What shoes is she wearing?
Answering myself:
LK Bennett wedges.

Last edited:
Love love love her big fantastic hat :flowers: Thank you Mary.

I love the skirt. Perfect for event :)

I like the top except the Peter Pan. A little girly feeling for me.

I love the hat! A nice, summery outfit, which obviously fits in really well with the occasion!

Leave it to Mary to show how you can look perfectly dressed for the occasion. Her white blouse and floral skirt were perfect and looked wonderful. I can only think that it is the length of the skirt that makes the very practical wedges look that good.

Saving the best for last: That is one awesome piece of millinery she has on her head and yes, it is a hat, a wonderful hat that fits perfectly with her updo yet seems almost, oh I don't know, casual enough to fit "I'll just pop a hat on to keep the sun off" and "Wow, what an elegant hat . . . it is so perfectly Mary".

I really like the outfit Mary wore for the Copenhagen Garden event. Lovely blouse, Andiata's flower print skirt with slim belt. And a hat. A real hat to complete the look. Well done!

Last edited:
She looks great. I love the floral skirt.

Hello.

I am hoping someone can help me. I am trying to find out who designed a read and white floral dress that CP Mary wore way back in June 2010 when she and CP Frederick visited Washington DC. The specific event was the official opening of the Wild Swans Exhibition at the Meridian International Center.

I have checked the archived fashion and event threads for info, but with no luck. And I can't seem to find anything elsewhere online.

The dress can be seen at these links:
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Frederik and Mary in Washington - Photo 3

Thanks, mez.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary looks great. Her skirt is very beautiful and I love the flowing effect it gives off.

From the pictures it looked like a wet rainy day and maybe a bit chilly with both mom and daughter wearing light weight jackets, I like the skirt very much but maybe not for today........it is a pretty skirt and would be fun to wear out shopping or lunch with the family or girls. One thing Mary sure looks like she is having a ball and from what I see of her, she really gives her all when attending an event for the people. A very nice family with lots of love in them.

:previous: On one of the other threads, there were photos of Josephine and Queen Margrethe as well and you could see the rain pouring down. Queen Margrethe was in her full-length bright yellow raincoat and matching hat.

Lovely outfit! Love the maxi skirt on her though I think for a wet day, it was the wrong choice as the skirt looked a bit too long and would get wet.
Loved her flats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom