The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Nope, I was thinking more along the lines of dressing like a 20year old starlet like Lindsay Lohan or Mischa Barton when you are a 35year old mother of two, who also happens to be a Crown Princess.
You feel compelled to compare Mary to Lindsay or Mischa?.lol. Oh dear.

And again, 35 and can't ware a fashionably designed summer dress, even if you're a Crown Princess attending an event which was not an official function? This just keeps getting better.lol.

Indeed, a mother of two and what a fabulous figure she has. My guess is that she doesn't need the late Queen Mother Ingrid's walking frame just yet..haha!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 09-06-2007, 04:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Those Jeans are not the best choice to me!There are very fashionable Jeans but these Mary is wearing are not the best choice for that evening!!!

Old 09-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pictures of Mary at the Circus and the golf have been posted in her current events thread.

For the circus she wears the orange coat from the Swedish visit, with black pants and a tshirt. I had been wondering when we'd see that coat again.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Has anyone else noticed that Mary doesn't seem dress as formally as she used to? For example - She used to wear a lot more hats - it seems rare that she does now.

Take for example, these outfits:

State Visit from Bulgaria to Denmark; March 29-31, 2006

http://images.nordjyske.dk/juli_2004...B1}_large2.jpg

http://pics.jp.dk/nybillede/images/22530.jpg

Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2004 - June 2007 (I know this is the same hat as above but it still illustrates my point)

Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2004 - June 2007

I am not saying that this is a bad thing - I am definutely in the for mary camp, and have been a follower since her engagment, I'm just stating my observation and wondering people agree with me. Or if there has been a change in the way her engagements are organised or something.

(BTW can someone please tell me if the links work - its the first time ive done them - next i need to learn thumbnails)
Old 09-10-2007, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
You feel compelled to compare Mary to Lindsay or Mischa?.lol. Oh dear.

And again, 35 and can't ware a fashionably designed summer dress, even if you're a Crown Princess attending an event which was not an official function? This just keeps getting better.lol.

Indeed, a mother of two and what a fabulous figure she has. My guess is that she doesn't need the late Queen Mother Ingrid's walking frame just yet..haha!
Oh my! Is she really only 35 years old?
I thought she is 40-42 looking at her face.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Majesty

Let's put the age issue to rest. I believe we should be discussing Mary's daytime fashion.

Mandy
R H of Fashion Moderator
Old 09-10-2007, 02:31 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
Has anyone else noticed that Mary doesn't seem dress as formally as she used to? For example - She used to wear a lot more hats - it seems rare that she does now.

Take for example, these outfits:

State Visit from Bulgaria to Denmark; March 29-31, 2006

http://images.nordjyske.dk/juli_2004...B1}_large2.jpg

http://pics.jp.dk/nybillede/images/22530.jpg

Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2004 - June 2007 (I know this is the same hat as above but it still illustrates my point)

Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2004 - June 2007

I am not saying that this is a bad thing - I am definutely in the for mary camp, and have been a follower since her engagment, I'm just stating my observation and wondering people agree with me. Or if there has been a change in the way her engagements are organised or something.

(BTW can someone please tell me if the links work - its the first time ive done them - next i need to learn thumbnails)
Your links work fine Marmi - thanks for the pictures.
Yes, I agree with you that she seems to be dressing more informally these days. Probably not any wonder since she must have wanted to 'play it safe' when she was new to royal duties. There will still be formal outfits though, perhaps tomorrow if Mary is at the airport welcoming the president of Brazil.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
There will still be formal outfits though, perhaps tomorrow if Mary is at the airport welcoming the president of Brazil.
One would imagine so, yes

I remember the ensemble HRH wore to the airport when the Bulgarian President made a state visit last year. Splendid choice.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:15 AM
Aristocracy

Again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Darkness View Post
I've got nearly the same clothes in my wardrobe since 1995. A beige/grey short-sleeved cardigan, a simple black top with embroidery and - of course - simple black trousers. Again the same clothes... It is so funny...
But it is so sad, that I haven't got the jewels and not the brands. Mine are just from DiBari and H&M and Marc O'Polo...

It is great. Leave your clothes some years in the wardrobe and they become modern again...

Take a look here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...tml#post655054
...it is so funny.
I bought nearly the same trousers (Crownprincess Mary wears at the Golf Event) in 1999 - together with a black twin-set. But I threw the trousers away, when they became "unmodern". I mean: I gave them to the Red Cross... (Now I am a little bit "angry" - are they "modern" again?)
Old 09-10-2007, 07:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
IMO, this style does not suit Mary at all. Belt was too big, didnt sit nicely on her, the dress fabric looks cheap, though i like the print & color.Loving the shoes as well. Over all, if she would have worn pants or a skirt underneth the dress than i'd maybe say its an "okay" look. what do you think?

Aug 10, 2007 Mary at fashion week
Picture 1
pictures fromhttp://www.royals.web-log.nl/

looks a bit too hippie for me...have to say that i prefer her classic outfits...not so floral styles..but just my opinion
Old 09-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes I have notice that she is wearing a mucht more informal type of clothes, maybe because she is slowly back on dutty, or maybe because the events didn't care for a more formal way of dressing. Tomorow I think we will see Mary with a formal skirt and a beautiful matching blazer!
Old 09-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Serene Highness

i miss her in hats too! it seems like forever since she wore one (baseball caps aside) i love hats but its an interesting question- would i like to wear them if i HAD too.....ummmm i think i would but then again in a "have to" situation i might resent it if i was having a "good hair day"
just a word on her pants at the golf event- trendy smendy if pants cut your legs in half, make the calf of the leg look huge and broaden your backside no matter how tall, thin or perfect your body these pants need to go back in the closet- way back. they just don't compliment a womans body, i sometimes wonder if designers ( alot i suspect don't like women) think lets see if they'll wear this ugly get up that makes them look hidious if we tell them its a new trend. (not that mary looks bad, but this look does kinda make her body look "chunky"- which we know is NOT)
does anybody remember gauchos? they were popular in the 70's? at least they flared to resemble a skirt and complimented the waist and legs.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
i miss her in hats too! it seems like forever since she wore one (baseball caps aside) i love hats but its an interesting question- would i like to wear them if i HAD too.....ummmm i think i would but then again in a "have to" situation i might resent it if i was having a "good hair day".
Maybe she doesn't wear a hat, because of her "bob". "Half-long" or short hair and hat doesn't fit very well together...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
just a word on her pants at the golf event- trendy smendy if pants cut your legs in half, make the calf of the leg look huge and broaden your backside no matter how tall, thin or perfect your body these pants need to go back in the closet- way back. they just don't compliment a womans body, i sometimes wonder if designers ( alot i suspect don't like women) think lets see if they'll wear this ugly get up that makes them look hidious if we tell them its a new trend. (not that mary looks bad, but this look does kinda make her body look "chunky"- which we know is NOT)
does anybody remember gauchos? they were popular in the 70's? at least they flared to resemble a skirt and complimented the waist and legs.
Thanks! So you think, it was a good idea to give the trousers away...
Old 09-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Serene Highness

very good idea, i'm giving you fashionista points for it in fact
we'll see if mary recycles the pants. in my own case i've thought i looked great and been horrified to see in photos later it was not the case. one of my favorite pair of dressy pants- cream wool, comfortable etc imagine my surprise they make me look 4ft tall and 3ft wide. camera is not the same as a mirror.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Majesty

If you wish to carry on a conversation, please use the private message system. As such, I just removed some off-topic posts. This thread belongs to Mary's daytime fashion.

Thanks,

Mandy
House of Fashion Moderator
Old 09-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
This is the best I could do for now, Marmi. I found two more full length shots for you. Please take a look here and here.
Who is this woman?? She and Mary should've traded outfits.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Heir Apparent

That would be Caroline Heering, Mary's Hofdame (lady-in-waiting).

Old 09-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought she looked lovely too. But then, both she and Mary are normally well dressed.

Sassy, you can see more pictures of her (and her predessor) and a discussion of her roles here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ting-2311.html
Old 09-11-2007, 12:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
Yes, I've noticed it too. It seems that now she just wears whatever she likes without regard to the role she plays. Out with the hats and in with the minidress with the big belt and this latest fashion-victim cropped pants outfit. And let's add some celebrity-type accessories like big sunglasses and an expensive watch to complete the look. She seems to be veering off the princess course, and I get the feeling it's a decision she's made, but who knows?
Old 09-11-2007, 03:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltywatcher View Post
Yes, I've noticed it too. It seems that now she just wears whatever she likes without regard to the role she plays. Out with the hats and in with the minidress with the big belt and this latest fashion-victim cropped pants outfit. And let's add some celebrity-type accessories like big sunglasses and an expensive watch to complete the look. She seems to be veering off the princess course, and I get the feeling it's a decision she's made, but who knows?
Do you know of any princesses who do not have an expensive watch or a pair of sunglasses. After all, you can only buy what is available in the stores - can't your? If that is sunglasses of a certain size or pants of a certain lenght (and there has been lot of the latter in Danish shops this summer), isn't that what you buy then? Talking about fashion-victim and celebrity is nonsense IMO; and one minidress and a wide belt at a non-official visit is completely unimportant in this connection. Why don't you complain about the sneakers she has been seen wearing when walking in the park around Fredensborg? Very unprincessy too, methinks

You needn't worry about the 'princessy course' dressewise for Mary. She if any knows how to dress the part - as I am sure we'll be seeing today and next week.

Tags
crown princess mary, fashion