Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 26: December 2015 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must agree , her looks is wire, all cover to the neckline , only her face and hair we could see, try to hide her siluete, I guess is something to do with the way women dress there!:whistling:
Althought she should to represent who she is a western Princess and she should to dress how she always dress!
They wouldn't do the other way around!:ermm:

You need to be respectful of others peoples cultures and that's what Mary is trying to do. Saudi Arabia is quite strict, less so for foreigners, but still. You have to follow the law in other countries, regardless of what the laws are in yours, and this is what Mary was doing. It may not have been the most fashionable thing, but she was being respectful of the Saudi culture while still trying to be Mary.

You need to be respectful of others peoples cultures and that's what Mary is trying to do. Saudi Arabia is quite strict, less so for foreigners, but still. You have to follow the law in other countries, regardless of what the laws are in yours, and this is what Mary was doing. It may not have been the most fashionable thing, but she was being respectful of the Saudi culture while still trying to be Mary.
I must say you nail it! I am sure she had been with a team of people to decide what to dress! Wonder what she really thought about all her experience there! and wonder if she got any jewelry as present

I like the outfit Mary wore on Day 5, it's simple but professional.

Mary's team does not seem to have the fashion sense that Diana's team did. I agree that when visiting a location you should be respectful of local custom.

Why didn't she have some amazing fusion salwaar kameez outfits made for her which consist of a tunic and trousers? She would have looked amazing.
I disagree. Why have a whole wardrobe made for the sake of visiting the Middle East when she is not going to be using them that often, especially since the Danish royals don't visit the Middle East that much. Queen Margrethe has made only 1 state visit and CP Frederik has visited the region on his own in the past few years.
I bet if CP Mary had a whole new wardrobe made for this 5 day trip, there would be those criticizing her for wasting money!!:whistling::bang:

I think she did a good job considering the Muslim restrictions and she was able to re-use and recycle existing pieces from her wardrobe. The new clothes that she has worn such as the black and white coat, 2 fantastic floral skirts and 2 blouses are all separates which can be re-used and recycled in the future.

I sometimes think that dressing like the people in that country dress can look like a fancy dress outfit. She did a great job of dressing respectful but still dressing like Mary

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Oh Mary!

"Daily Mail Australia", "Woman's Day" and "Se Og Hoer" are all saying you've spent over $200,000 on your handbags.

In just the last five years.

Oh, and they're saying you're known as the thrifty Princess - even though you've brought fifty-nine of the things in just those last five years.

At least I haven't seen photos of you with that one with the death-skull clasp lately.

(This whole handbag thing is really getting silly. People are making a living out of businesses that hire them out for special events.

That's what the working poor used to do - all the ladies would pool their money and buy one good hat to share.)

Reactions: eya
I have to agree a whole new wardrobe would have been wrong and she would have appeared to be wasting money. She had to cover up and did so while still looking like Mary.

Really? $200,000?! That's a little hard to believe. Sure, the Hermes bag is super expensive, but if I could afford it, I'd probably buy it too.

$200.000 for handbags! well how much for her shoes? her hats? and evening gowns? not to mention her jewelry and the day time clothing!
I gues if I would have that power and money I would do the same!

Really? $200,000?! That's a little hard to believe. Sure, the Hermes bag is super expensive, but if I could afford it, I'd probably buy it too.

Not really. Considering one bag was 44,500. The other 58 means the bags were each less than $2700 on average. Considering some of her designers, not hard to do. There is a $10,500 crocodile clutch as well. Those two alone put the total at $55,000. Two, a Quidam and a Ralph Lauren, that are $3600 a piece we are up to $62,500 with four purses. Lambskin channel flag bag worth $6000: 7 bags at $68,500. Not hard to think the remaining 71 bags total at least $131,500. To be honest, wouldn't be surprised if more.

I get that in her role she has to be stylish. But perhaps a few less purses. I mean almost 12 bags a year?? And is she not meant to be promoting Danish designers? Perhaps a few Danish bags.

I get that in her role she has to be stylish. But perhaps a few less purses. I mean almost 12 bags a year?? And is she not meant to be promoting Danish designers? Perhaps a few Danish bags.

My guess is that there will be a few less purse purchased now that she has many of the standard bags that she may need for work purposes. Especially since there has been a magazine article.

$200.000 for handbags! well how much for her shoes? her hats? and evening gowns? not to mention her jewelry and the day time clothing!
I gues if I would have that power and money I would do the same!

Now the haters will have to try to figure out what she spends on shoes, hats, and evening gowns. Especially if they are not reworn to other events.

Isn't this why we follow them, to admire all of those material items? Who wouldn't love to have a budget like Mary's to purchase clothes, dresses, shoes, purses, and jewels?

Her style has named her best dressed royal for a couple of years now - this "budget" has made that possible.

My guess is that there will be a few less purse purchased now that she has many of the standard bags that she may need for work purposes. Especially since there has been a magazine article.

Now the haters will have to try to figure out what she spends on shoes, hats, and evening gowns. Especially if they are not reworn to other events.

Isn't this why we follow them, to admire all of those material items? Who wouldn't love to have a budget like Mary's to purchase clothes, dresses, shoes, purses, and jewels?

Her style has named her best dressed royal for a couple of years now - this "budget" has made that possible.

Couldn't agree more! and "this budget" include the skin treatments, personal training, nutricionist, etc...... to look so fantastic after 4 kids!

Just copying Muhler's comments fromhttp://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/general-news-about-frederik-mary-and-family-part-15-january-2016-a-39996-6.html#post1870010
A Daily Mail article about Mary's handbags, based on an article in Se & Hør, which again is strewn with words like "allegedly" and "rumoured".

Posted here in the holy name of "balanced coverage". Enjoy.
Princess Mary Mary has bought Prada, Chanel and Hermes Birkin bags | Daily Mail Online

- Do remember to detract 25 % vat and discounts from the prices.

Oh, BTW the insanely priced handbag was a present from Marie-Chantal.

Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 26: December 2015 -

I haven't looked at all this hand bag topic but you can hire expensive hand bags and I wouldn't put it pass Mary to do that. She's a smart cookie.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Today, Crown Princess Mary visited the Mothers Help and afterwards Odense Crisis Centre together with the Mary Foundation for hearing about the Mary Foundation's work in practice.

Looking lovely and simple to the two "low-key" visits as these visits today.

Upper part ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** Full view ** View

Last edited:
I dont like the short sleeved grey top/jacket not sure what you would call it. In general, I am not fond of such styles.

I am not crazy about the look the overtop thing I don't like it

I think the color is wonderful on her, the style is not that clear though. I like her hair in the ponytail, looks nice.

More pics :flowers:

Yesterday, Crown Princess Mary opened the conference "UN 17 world goal for sustainable development". In Danish Industry, Copenhagen.

We have not got HQ pictures from this event yet, but what I can seen, the two-part outfit looks nice. And Mary can carry such a tight skirt.

Full view 1 ** Full view 2

Last edited by a moderator:
This is her second look recently with the black turtleneck under a short sleeved top (the grey one recently). I don't like the style either time though if I had to choose one to repeat it would be the grey.

The color is nice though.

I love the black and gray outfit. I do like the color of the burgundy and black just not the pattern. Otherwise Mary looks great in both appearances.

I like the outfit Mary wore yesterday, it's elegant and sophisticated (but she looks elegant and sophisticated in most of what she wears, to be honest). The colour also looks gorgeous on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom