Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 20: February 2013 - August 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this dress on Mary. The color is wonderful for a spring/summer wedding and the bolero is great for the church. Not sure about the midnight tiara though, I don't think it goes with the dress.

I agree that the tiara was the wrong choice...I think the wedding tiara with pearls would have been a better choice...even though it would be small compared to what other princesses wore. I love that Mary wore a bold colour but there seems to be a competing "green" colour underneath???
I would love to see her re-wear the gown without the cape and with the ruby jewels.

I just wish that Mary had a more important diamond tiara! She seems to be the only crown princess without one.. (Mette-Merit, is another one I believe). She cannot be expected to wear her wedding tiara or the ruby parure tiara with everything... One can only hope.

In this picture can you almost see how the dress looks without the shawl :flowers:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/07d3a04cf2d8274f5cd303ad33647515/tumblr_mo2rufoO0k1r6jme9o3_1280.jpg

If I'm seeing right. the underskirt stops just long enough to avoid embarassment. This outfit is not getting better IMO.

As an aside, public figures such as CPs etc., should test clothes on the move, sitting down, with a strong light in front, strong light behind and in a strong wind.

IT would make it safer for them, although less fun for others.

I just wish that Mary had a more important diamond tiara! She seems to be the only crown princess without one.. (Mette-Merit, is another one I believe). She cannot be expected to wear her wedding tiara or the ruby parure tiara with everything... One can only hope.

I know that a lot of people don't like this tiara, but I do. It's not trying to be a fringe or a pronger - it is trying to be organic and look good on the head - which it does. It does remind me of Titania and a Midsummer night's dream

If I'm seeing right. the underskirt stops just long enough to avoid embarassment. This outfit is not getting better IMO.
You are not seeing right. The underdress goes to the ankles.

Didn't like it at first glance, but when I saw the gown is very figure fitting and all in lace, yes.
The cape is the correct touch for the church, do like seeing the midnight tiara.

You know, this is the only explanation I can think of to justify the pandemic of hideous capelet thingies at this event. I kept looking at the dresses thinking if only they didnt have that....

I don't like this outfit at all. The color looks for my opion too aggressive on her.It is a strange touch of pink. The underlay dress is awful. Don't like the tiara.

Didn't like it at first glance, but when I saw the gown is very figure fitting and all in lace, yes.
The cape is the correct touch for the church, do like seeing the midnight tiara.

I had the same impression, after I looked at the detail of the dress, the lace and the nice fitting I desired it is a real nice dress particularly for a church wedding; and I like the tiara too! ;)

I like Mary in red but I think I would have preferred a deeper red. The cape is not particularly nice but is needed for the church. I presume she may have removed the cape for the evening festivities.

It is a typical Mary look in that she looks polished but to me there is no wow factor.

I love the shade of red on Mary. She's able to wear strong colors very, very well. However, that's the only thing I like about the look (except the tiara, which is to die for).

This is a nice dress but it's not wow. I loved the color and the fact it was a strong shade compared to everyone else. Also a color she doesn't always wear. I liked the cape for the church, it was a nice idea but I would've preferred it to be as long as the dress form the back and not slightly shorter.

the dress is lovely, and the color is beautiful the shawl is different...and I like it!!!

I love the dress and the cape, I would like to seea photo from the back to see how the cape close

It is a typical Mary look in that she looks polished but to me there is no wow factor.

my thoughts exactly. it's okay but not something that will stick in my mind.

Mary stood out cause of the red colour compared to everyone else in pastels. But the dress doesn't work for me -the cape is too long but it was appropriate for the church setting. The length im not keen on as well as it feels just a fraction too short as we get a clear view of her shoes. I am one who does like the change to the Midnight tiara. Not her best look at a wedding from Mary but the red colour was striking

Not my favorite. It lacks. Looks like something well see her in for the next 30 years.

Thank you marta19pl.
It's a lovely dress IMO; vibrant colour, lovely lace material - and appropriate covering of the shoulders for the church ceremony. I'm a bit surprised about the lukewarm reaction to this dress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you marta19pl.
It's a lovely dress IMO; vibrant colour, lovely lace material - and appropriate covering of the shoulders for the church ceremony. I'm a bit surprised about the lukewarm reaction to this dress.

I love the dress, but the cape absolutely ruined it imo. Maybe if she'd draped it differently or waited to put it on until she got inside....

CP Mary's coral dress form PM's weeding is from --> Collette Dinnigam

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-g5fAmgW0okg/UbYvQEvc1DI/AAAAAAAA3_k/ifvRDVVnP5E/s1600/111.jpg

( Thank you - MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH for posted this foto! :))

Now seeing who designed the dress it very much reminds me in terms of the colour and lacework of the dress Kate wore to a wedding back in autumn 2011 (her mother also wore the dress at another point) and also Kate's cream lace dress by Collette Dinnigam as well.

Why did Mary feel the need to add the cape it spoils the dress I feel. The lace work is lovely. Though I still go with my initial post about it being a fraction too short

Agree with User Dane. I love the dress AND the cape and love how the cape is so long. Great look and great color. adore Midnight tiara, think it goes with everything!

I like the cape, I think it make it more sophisticated, just wonder how she got the exactly same colour! I love the designer had beautiful dresses

Really love this gown. Love the color and the style. Especially the cape. If she wore the Ruby tiara, this look would have been perfect.

Really love this gown. Love the color and the style. Especially the cape. If she wore the Ruby tiara, this look would have been perfect.

I'm a great fan of the midnight tiara - because I think it's great with contemporary tiaras with beatiful workmanship that actually work; but I keep thinking that if Queen Margrethe would just have lent Mary her Baden Palmette tiara, the reaction to Mary's entire ensemble might have been quite different.

I think that if she had worn the Ruby Tiara, it would have been overkill, especially since it was during the day. I still think she looked stunning..

I didn't really like her look at the wedding, the dress itself could be nice (I adore lace) but it's ruined by the cape, and I'm still not sure what's going on under there, on some pictures it looks like you can see through the lace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom