The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Royal Highness

One pic of Mary's dress from above

http://25.media.tumblr.com/ef44d918f...awl6o1_500.png

Old 05-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Majesty

I'm not a fan of the black and white dress. It reminds me of a fancy dressing gown. Kind of disappointed.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathl29 View Post
I loved the dress from the back but it didn't work for me from the front. Bit too much cleavage for a church event. .
Well it is a deconsecrated church and it was an entirely secular ceremony.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

The neckline is what ruined the look, too revealing for church but even worse,
droopy.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
droopy.
The building may be called a church but it has long been deconsecrated, it is no longer a religious building and the service was a secular state event without participation of clergy.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:02 AM
Courtier

Agree, hair, hat & dress too casual for the occasion. The sash clashes with the dress. The neckline is too low. She got it right at the dinner.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Courtier

The sash to me matches the blue flowers in the dress.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
The sash to me matches the blue flowers in the dress.
Yes, it does, but even if it didn't, a sash can't match every single outfit...
It just has to be there.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathl29 View Post
I loved the dress from the back but it didn't work for me from the front. Bit too much cleavage for a church event. I also found the pattern didn't work as well at the front because of the sash.

I hope she wears the dress on a different occasion where she does not need a sash so that I can decide whether I like it more in a different setting.
Church event? Nieuwe Kerk no longer functions as a church and no priests were present.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Agree, hair, hat & dress too casual for the occasion. The sash clashes with the dress. The neckline is too low. She got it right at the dinner.
Hair and hat too causal? You lost me completely on that one - have a look Princess Mary | Royal Hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
droopy.
It wasn't particularly revealing IMO; and anyway, it wasn't as if everyone dressed as if they were going to church (cf. the slit in Victoria's dress - http://royalhats.files.wordpress.com...victoria-1.jpg)
Old 05-03-2013, 12:53 AM
Nobility

I'm sure I am in the minority, but I'm really loving this dress. The style is flattering and fits Mary beautifully. I don't feel it is cut too low in the front, but that's only my opinion. I like the print and am especially loving the balloon sleeves. Mary looks great in everything, and has wonderful style. This was definitely my favorite of all the gowns worn by the princesses.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by almee View Post
I'm sure I am in the minority, but I'm really loving this dress. The style is flattering and fits Mary beautifully. I don't feel it is cut too low in the front, but that's only my opinion. I like the print and am especially loving the balloon sleeves. Mary looks great in everything, and has wonderful style. This was definitely my favorite of all the gowns worn by the princesses.
maybe not :-) mary is ranked high in HELLO!s poll of being the most beautiful to the investiture ceremony. Dutch inauguration: Vote for the best dresses royal at the Dutch investiture ceremony - hellomagazine.com
Old 05-03-2013, 02:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by almee View Post
I love it too. The dress is different and the aplique is beatiful.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieDenmark View Post
maybe not :-) mary is ranked high in HELLO!s poll of being the most beautiful to the investiture ceremony. Dutch inauguration: Vote for the best dresses royal at the Dutch investiture ceremony - hellomagazine.com
Well, her dress is actually beautiful, though I'm not sure if that was a great choice for that event.
As expected, Lalla Salma always goes 1st, I wonder if she will win this time again.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:54 AM
Courtier

I don't think any of them looked Better than Queen Maxima.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Two blouses by Mary: https://www.box.com/s/yjto2grouoteua2na2vc
Here from Rabens Salonger.

And by Rützau: https://www.box.com/s/u5kcn3ug2q3u3olx4cr2 in silk.

And a dress by Bruuns Bazar: https://www.box.com/s/ywuipy86mj7y9c1w2evi
Old 05-19-2013, 04:48 AM
Royal Highness

Mary some few days ago in Copenhagen.

Always love to see Mary in her spare time, I adore her private and non official style as much as her official style.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...49570126_n.jpg
Old 05-19-2013, 03:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Princess Mary at the Inauguration of King Willem-Alexander

Full view **
I quite like the dress, but don't think it was a good choice for the occasion. Like the combination of the dress with the pink of the shoes, gloves and clutch. The neckline is a little too low. Don't like the headpiece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post

Always love to see Mary in her spare time, I adore her private and non official style as much as her official style.

I think she looks lovely, very casual and nice for the private outing.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post

I like the casual look.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the casual outfit.

Tags
crown princess mary, princess mary daytime fashion, princess mary fashion, princess mary style