Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 20: February 2013 - August 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont think was the best look for Mary at the Dutch inauguration - there is a lack of correlation between the fascinator and her dress they just dont seem to go. The dress as others have mentioned is too casual looking for the event

Not good , from head to toes and not appropriate !! Not a good march from head piece and dress !!

It really doesn't work IMO it appears ill fitting too long in the sleeve, and it is too white I think if there was a little more colour but I agree it is too casual. Though I like the headpiece again the colour is a bit casual I think Victoria got it right and the rest should have followed her lead\.
I am a bit disappointed I thought she would look great oh well life is full of disappointments....

I don't know why certain colors are too casual?? Sheikhs Mozha is being criticized for her colors not being spring enough, but Mary is being criticized for the fabric apparently being too spring-y.

many make it seem like Mary is a disaster but she isnt. you may or may not like the dress, but she looks great, was appropriate and elegant.

many make it seem like Mary is a disaster but she isnt. you may or may not like the dress, but she looks great, was appropriate and elegant.
Well, taste isn´t an universal thing, don´t you know?:whistling:
It´s ok that you think she´s wonderful. Let others give their opinion.

I love her fascinator, but it didn´t match her dress. I find the dress itself an odd choice for such an event, besides I don´t think it´s very nice and looks too loose on her chest area, IMO.

Well, taste isn´t an universal thing, don´t you know?:whistling:
It´s ok that you think she´s wonderful. Let others give their opinion.

I love her fascinator, but it didn´t match her dress. I find the dress itself an odd choice for such an event, besides I don´t think it´s very nice and looks too loose on her chest area, IMO.

yes it is...I was just trying to point out the difference between not liking the dress and thinking Mary her self is a disaster.

but carry on :flowers::whistling::whistling:

it seems the dress was made by danish designer Charlotte Lynggaard
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KnNdvp2_VG4/UYAcplwvlaI/AAAAAAAAJNk/g2qLTInLE88/s400/z.png

I think all three outfits used by Mary at the Inauguration events were danish design. good for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite the Danish Modern which is appropriate imo. If her chest wasn't so exposed, if the dress came up much higher, I think it would have looked a lot better. That's what gave it the beachy vibe.
Agree the hat doesn't go with the dress but love the hat, hair and earrings.

I liked both her evening and day dress, especially the day dress. Loved the print. I didn't feel that her hat was too out of place, even though it went mainly with the blue sash, but even without the sash, there would be splashes of blue in the flower print to go with it. Anyway, it was lovely.

Yes, Mary looked very modern and daring in this outfit. It also has a "spring"-like feeling to me. Spring=new beginning, so very appropriate for the inauguration of a new king.
IMO the hat goes well with the sash and the print.
But I thought the cleavage was a bit too much for church.

The style of the dress is unusual for sure but not bad at all.
The neckline is a bit to low and I wish she paired it with a necklace.
The back of the dress is gorgeous.I wonder if the flowers are painted on silk or if they are embroidered

At first I didn't know what to think of it. But the more I see it, the more I like it. From the back it is really beautiful.
I agree with others that the sash ruined it.

She should have switched the 2 dresses of that day.

I hope that she'll have the red dress altered at some time to a strapless dress. The upper part and sleeves look to much 'tucked into' the dress IMO.

I think we have yet to see a royal dress, festive or day dress, which is actually improved by the presence of a sash. Sashes are there - necessary for the wearer's role and function.
Don't think that Mary's sash did any unusual damage to her dress; actually the dress very nicely picks up the colour of the sash in some of the leaves as seen here Royal Outfits of Crown Princess Mary (scroll down a bit).

I loved the dress from the back but it didn't work for me from the front. Bit too much cleavage for a church event. I also found the pattern didn't work as well at the front because of the sash.

I hope she wears the dress on a different occasion where she does not need a sash so that I can decide whether I like it more in a different setting.

I love it! Very modern look for a daytime gown.

I can't see well enough to tell if this is a print or if the florals are applique. Can someone with better eyesight tell me which it is? Thank you so much.

First of all I love the style of the dress - the design is special and really lovely - but I found it not appropriate for the day time occasion. The top area seemed ill-fitting to me or at least unflattering.

I think Mary's hat/fascinator was the best around, but again, no match with the dress. I would love to see this dress again at one of the many 'private' evening events of the DRF that they attend so often.

I'm not a fan of the black and white dress. It reminds me of a fancy dressing gown. Kind of disappointed.

I loved the dress from the back but it didn't work for me from the front. Bit too much cleavage for a church event. .

Well it is a deconsecrated church and it was an entirely secular ceremony.

Last edited:
The neckline is what ruined the look, too revealing for church but even worse,
droopy.

droopy.

The building may be called a church but it has long been deconsecrated, it is no longer a religious building and the service was a secular state event without participation of clergy.

Agree, hair, hat & dress too casual for the occasion. The sash clashes with the dress. The neckline is too low. She got it right at the dinner.

I loved the dress from the back but it didn't work for me from the front. Bit too much cleavage for a church event. I also found the pattern didn't work as well at the front because of the sash.

I hope she wears the dress on a different occasion where she does not need a sash so that I can decide whether I like it more in a different setting.

Church event? Nieuwe Kerk no longer functions as a church and no priests were present.

Agree, hair, hat & dress too casual for the occasion. The sash clashes with the dress. The neckline is too low. She got it right at the dinner.

Hair and hat too causal? You lost me completely on that one - have a look Princess Mary | Royal Hats

droopy.

It wasn't particularly revealing IMO; and anyway, it wasn't as if everyone dressed as if they were going to church (cf. the slit in Victoria's dress - http://royalhats.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/victoria-1.jpg)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom