The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 09:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The skirt is a repeat from Charles' birthday party. I love the top part, I am not so sure about the look with the skirt.
http://i.imgur.com/KqUhOWi.jpg?1

Old 01-07-2014, 09:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

She looks good, but I think the new outfit looks more an uniform!

Old 01-07-2014, 11:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

The top and bottom don't go together, IMO. Both are nice just not paired. The pearl jewelry on the other hand, love it.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I really like the overall look. Very elegant and it looks great with the hair-do IMO. The top and skirt don't match a 100% but it still works well and is a nice change to past outfits.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Mary looks great in black.
And to me Frederik looks great as well

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/461...m6Dgb00g%3d%3d
Old 01-07-2014, 01:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
The skirt is a repeat from Charles' birthday party. I love the top part, I am not so sure about the look with the skirt.
http://i.imgur.com/KqUhOWi.jpg?1
Well spotted! I have to say that, IMO, the more recent appearance of the skirt was a far greater success than the one at Charles' 60th birthday party.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Crown Princess Mary looking great at the third New Year event in Copenhagen today, January 7:

** Full view ** Upper part **
I like this new 'New Year Court look' from Mary. But yes, the skirt and top maybe don't match 100%. The dress of yesterday still my all time favorite.

I'm a sucker for the white gloves. They completes the dark outfit and match the white pearl necklace, but most important - they're just so royally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Well spotted. I remembered having seen this skirt before, but not where or for which occasion.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

This third outfit is amazing.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Mary looks elegant and sophisticated, but IMO the thick white lines at the bottom of the dress are a bit off. Love Mary's blue gown, she looks beautiful. I'm happy that she recycles it! It seems that her wardrobe for the New Year's Courts is:

2006: Orange/Brown printed gown
2007: Purple gown
2008: Silver gown
2009: Orange/Brown printed gown
2010: Grey-ish gown
2011: Pink gown with cardigan
2012: Blue gown
2013: Grey-ish gown which looks like it's the same one from 2010

Perhaps next year we can expect the orange/brown gown again or the silver gown.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Commoner

With all the gowns she has why does she wear the same gowns to the same event?
Old 01-07-2014, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Crystal View Post
With all the gowns she has why does she wear the same gowns to the same event?
I guess she is following the example of the Queen and recycles. Also it looks like the Queen likes to wear the same type of "uniform dress" for this event.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The skirt from today's outfit looks a lot more structured than the flowly one from Charles' birthday. I love the outfit though.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Courtier

Do I like it ? Yes I do. She looks great even despite the fact that the skirt and the blouse are made of different materials. Somehow this outfit totally rocks. I think that's my favourite of all three outfits.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:41 PM
Heir Apparent

The peplum top is great, nice material, seaming, and structured. I like the neckline with the pearls and great hairdo and 3/4 sleeves. The way the waist is set above her natural waist is great styling too. The skirt doesn't really go with it, flimsier material, shiny with the gold band around the hem and train. But it looks pretty good and gives her a younger hipper vibe.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't like today's outfit as much as I love the two others she has worn at this year's courts. Wednesday and yesterday's gowns are hard to live up to, but she looks lovely in this one nevertheless. I prefer the top she wore with the skirt today as opposed to the one she wore to Prince Charles's birthday party.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I really like the overall look. Very elegant and it looks great with the hair-do IMO. The top and skirt don't match a 100% but it still works well and is a nice change to past outfits.
I like it a lot. Much better than the day before. The blue is great on her, but the style of the dress isn't my cup of tea.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:52 AM
Aristocracy

I like the skirt but the top doesn't quite do it for me. I'd like to see it with an elegant lace beige top or jacket to match the stripes. I'm over the blue one worn at the second court but the burgundy always looks elegant.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:18 AM
Heir Apparent

She looks stunning...
Old 01-09-2014, 04:37 AM
Super Moderator

Mary is looking as elegant as ever and all three outfits were stunning. Although the black ensemble has a skirt and top in different materials, I don't think it is a problem and gives an example to people the world over that a nice skirt and top are suitable for a formal occassion!
Lucky for Frederik that he has one outfit for the three events!
Thank you to all those who have shared photos and links to this year's New year Courts - it gets better every year!!
Old 01-09-2014, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I couldn't have said it better, Jacknch! I totally agree.

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess mary fashion, daytime fashion, fashion, princess mary daytime fashion, princess mary outfits