The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 11:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Really? $200,000?! That's a little hard to believe. Sure, the Hermes bag is super expensive, but if I could afford it, I'd probably buy it too.

Old 03-08-2016, 12:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

$200.000 for handbags! well how much for her shoes? her hats? and evening gowns? not to mention her jewelry and the day time clothing!
I gues if I would have that power and money I would do the same!

Old 03-08-2016, 12:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Really? $200,000?! That's a little hard to believe. Sure, the Hermes bag is super expensive, but if I could afford it, I'd probably buy it too.
Not really. Considering one bag was 44,500. The other 58 means the bags were each less than $2700 on average. Considering some of her designers, not hard to do. There is a $10,500 crocodile clutch as well. Those two alone put the total at $55,000. Two, a Quidam and a Ralph Lauren, that are $3600 a piece we are up to $62,500 with four purses. Lambskin channel flag bag worth $6000: 7 bags at $68,500. Not hard to think the remaining 71 bags total at least $131,500. To be honest, wouldn't be surprised if more.

I get that in her role she has to be stylish. But perhaps a few less purses. I mean almost 12 bags a year?? And is she not meant to be promoting Danish designers? Perhaps a few Danish bags.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:20 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

I get that in her role she has to be stylish. But perhaps a few less purses. I mean almost 12 bags a year?? And is she not meant to be promoting Danish designers? Perhaps a few Danish bags.
My guess is that there will be a few less purse purchased now that she has many of the standard bags that she may need for work purposes. Especially since there has been a magazine article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
$200.000 for handbags! well how much for her shoes? her hats? and evening gowns? not to mention her jewelry and the day time clothing!
I gues if I would have that power and money I would do the same!
Now the haters will have to try to figure out what she spends on shoes, hats, and evening gowns. Especially if they are not reworn to other events.

Isn't this why we follow them, to admire all of those material items? Who wouldn't love to have a budget like Mary's to purchase clothes, dresses, shoes, purses, and jewels?

Her style has named her best dressed royal for a couple of years now - this "budget" has made that possible.
Old 03-08-2016, 04:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretijean View Post
My guess is that there will be a few less purse purchased now that she has many of the standard bags that she may need for work purposes. Especially since there has been a magazine article.

Now the haters will have to try to figure out what she spends on shoes, hats, and evening gowns. Especially if they are not reworn to other events.

Isn't this why we follow them, to admire all of those material items? Who wouldn't love to have a budget like Mary's to purchase clothes, dresses, shoes, purses, and jewels?

Her style has named her best dressed royal for a couple of years now - this "budget" has made that possible.
Couldn't agree more! and "this budget" include the skin treatments, personal training, nutricionist, etc...... to look so fantastic after 4 kids!
Old 03-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Courtier

Just copying Muhler's comments fromhttp://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1870010
Quote:
A Daily Mail article about Mary's handbags, based on an article in Se & Hør, which again is strewn with words like "allegedly" and "rumoured".

Posted here in the holy name of "balanced coverage". Enjoy.
Princess Mary Mary has bought Prada, Chanel and Hermes Birkin bags | Daily Mail Online

- Do remember to detract 25 % vat and discounts from the prices.

Oh, BTW the insanely priced handbag was a present from Marie-Chantal.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:05 AM
Royal Highness

Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 26: December 2015 -

I haven't looked at all this hand bag topic but you can hire expensive hand bags and I wouldn't put it pass Mary to do that. She's a smart cookie.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-15-2016, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Today, Crown Princess Mary visited the Mothers Help and afterwards Odense Crisis Centre together with the Mary Foundation for hearing about the Mary Foundation's work in practice.

Looking lovely and simple to the two "low-key" visits as these visits today.

Upper part ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** Full view ** View
Old 03-15-2016, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

simple and nice for these important meetings.
she looks beautiful
http://images.fyens.dk/75/2810675_912_572_0_0_0_0_2.jpg
Old 03-15-2016, 03:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

It's great outfit, Mary looks very nice.
Old 03-16-2016, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I dont like the short sleeved grey top/jacket not sure what you would call it. In general, I am not fond of such styles.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I am not crazy about the look the overtop thing I don't like it
Old 03-18-2016, 11:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

H.R.H. Crown Princess Mary opening UN conference

http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bil...?itok=zmMA9H1S
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bil...?itok=-dmfM569
Old 03-18-2016, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I think the color is wonderful on her, the style is not that clear though. I like her hair in the ponytail, looks nice.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:07 AM
Heir Apparent

More pics

Yesterday, Crown Princess Mary opened the conference "UN 17 world goal for sustainable development". In Danish Industry, Copenhagen.

We have not got HQ pictures from this event yet, but what I can seen, the two-part outfit looks nice. And Mary can carry such a tight skirt.

Full view 1 ** Full view 2
Old 03-19-2016, 03:34 PM
Majesty

Great color but not the style.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

This is her second look recently with the black turtleneck under a short sleeved top (the grey one recently). I don't like the style either time though if I had to choose one to repeat it would be the grey.

The color is nice though.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the black and gray outfit. I do like the color of the burgundy and black just not the pattern. Otherwise Mary looks great in both appearances.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:06 AM
Majesty

BB has a note about a blouse worn by Mary: https://app.box.com/s/6vxndod22byc8zh5rv7n7s0nnfazuhc8

It's a silk-blouse By Day Birger et Mikkelsen, model: Day Blousing.

But the price! (We need a fainting smiley. )
Old 03-31-2016, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I like the outfit Mary wore yesterday, it's elegant and sophisticated (but she looks elegant and sophisticated in most of what she wears, to be honest). The colour also looks gorgeous on her.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Closed Thread

Tags
princess mary, princess mary daytime fashion, princess mary fashion, princess mary hats, princess mary style, royal fashion