The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

I didn't like Mary's dress. It's not about if the dress is too short or not (she's young and elegant, I don't see any problem with Mary wearing short dresses) but the color is too flashy, and I don't like to see this tissue combined with the belt. I think this dress is proper to Paris Hilton, not for Mary.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Nobility

Hey Dazzling I like very much your avatar!!!... It`s very nice!!!
And... I don`t like very much her dress... the colour is nice but...

Old 08-16-2007, 05:12 AM
Gentry

I don't like her dress....

http://realeza.4.forumer.com
Old 08-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Nobility

Horrible dress. It's like a cut-off muumuu.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Courtier

I like Mary`s dress
Old 08-16-2007, 02:47 PM
Aristocracy

Agree with popular opinion here, it was not the best dress she has ever worn, its also not princess appropriate. I will give her credit for trying something new and daring.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Courtier

I agree with you, Atene.The dress is beautiful.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Aristocracy

I personally don't like that pink boho dress she wore to the fashion show, but that is just me...I wouldn't say it is not "princess-appropriate" though...If Mary wore that on her holiday in Croatia or even the Grasten photocall, it may have been alright, since they were (semi) private occasions...but attending a fashion show as patron is a public (semi) official duty so she should dress accordingly...so it is not so much the dress that was not princess appropriate but the venue/event she chose to wear it at was not pink boho dress appropriate...that is justmy opinion though...

And one more thought on that dress...it was probably to "trendy" to be wearing to a fashion show anyway...a place where you don't want to overshadow the designs on show but rather remain neutral...I liken it to wearing your Powderfinger shirt to a Powderfinger concert...a bit sad...
Old 08-17-2007, 04:55 AM

hy everybody..
I really can not understand WHY some of you attact Mary and her fashion style??
She is young,very beufifoul and fit after giving birth of 2 childrens so...
why she can not wear every thing she wants???

Old 08-17-2007, 06:05 AM
Gentry

The outfit is fun and flirtatious She looks absolutely amazing imo...its not like she always wears these kind of risqué clothes...And considering the forum in which she donned the outfit, i dont see it as inappropriate.
She's the mother of two, yes, but more power to her for also being woman, as well as a mom....!!!!

...And i'd just about kill for those legs.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeara View Post
I personally don't like that pink boho dress she wore to the fashion show, but that is just me...I wouldn't say it is not "princess-appropriate" though...If Mary wore that on her holiday in Croatia or even the Grasten photocall, it may have been alright, since they were (semi) private occasions...but attending a fashion show as patron is a public (semi) official duty so she should dress accordingly...so it is not so much the dress that was not princess appropriate but the venue/event she chose to wear it at was not pink boho dress appropriate...that is justmy opinion though...
I agree with what youve said but then most of us are forgetting that this event was official, she attended it because she wanted to go or was invited. yes she is patron but she is still on maternity leave therefore she still doesnt have her agenda back therefore the dress could be suitable but the whole look went wrong imo
Old 08-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atene View Post
I like Mary`s dress
I like it to (though I have one that looks almost the same in a deep purple and violet so somewhat biased )

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 08-23-2007, 04:51 AM
Royal Highness

The pink dress is not very flattering to begin with but Mary made it worse by adding the belt. I'll give her a pass though since she was wearing a dress of the Danish designer's whose collection she was watching. I wonder if she'll go to Malene Birger's show - now this woman is a fantastic designer and her clothes work so well on Mary.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
Does any one know who's the designer of the dress she wore in Gråsten? It was a really nice one!
If you mean the one for the photo shoot, it was designed by CCDK Copenhagen. The teal dress worn at the concert was Hugo Boss, as other posters have already mentioned
Old 08-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

http://www.ccdk.com/ maybe we will see Mary with many of this Autum collection clothes, so keep this link!
Old 08-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVATICA View Post
hy everybody..
I really can not understand WHY some of you attact Mary and her fashion style??
She is young,very beufifoul and fit after giving birth of 2 childrens so...
why she can not wear every thing she wants???

Because she is supposed to be a princess, and 35 is not that young.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
35 is not that young
Speak for yourself!! I'm 33, soon to be 34 and I am not old. It is a perfectly appropriate dress for her age.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltywatcher View Post
Because she is supposed to be a princess, and 35 is not that young.
Agreed, it's the kind of outfit you'd expect to see Charlotte Casiraghi wearing.

Personally I find it tragic when women try and dress like teenagers. Whatever happened to dignity?
Old 08-27-2007, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Looking fashionably dressed and well groomed? Yep, theres a real loss of dignity there.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 08-29-2007, 01:23 AM
Commoner

HI!
I do not like the dress because the colour is awful and it is shapeless. Besides that it is too short and Mary is 35!!!!!!!Such a dress is a perfect one for Lindsey Lohan

Tags
crown princess mary, fashion