Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 2: June 2007 - March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definately the belt doesn't match the dress and the dress is not for a princess attending a Fashion week. I wonder what was wrong with her.
Alexandra's outfit was perfect.
I think Mary wore the outfit because she was attending the designer's show. I personally didn't care for it, but I think she wore it well. As for Alexandra, I think her outfits are nice, but the way she wears hr hair ruins the look. It's like she forgets to finish the look. She must be doing her own hair thses day. It looks just awful everytime I see it.

I like the dress! Although Mary is a fashion victim, everything she wears just turns good on her! The belt work just fine in that kind of dress, very different and very stylish for a fashion show:flowers:, another good choice for Mary. We must aplaude her for wearing such different clothes!

But I just have to include a dishonourable mention to the strapless navy blue dress in Croatia...It seems Mary is unfortunately developing a slight case of *tuckshop lady arms* even if the rest of her is trim, taut and terrific...Well, two kids in two years and middle age will do it to anyone, princess or not :)

"tuckshop lady arms"? I don't know what this is, but it doesn't sound good. Ouch!

I also didn't like the strapless navy blue dress, it just didn't fit her figure at all!

nThe dress is to short, but color, the belt and shoes ... I like ..

I think she looks great and long, long legs are in. Young mothers need a lift and this flirty style won me.

"tuckshop lady arms"? I don't know what this is, but it doesn't sound good. Ouch!

This is OT, sorry mods!
I think "tuckshop lady arms" is pretty much an Aussie saying - not a flattering one at that :rolleyes: Let me explain for those who don't understand Aussie slang: a tuckshop is pretty much the canteen/cafeteria at a school. The women who work there are generally stereotyped as those of the larger, plum variety. They often have large, wobbly upper arms. This of course is a stereotype however. So when we say "tuckshop lady arms", don't take it as a compliment!

This is OT, sorry mods!
I think "tuckshop lady arms" is pretty much an Aussie saying - not a flattering one at that :rolleyes: Let me explain for those who don't understand Aussie slang: a tuckshop is pretty much the canteen/cafeteria at a school. The women who work there are generally stereotyped as those of the larger, plum variety. They often have large, wobbly upper arms. This of course is a stereotype however. So when we say "tuckshop lady arms", don't take it as a compliment!

In the UK, they are called 'Bingo Wings'!
And I really don't think Mary suffers from this, she looks pretty toned in my opinion.
I also have to say that I really liked the dress she wore to fashion week. The colours suited her and I thought that the style was flattering.

You know, I think the main reason the outfit just does not "go" is that the belt and shoes just don't match. They are different styles. She needed to wear different shoes to match the belt, or a different belt to match the shoes she was wearing. But the color (coral) did look good on her.

I didn't like Mary's dress. It's not about if the dress is too short or not (she's young and elegant, I don't see any problem with Mary wearing short dresses) but the color is too flashy, and I don't like to see this tissue combined with the belt. I think this dress is proper to Paris Hilton, not for Mary.

Hey Dazzling I like very much your avatar!!!... It`s very nice!!!:wub:
And... I don`t like very much her dress... the colour is nice but...:ermm:

Horrible dress. It's like a cut-off muumuu.

Agree with popular opinion here, it was not the best dress she has ever worn, its also not princess appropriate. I will give her credit for trying something new and daring.

I personally don't like that pink boho dress she wore to the fashion show, but that is just me...I wouldn't say it is not "princess-appropriate" though...If Mary wore that on her holiday in Croatia or even the Grasten photocall, it may have been alright, since they were (semi) private occasions...but attending a fashion show as patron is a public (semi) official duty so she should dress accordingly...so it is not so much the dress that was not princess appropriate but the venue/event she chose to wear it at was not pink boho dress appropriate...that is justmy opinion though...

And one more thought on that dress...it was probably to "trendy" to be wearing to a fashion show anyway...a place where you don't want to overshadow the designs on show but rather remain neutral...I liken it to wearing your Powderfinger shirt to a Powderfinger concert...a bit sad...

hy everybody..
I really can not understand WHY some of you attact Mary and her fashion style??
She is young,very beufifoul and fit after giving birth of 2 childrens so...
why she can not wear every thing she wants???

The outfit is fun and flirtatious:flowers: She looks absolutely amazing imo...its not like she always wears these kind of risqué clothes...And considering the forum in which she donned the outfit, i dont see it as inappropriate.
She's the mother of two, yes, but more power to her for also being woman, as well as a mom....!!!!

...And i'd just about kill for those legs. :wub:

I personally don't like that pink boho dress she wore to the fashion show, but that is just me...I wouldn't say it is not "princess-appropriate" though...If Mary wore that on her holiday in Croatia or even the Grasten photocall, it may have been alright, since they were (semi) private occasions...but attending a fashion show as patron is a public (semi) official duty so she should dress accordingly...so it is not so much the dress that was not princess appropriate but the venue/event she chose to wear it at was not pink boho dress appropriate...that is justmy opinion though...
I agree with what youve said but then most of us are forgetting that this event was official, she attended it because she wanted to go or was invited. yes she is patron but she is still on maternity leave therefore she still doesnt have her agenda back:flowers: therefore the dress could be suitable but the whole look went wrong imo

The pink dress is not very flattering to begin with but Mary made it worse by adding the belt. I'll give her a pass though since she was wearing a dress of the Danish designer's whose collection she was watching. I wonder if she'll go to Malene Birger's show - now this woman is a fantastic designer and her clothes work so well on Mary.

Does any one know who's the designer of the dress she wore in Gråsten? It was a really nice one!

If you mean the one for the photo shoot, it was designed by CCDK Copenhagen. The teal dress worn at the concert was Hugo Boss, as other posters have already mentioned :flowers:

hy everybody..
I really can not understand WHY some of you attact Mary and her fashion style??
She is young,very beufifoul and fit after giving birth of 2 childrens so...
why she can not wear every thing she wants???

Because she is supposed to be a princess, and 35 is not that young.

Because she is supposed to be a princess, and 35 is not that young.
Agreed, it's the kind of outfit you'd expect to see Charlotte Casiraghi wearing.

Personally I find it tragic when women try and dress like teenagers. Whatever happened to dignity?

Looking fashionably dressed and well groomed? Yep, theres a real loss of dignity there.

HI!
I do not like the dress because the colour is awful and it is shapeless. Besides that it is too short and Mary is 35!!!!!!!Such a dress is a perfect one for Lindsey Lohan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom