Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 2: June 2007 - March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loooove the jacket's pom-poms as buttons (reminds me of the stripped multicoloured shoes she wore in Croatia a week ago or so). The pants are a big no-no though. If she wanted a casual and comfortable look...why not a pair of good jeans? :ermm:

Im guessing jeans would be abit too hot or she wanted to wear something abit looser. Im glad she didnt go for jeans because most outings of Mary weve seen have been in jeans, so this is a great change imo

Does any one know who's the designer of the dress she wore in Gråsten? It was a really nice one!

Originally Posted by dazzling
Princess Mary at legoland with the family August 2, 2007 (polfoto). A very casual look, i like the top & jacket, a great days to pull the cropped pants out of the closet:online2lo

it's quite funny, because the day after for the photosession carina axelsson, girlfriend of prince gustav, wore the same jacket. whose do you think it is?

i loved the jacket, although don't really think it matched nicely with those cropped trousers either, although it wasn't terrible either.

I really don't like to see Mary wearing that dress, first because it is a dark colour and ligther colours suit Mary mucht better than because it is a strapless dress and her shoulders a a bit big for this kind of dress. I really prefer to see her in shorts or with a beautiful ligther skirt! Lovely pictures from this family vacation!:flowers: Love the sunglasses (I want one for me too!!)

i totally agree, the same i thought when i saw the pictures. although the dress is cute, strapless dresses don't suit many people, first because of the shoulders and the clevage and colour also needs to be considered.

however, i loved her dark blue shinny dress. who may have designed it? does anyone have a bigger picture?

loved her dark blue shinny dress. who may have designed it? does anyone have a bigger picture?

Hugo Boss

To see a bigger shot of the dress please click here; then scroll down until you see it.

Hugo Boss

To see a bigger shot of the dress please click here; then scroll down until you see it.

thanks! you are right, it quite looks like a boss one. did she wear it before? perhaps it is because it bears some resemblance in the cut to the orange one she wore in prague.

I've never seen her wear this dress before, so I'm going to assume that it is new.

The straight cut of the dress is similar to that orange Hugo Boss number she wore whilst in Prague. Of course, the sleeveless and detailed front of the dress is vastly different from the one she wore to the royal concert a couple of days ago.

I really liked her legoland outfit. The pants didn't bother me. The button/pompom placement you have to watch though. But she looked great. It all went really well.

Her sweater is an orangish red, which is a color we haven't seen her in before. It really looked nice. I would have prefered black shoes, but this is her own personal stamp and I can't complain. I like it.

The teal outfit for the concert was pretty. It didn't have a lot of structure which I think is what people are noticing. But the color on her is stunning!!

it's quite funny, because the day after for the photosession carina axelsson, girlfriend of prince gustav, wore the same jacket. whose do you think it is?

I would think they both each had one, i dont see them sharing it:flowers:

Neither do I! I don't think Carina would wear something Mary wore the day before.

Mary looks cute, I must say, in her sundress and cardi.

I liked dress Mary wore at Grasten. It was simple and elegant. I think color of it was teal. Maybe not all women would look perfect in it, but it fit P Mary very well.:)
The white-black dress with red cardigan Mary wore, was very nice. And the red bracelet was matching her outfit.

Finnaly Mary's hair is longer. I hope she will keep it that way b/c it fits her better.

The white-black dress with red cardigan Mary wore, was very nice

Actually the dress she wore during the Gråsten family photoshoot, and the changing of the guard, was a white and brown with a dash of blue (here and there) silk dress. I'm curious to know who designed it; however, as soon as I do I'll post the name (unless of course another member already knows the name.

:)

Actually the dress she wore during the Gråsten family photoshoot, and the changing of the guard, was a white and brown with a dash of blue (here and there) silk dress. I'm curious to know who designed it; however, as soon as I do I'll post the name (unless of course another member already knows the name.

:)

from a distance it does look Black & white but the close up shots do look brown with abit of blue. It also had two different fabrics but different patterns, one was the floral all over and the belt & underneth part of the dress was a polka dot fabric:)

Mary has such a nice wardrobe. Wish I had the money for some of those clothes she has though! :bang::bang::bang:

I know Drottning. I feel the same way. I would love to rummage through her closet and jewelry box and see everything she has!

That sundress & cardigan outfit should be simple enough to replicate, if I enjoyed wearing prints. I loved Mary's emerald cut diamond earings (my favorite cut of diamond1).

Hi, everyone. I know Mary wears a lot of Hugo Boss. Does anyone know where I can purchase Hugo Boss clothing online? I know they have stores in the U.S. but I'm not close to any of them. Thanks.

IMO, this style does not suit Mary at all. Belt was too big, didnt sit nicely on her, the dress fabric looks cheap, though i like the print & color.Loving the shoes as well. Over all, if she would have worn pants or a skirt underneth the dress than i'd maybe say its an "okay" look. what do you think?

Aug 10, 2007 Mary at fashion week
Picture 1
pictures fromhttp://www.royals.web-log.nl/

Last edited:
I think that this dress isn't appropriate to a crown princess and a women in her age. Too short, really unflattering to her figure. I guess she wore It beacuse these type of dresses are trendy at the moment and she follows whatever trendy in fashion.

I agree with dazzling; this is just not her. I understand attending the "fashion week" calls for something a little bit more daring than a suit or something she'd wear for a formal event, but still ... no.

I have to agree with you guys...not her best outfit.
I think the dress is silk...but not sure. Now, for starters, the belt does not go with the dress (it is a dress, right?). The shoes don't go with the belt. Two compeletly different styles. I guess you could do the dress and the shoes, but she needed another type of belt to pull the whole outfit together. Also, for my personal taste, I'd have liked the dress to be at least at the knee. But that's just my opinion.:flowers:

Definately the belt doesn't match the dress and the dress is not for a princess attending a Fashion week. I wonder what was wrong with her.
Alexandra's outfit was perfect.

I guess she wore It beacuse these type of dresses are trendy at the moment and she follows whatever trendy in fashion.
Not everything in fashion is to go for. such dresses, leggings, patent shoes, belts are in season, shoes one thing that is in season and go for it rather than having one look trying to fit everything into that look. I think she tried to hard..

I agree with everyone else that unfortunately Mary has the "fashion victim" look about her...I was silently wondering when she was going to go all *boho* on us...Seems the time has come ;)

And she was going so well there for a moment...with her blue concert dress, the Legoland smart casual and the Grasten photocall outfit...I was also going to say Mary signature look/style seems to be the three-quarter length sleeve starting of course with her engagement outfit up until now with her red cardigan over the black and white sundress...

But I just have to include a dishonourable mention to the strapless navy blue dress in Croatia...It seems Mary is unfortunately developing a slight case of *tuckshop lady arms* even if the rest of her is trim, taut and terrific...Well, two kids in two years and middle age will do it to anyone, princess or not :)

Not everything in fashion is to go for. such dresses, leggings, patent shoes, belts are in season, shoes one thing that is in season and go for it rather than having one look trying to fit everything into that look. I think she tried to hard..
I agree 100% but that's the thing with Mary IMO she was allways a fashion victim sometimes her clothes works and sometimes they don't I don't think there's a "Mary look" (better said "an Anja" her stylist) allthough this time It does seems like It's one of her worse outfit. I also think she tries too hard.

I agree Xeara, she started out the year well, and in my opinion this outfit is nice too except for the belt. I don't see what's wrong in following fashion, especially when she is visiting a fashion show. Just because no other royal does it, except for few, does it, it's not okay? It's a fashion show btw, not a royal duty , do can you blame her for not wearing a hat and a suit. This was not a royal duty, so she can wear what she likes, and she doesn't have to think about if it's too darring.

I agree Xeara, she started out the year well, and in my opinion this outfit is nice too except for the belt. I don't see what's wrong in following fashion, especially when she is visiting a fashion show. Just because no other royal does it, except for few, does it, it's not okay? It's a fashion show btw, not a royal duty , do can you blame her for not wearing a hat and a suit. This was not a royal duty, so she can wear what she likes, and she doesn't have to think about if it's too darring.
It might not be a royal duty but she is a royal in particular the crown princess of Denmark therefore she is allways a representative of Denmark and should look the part. I don't think she should wear a suit but between a suit and a dress that is too short and doesn't fit her age or her position there's a long way.

Last edited:
To see all of this weeks (2007) CIFF fashion shows please click here. Scroll down until you see a show that interests you.

You can also click here to see more Copenhagen fashion links that I have collected.

Enjoy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom