Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 19: October 2012 - February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have liked all her dresses just not how she has styled them on this trip I totally do not get the grey cardi and that wnormous bag lordy ..... what's in it ..... but I loved the white.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Ok, I like this outfit...simple but effective considering where she has travelled to...a hot, impoverished African country...BUT I have to say I am a bit puzzled and surprised by her ostentatious choice of accesory...namely the HUGE GOLD bag!!! I mean, don't get me wrong, I think Mary is great, but I just think a HUGE GOLD bag is over the top, rubbing people's noses in it...Perhaps I am just reading too much into it but I really think Mary should take it down a notch, tone down the outrageous accessories and think about where she is and what message that could (possibly) be sending to her audience...I know she has to be the perfect balance of aloof yet approachable, as her royal status decrees BUT...leave the HUGE GOLD bags at home...
It is not like the bag is made of gold flakes. And I bet it was a big hit with the crowd. Bling looks better in sunshine.

Perhaps she needed a big bag for her bottles of water, extra pullover, comfortable shoes, sunglasses, etc.

The gold print dress is not at all complimentary whilst the grey cardigan is just totally wrong here. A smart jacket might have worked better with this look.

November 12, 2012 - Mary in a printed top matched with beige pants.

Quite a lovely top matched with the right shade of beige.

Pic 1 ** Top part ** Full view

Last edited:
November 12, 2012 - Mary in a printed top matched with beige pants.

Quite a lovely top matched with the right shade of beige.

Pic 1 ** Top part ** Full view

Very casual. More of a shopping trip outfit than the outfit for an official visit by the Princess. She looks quite OK in the first picture (although I think the dresses worn by the women are their formal dresses), but out of place in the second and in the last one, surrounded by people in suits and formal dresses. I think she was underdressed.

I agree I nthink another plain dress and flats would have been better here I think hte pants and top too casual nice but too casual for the engagement...

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Ok, I like this outfit...simple but effective considering where she has travelled to...a hot, impoverished African country...BUT I have to say I am a bit puzzled and surprised by her ostentatious choice of accesory...namely the HUGE GOLD bag!!! I mean, don't get me wrong, I think Mary is great, but I just think a HUGE GOLD bag is over the top, rubbing people's noses in it...Perhaps I am just reading too much into it but I really think Mary should take it down a notch, tone down the outrageous accessories and think about where she is and what message that could (possibly) be sending to her audience...I know she has to be the perfect balance of aloof yet approachable, as her royal status decrees BUT...leave the HUGE GOLD bags at home...

It was an old beige bag that she carried. Please see the site below that shows it. Scroll down to see it. Maybe the lighting made it appear gold.

Styleofmary

I agree with susan alicia.

I like the casual outfit that that Princess Mary and imo looks suitable with the local women.

I have liked most of what Mary has worn on this trip - a special mention must be made about the garments that have been presented to Mary from the local ladies, love that she has worn them and if there was head scarf that was put on as well, without a worry about hair. Love it.

She looked absolutely right for the occasion.

I totally agree. Mary looks amazing in gala, but for some reason I have always loved her in totally casual outfits. I think she looks really lovely wearing these casual outfits.

Last edited:
:previous:

I think its a great dress for this visit fits in with the colouful clothes of the local ladies.

Lots of recycling which is always good to see.

And it's a one ugly dress again.

No, no, no, Cinderella5x, you misunderstand.

This dress has been especially designed to protect the wearer when she ventures out in the wild.
The combination of black and yellow is, as we all know, a warning signal in the insect world. :bee:
Mary's dress therefore doubles as an insect-propellant.

It's really brilliant, come to think of it. :idea:

I actually like the dress to be honest. I would even wear it myself. :)

This dress has been especially designed to protect the wearer when she ventures out in the wild.
The combination of black and yellow is, as we all know, a warning signal in the insect world. :bee:

While I would take the yellow with black dots, I will not go through the weird bottom part. What is that protecting me from? ;)

Hahaha Muhler, once again, you are totally right!!:lol:

Dear Muhler, you are of course brilliantly informed but I must share that your use of the word 'propellant' is even more entertaining than you had perhaps imagined; your wonderful 'smiley' is propelled by the Crown Princess's dress, but might be repelled by all the paps out in force to get the picture:flowers:

Mary is another royal lady who is able to totally rock casual wear. I love the pants and blouse combination. Very appropriate, but comfortable as well.

Dear Muhler, you are of course brilliantly informed but I must share that your use of the word 'propellant' is even more entertaining than you had perhaps imagined; your wonderful 'smiley' is propelled by the Crown Princess's dress, but might be repelled by all the paps out in force to get the picture:flowers:

Of course. Insect repellant. :rolleyes:

I'll put a bag over my head and go stand in the corner for a while. :lol:

The wrap dress with it vibrant print is fresh, pretty and very fitting.
But today's outfit is IMHO ruined by those wedges - a particularly ghastly version in the combo of patent leather and cork which give her clubfeet, as wedges usually do. Can't wait for this horrid footwear to make a quick exit from the fashion scene again.

I don't like the print of the orange dress but I like the cut and fit on Mary. Alternately, I don't like the cut of the blue skirt but the color is lovely.

I'm not a fan of wedge shoes either.

Yesterday, November 12, Mary wore a second outfit - an orange dress with a strong print:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Today for her final day in Mozambique she has chosen a skirt we've seen on her before and a simple white top:

** Full view ** Side view ** Upper part **

Do like the colour and the cut of the orange dress, but the print is again way too much. Nice shoes. However, I like how she is "composed" with the ladies in the first pictures, strong print looks right in place there ;).

As to the second outfit, I don't like it at all. The skirt looks very heavy, and does not combine well with a light top. And the top was, once again, too casual. Also do not like the cut of the skirt.
As to the shoes, I, personally, like wedges, but prefer more open ones, summery ones, the ones that look very light. The shiny, closed ones are too clunky.
The only thing I like from the second outfit is the colour of the skirt.

Love the orange dress for the occasion. Also the colour is good on her. Absolutely love the wedgies. So much better than the horrible hoofs (platform pumps) that the other princesses wear.

The wrap dress is lovely. The color and print works well nicely.

The skirt outfit is nice, I've always liked that skirt but its not a skirt worn with wedges.

I love both outfits and the wedges are gorgeous..IMO

yes, she looks good in both outfits, the wraparound dress with print, less formal than in a single colour and the clean crisp skirt and tshirt, the wedges could be prettier, these are somehow a bit clunky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom