The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Courtier

StyleofMary (Styleofmary) has a working link to Mary's dress from day 3. We all know it already, it is an old Hugo Boss - dress. http://lh5.ggpht.com/-nixxMV-e1QM/UK...5B5%25255D.jpg

Old 11-12-2012, 04:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia View Post
but when amoung the locals she looks just right, which is important
http://i.imgur.com/Zdt2n.jpg
She looked absolutely right for the occasion.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
She looked absolutely right for the occasion.
I totally agree. Mary looks amazing in gala, but for some reason I have always loved her in totally casual outfits. I think she looks really lovely wearing these casual outfits.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
StyleofMary (Styleofmary) has a working link to Mary's dress from day 3. We all know it already, it is an old Hugo Boss - dress. http://lh5.ggpht.com/-nixxMV-e1QM/UK...5B5%25255D.jpg
And it's a one ugly dress again.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Courtier

I think its a great dress for this visit fits in with the colouful clothes of the local ladies.

Lots of recycling which is always good to see.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
And it's a one ugly dress again.
No, no, no, Cinderella5x, you misunderstand.

This dress has been especially designed to protect the wearer when she ventures out in the wild.
The combination of black and yellow is, as we all know, a warning signal in the insect world.
Mary's dress therefore doubles as an insect-propellant.

It's really brilliant, come to think of it.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Courtier

I actually like the dress to be honest. I would even wear it myself. :-)
Old 11-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

This dress has been especially designed to protect the wearer when she ventures out in the wild.
The combination of black and yellow is, as we all know, a warning signal in the insect world.

While I would take the yellow with black dots, I will not go through the weird bottom part. What is that protecting me from?
Old 11-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Courtier

Hahaha Muhler, once again, you are totally right!!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

Dear Muhler, you are of course brilliantly informed but I must share that your use of the word 'propellant' is even more entertaining than you had perhaps imagined; your wonderful 'smiley' is propelled by the Crown Princess's dress, but might be repelled by all the paps out in force to get the picture
Old 11-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Majesty

Mary is another royal lady who is able to totally rock casual wear. I love the pants and blouse combination. Very appropriate, but comfortable as well.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
Dear Muhler, you are of course brilliantly informed but I must share that your use of the word 'propellant' is even more entertaining than you had perhaps imagined; your wonderful 'smiley' is propelled by the Crown Princess's dress, but might be repelled by all the paps out in force to get the picture
Of course. Insect repellant.

I'll put a bag over my head and go stand in the corner for a while.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Yesterday, November 12, Mary wore a second outfit - an orange dress with a strong print:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Today for her final day in Mozambique she has chosen a skirt we've seen on her before and a simple white top:

** Full view ** Side view ** Upper part **
Old 11-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

The wrap dress with it vibrant print is fresh, pretty and very fitting.
But today's outfit is IMHO ruined by those wedges - a particularly ghastly version in the combo of patent leather and cork which give her clubfeet, as wedges usually do. Can't wait for this horrid footwear to make a quick exit from the fashion scene again.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't like the print of the orange dress but I like the cut and fit on Mary. Alternately, I don't like the cut of the blue skirt but the color is lovely.

I'm not a fan of wedge shoes either.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Yesterday, November 12, Mary wore a second outfit - an orange dress with a strong print:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Today for her final day in Mozambique she has chosen a skirt we've seen on her before and a simple white top:

** Full view ** Side view ** Upper part **
Do like the colour and the cut of the orange dress, but the print is again way too much. Nice shoes. However, I like how she is "composed" with the ladies in the first pictures, strong print looks right in place there .

As to the second outfit, I don't like it at all. The skirt looks very heavy, and does not combine well with a light top. And the top was, once again, too casual. Also do not like the cut of the skirt.
As to the shoes, I, personally, like wedges, but prefer more open ones, summery ones, the ones that look very light. The shiny, closed ones are too clunky.
The only thing I like from the second outfit is the colour of the skirt.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Gentry

Love the orange dress for the occasion. Also the colour is good on her. Absolutely love the wedgies. So much better than the horrible hoofs (platform pumps) that the other princesses wear.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The wrap dress is lovely. The color and print works well nicely.

The skirt outfit is nice, I've always liked that skirt but its not a skirt worn with wedges.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love both outfits and the wedges are gorgeous..IMO
Old 11-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

yes, she looks good in both outfits, the wraparound dress with print, less formal than in a single colour and the clean crisp skirt and tshirt, the wedges could be prettier, these are somehow a bit clunky

Tags
crown princess mary, princess mary daytime fashion, princess mary fashion, princess mary style