Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 2: June 2007 - March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must admit that the hat is one of Mary's that I like best - I adore the colour and there is just something about it which makes it very appealing to me.
Think we saw it the first time at the opening of the motorway in Jutland - together with that gorgeous coat from Marni (?).

Madame Royale - I am a sucker for pearls too :flowers:

I don't know but the eyes on nr 164 makes her look like an alian from out of space:ermm:

On the rest of the photos - she look like her own beautifull self:flowers:

This is what I mean. The eyes are so "light", everthing is so clear: You can see every rinkle, every grey hair, every spot,... is THIS the real picture? Or are the others the real pictures? Which one is edited? :ermm:

Ooooh ... don't like this outfit at all :ermm:
I agree... It looks like the dress of an old aunt... ;)
And I hate the hat... it reminds me of Olivia from Popeye. It is one of the hats she can throw into the rubbish... it is just ridiculous. (This is my own opinion...)

It looks like the dress of an old aunt...

You're old aunt dressed well..haha.

The hat is a Philip Treacy creation and one of the first HRH wore. A beautiful colour and is quite simple and elegant.

Yes, I've always liked the hat, it just suits some outfits better than others.

The hat is a Philip Treacy creation and one of the first HRH wore. A beautiful colour and is quite simple and elegant.

Please!!! Not again this discussion: The hat IS nice because it IS a designer-hat.
Even designer-hats can be ugly!;)

This is what I mean. The eyes are so "light", everthing is so clear: You can see every rinkle, every grey hair, every spot,... is THIS the real picture? Or are the others the real pictures? Which one is edited? :ermm:

Full frontal flashlight does cause this effect. As Soeren Steffen wasn't the only photog for this occassion there is always additional flashlight from other cameras. The pics don't look like they've been especially made over. Usually this is done by the media who buys them. The photographer only does select the best one and broadcast them as soon as possible as only the fast do sell.

Please!!! Not again this discussion: The hat IS nice because it IS a designer-hat.
Even designer-hats can be ugly!;)

Ok, so you think it's ugly and good on you for thinking that.

I think it's lovely because I like the style and colour, first and foremost. Because it is a 'PT' piece hasn't influenced my opinion. I simply noted the maker :)

Last edited:

Not MY old aunts... I am sorry. :flowers:
But the hat and the coat (not the dress) reminds me of a famous german comedian: Frau Jaschke.
Take a look here:
http://data.ndr.de/hitlisten/images/IID33.jpg
[Picture: NDR]

The hat is a so-called: Kompotthut. [compote-hat]

Danish Royal watchers have a few short articles from different sources as well as a few pitures.

B-B picture gallery - lovely, large unseen pictures. Btw, Caroline Heering accompanied Mary on this visit. You'd see her in the first picture.
Here is short Video too from DR1.

EDITED POST
Stumbled over this lovely picture of Frederik & Mary at the hospital - picture(seeger)
Pictures also by Madeleine G

I love the suit, I loved it already in 2006 (Feb.) in Germany!

i wasn't that fond of it in germany, but it looked great the other day!

Mary in a lovely soft colored leather jacket, with simple black slim pants & a black top. I also like the necklace since it adds color to the whole outfit as the jacket does to. The pants seem to be abit long, abit shorter would look better.

Mary was present at the Wonderful Copenhagen Challenge, a swimming meeting with topswimmers from all over the world.
Close up 1
Close up 2
Full view
(originally posted by paty & JssRulz)

lovely choice, lovely dress!

i agree. absolutely adorable dress. i would have shorten it a bit more, but it is nevertheless gorgeous. alberta ferreti designs amazing things, and this one couldn't have been less.

the pink jacket mary wore at the swimming event is the same one she used in her australian trip, by the way. i liked it much more with the outfit in australia, though!

Lovely jacket, seems she matched it up with a nice pencil purple skirt. Mary arrived wearing a long black coat which looked nice. The only negative thing about the whole look is the jacket being shorter than her top. Maybe if she had tucked her top in, I think too much was going on. Jacket recycled for the 2nd time

Mary in Århus visiting a local school in conjuction Anti-bully campaign Nov 29, 2007
full view with coat -- skirt & jacket -- jacket close up -- side view

Mary first wore this jacket to the Tennis tournament in Copenhagen November 13, 2007 - this post

Last edited:
Mary's pearls at Alsion centre

Mary's outfit of white dress and beige/twead coat would have looked quite washed out until she wore the hat which added a splash of colour.
But I would really like to know where Mary's pearls came from. Four long strand pearls of that sort were last worn by Elisabeth the queen mother of Britain from the 30's to 60's. Maybe they belonged Queen Alexandrine of Denmark who inherited a substantial collection of jewels from her Russian mother Grand Duchess Anastasia Mikhailovich.
I've only seen Queen Ingrid wear a five row strand of pearls not as long as these. So it will be interesting if jewels not seen for nearly a century are brought out into the open again.

The Royal Hunt at Fredensborg:
Was it real fur at the hood of Crownprincess Mary's parka?
I am really not a fan of "real fur".

it seemed fur, but i'm not sure. apparently the danish ladies are quite fond of it and it's quite normal (which doesn't mean i personally approve, though).

I don't like this short jacket. The whole jacket is too short and specially the sleeves are too short (or her arms are too long). I don't like it, if you can see the shirt, because it is longer than the jacket.
http://www.polfoto.dk/polfoto/Image...&objId=8038718&archType=J&classId=0&handle=-1
© POLFOTO / STELLA PICTURES

Thats the style of the jacket, box look and 3/4 sleeves its not her having long arms for the jacket or so on.
The jacket is very pretty, like the dark buttons on it as well as the cut. Im not too sure about the skily top underneth but it does stand out nicely imo.

a few more pictures
pic 1 -- pic 2

Thats the style of the jacket, box look and 3/4 sleeves its not her having long arms for the jacket or so on.
The jacket is very pretty, like the dark buttons on it as well as the cut. Im not too sure about the skily top underneth but it does stand out nicely imo.

a few more pictures
pic 1 -- pic 2

So I don't like the style... She has many jackets with the same style and I don't like it. I know, that these jackets are "up-to-date"...

Yes I don't like the jacket at all also! It is a very informal way of dressing but I prefer her with long and beautiful jackets! I don't like her hair also!

I have to admit. I love the jackets and the hair. You can't wear the same things all the time. Too boring. Plus she has a great figure for it. I think the hair cut really brings out her eyes.

I don't like the way she is wearing her hair these days!!I rpefer to see her with her long hair not pull back has she is wearing now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom