Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 2: June 2007 - March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and then we haven't even been around the HARBOE that was clearly printed on her sweetshirt on the pics after the boat race in Copenhagen :eek: - my my it is going downwards. Bet she is the only royal in the whole wide world with a logo on her clothes or her accessories :ohmy: This will not do...

i certainly can't recall many others using those kind of chanel sunglasses with big C'S on each side...

some of them do use purses with the logos, right enough, but i don't think it can be interpreted in the same way, since their faces are way more photographed than purses, aren't they?

i'm sorry, i simply find it awful when people wear brands showing so "evidently". i think many other experts or ladies with elegance and class would agree with me. did we ever see truly classy ladies use anything with a big logo of brands such as chanel, armani, versace, prada, etc?

since their faces are way more photographed than purses, aren't they?

That's kind of grasping at straws, Carlota.

i think many other experts or ladies with elegance and class would agree with me.

We are talking glasses, not an entire outfit. It is merely an accessory and just so happens to have the chanel label on the side. I've got a pair (had atm, as I can't seem to find them.lol.), bought them in Paris around two years ago and are of a smaller frame though the logo is still evident.

If Mary walked around sporting, bags, shoes and an entire outfit with designer labels in clear view then quite possibly there would be something to discuss, but she doesn't and they are just sunglasses.

Last edited:
i certainly can't recall many others using those kind of chanel sunglasses with big C'S on each side...

some of them do use purses with the logos, right enough, but i don't think it can be interpreted in the same way, since their faces are way more photographed than purses, aren't they?

...Uhhh???? does this argumentation convince yourself? I fail completely to see the logic in distinguishing between sunglasses and purses in this connection. No doubt my fault ...

My God! What a lot of fuss! I personally have seen photos of Maxima with clearly labelled glasses such as Mary's but to be honest, I dont see it as being a big deal. We all know they spend that much money on the things so why hide it?

Also consider that sure she was at an engagement when she wore them, but it was hardly the arrival of the Brazilian president, for example.

Finally, she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't - if she was wearing $10 sunnies she'd not be "up to standard" would she?

I hope I haven't offended anyone, as ever, this is just my personal opinion

I'm so confused right now! What sunglasses are people talking about? I have not been keeping up for a few days. I tried going back a few pages but I can't figure out where the pic of these sunglasses is. Can someone clue me in? I feel a little silly asking this too but I'm just curious what is going on.

A pair of chanel sunglasses with the chanel label on either side of the frame.

I'm so confused right now! What sunglasses are people talking about? I have not been keeping up for a few days. I tried going back a few pages but I can't figure out where the pic of these sunglasses is. Can someone clue me in? I feel a little silly asking this too but I'm just curious what is going on.

Aurora, if you check this post out I believe you will find the sun glasses in question: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/665182-post37.html

If I am wrong, I do apologise, not only for the goose chase (Aurora), but also my previous comment.

Madame Royale your post wasn't there when I started my post - sorry.

Thanks Marmi and Madame Royale. I went back and read every post more carefully and I figured things out but I didn't recall Mary wearing sunglasses. But I figured it was about the golf event then I came back here to page 10 and I saw marmi's post with the link. So now it all makes sense to me. I felt so silly not knowing but I was clueless for a second there as to what was going on. It's amazing to me all the time how long debates can develop weeks after an event and usually over such a relatively small detail. Oh well, that's why I love these forums.

You're welcome aurora, its never a good feeling not to know whats going on, and its nice to feel like youve helped someone.

To get back to the topic, does anyone have any ideas/expectations as to what they expect or hope for in NY?

Madame Royale your post wasn't there when I started my post - sorry.

Oh that's perfectly fine, marmi. No apology needed :flowers:

To get back to the topic, does anyone have any ideas/expectations as to what they expect or hope for in NY?

I'm looking forward to seeing what Mary wears. Especially during the evening events.

I'd very much like to see this gorgeous two piece make another outing. It has afterall been well over two years (having first been worn to the 90th Anniversary Red Cross ball in Sydney '05') and being in New York, I think it would be a sweet gesture to wear Oscar De La Renta.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/comtessede/522635694yh.jpg

Last edited:
Then you may be somewhat tackenaback to learn that Mary most probably wears pyjamas aswell.
You're such a wonderful writer, Madame Royale. Everytime I read one of your post, I learn something. Your last statement is especially witty!!

I can't wait for tomorrow to see what she will be wearing, no doubt some wonderful outfits!

I certainly wouldn't be disappointed by that madame Royale. Would love to see the red off the shoulder dress from the same trip again soon too. I'm hoping for more hats during the day. and lovely coats.
what temperature is it in NY at the moment, can anyone tell me (in celcius if possible Please)? or link me to a website if thats easier?

Last edited:
I certainly wouldn't be disappointed by that madame Royale. Would love to see the red off the shoulder dress from the same trip again soon too.

The evening gown you speak of is by Danish designer, Niels Kristiansen, and would have to be one of my top three choices :flowers: It's simply beautiful and displays a most scrumptious décolleté.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never heard of Niels Kristiansen Madame Royale, I will have to do some googling.
Yes, I love it too :)

Ok - No immediate English. It will have to wait until later. I have a class to attend.

I think Mary should be wearing some Danish Designers, she is there to promote the Danish Culture so Danish Designers will be the best choice
to wear!:flowers:

I think Mary should be wearing some Danish Designers, she is there to promote the Danish Culture so Danish Designers will be the best choice
to wear!:flowers:

I agree that Mary should try to stick to some Danish designers for this visit. This visit is very Danish designer/culture oriented so it would be the smart thing to do. She had a bit more freedom during the Australia visit IMO with her clothing. So far we've seen Mary in this coat http://img189.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=55042_MaryFredNewYork2_122_13lo.jpg which is DAY Birger & Mikkelsen.

I didn't see a place to shop online for Malene Birger. Where is it? Or is it for Day Birger et Mikkelson? Does anyone have that link?

Mary seams to love Malene Birger. Last outfit she was wearing in New York wa sa Day Birger creation for the next srping-summer colletion 2008!

Mary seams to love Malene Birger. Last outfit she was wearing in New York wa sa Day Birger creation for the next srping-summer colletion 2008!

Her last outfit was 'By Malene Birger'. Her white coat worn during the first day is by 'Day Birger Et Mikkelsen'. These are two different brands. Malene Birger started out at Day Birger Et Mikkelsen (hence her last name in the brand) and then she left to start out 'By Malene Birger'.

Just add www to the link for each of the sites:
bymalenebirger.com
day.dk

I think she has worn several clothes from these two brand names and also other Danish designers too.

Best,

Ayvee

I think that Mary day to day fashion is very casual, she likes dressing in jeans and a noraml coat to walk with her dog or go to Park with Christian. That is what I like most in Mary way of dressing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom