Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 19: October 2012 - February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind fur, but is it the picture or are there slits in the bottom of the coat? Looks odd.

Love the fur coat. It looks so warm!

I like that color of Mary. It suits her.

I do not like the smocked work on the blouse and the shiny material, looks like a strange bedspread.

Colour is pretty.

(picture is gruesume for christine lagarde)

I love the colour of the blouse but do agree IMO it's too shiny for a daytime outfit I am not a fan of that look but that is just me .. I like the lippy colour too nice for a bit of a change.

I just don't care for this blouse at all on our beautiful Mary. :(

The color is gorgeous but I don't like the style of the blouse.

Expensive looking silk bedspread you got there. Love the colour!

Agree about the bedspread. Looks exactly like my silk sheets I have on my bed now (just went to confirm :ROFLMAO:), colour included ;). Like the colour a lot though. But that would be all I like about the blouse.

Mary attending the handball final in Barcelona
http://1.1.1.1/bmi/2.bp.blogspot.co...NinjRIzzw0/s1600/299340_700_415_0_0_0_0_2.jpg

The jeans look too casual to me, most men were in suits, Mary could have done much better (like the Danish handball team, too)

I can't open the link, but I have seen the pictures over the Mary's events thread and I agree about the jeans. The outfit Mary wore was way too casual, esp that she was giving out the medals. Has she been watching only, jeans would have been fine, but what she wore was more suitable for an outing with firends, not for an official engagement. Between all the men wearing suits, Mary looked out of place in her jeans.

Last edited:
Strictly speaking it wasn't an official engagement for Mary. It was not entered into the calendar or even mentioned on the DRF's website.
It was only decided on Friday she would attend and perhaps she didn't even know she was going to hand out medals.

I think she dressed in the Scandinavian way (no more casually dressed than Frederik usually is at such events). Whereas in Spain it seems you dress for sport events as if you are attending a business seminar.

IMO She looked lovely between all these men in grey and blue and not at all out of place (despite wearing jeans).

I think she was fine at the tribune,even between all the suits, but the jeans looked odd and innappropriate when she came to hand out the medals. I think no jeans would have make the outfit better, still casual but not misplaced.
It wasn´t an impressive day for Mary in the fashion sense.

Ricarda, it isn´t like Spaniards dress that way to watching sports :lol:
People dress exactly like Mary, unless they are an important authority and are placed at the tribune, of course.
I read yesterday some comments on Spanish websites about Mary, and they were quite surprised that she wore jeans.

Last edited:
Mary's outfit was nicely put together. I do see the difference one would dress in Spain and Denmark/Scandinavian countries. I don't think she was underdressed if she wasn't going to handout the medals and since she did then I do think she could've done a bit better.

Considering the event, I thought Mary was dressed perfectly appropriately.
The jacket was really nice.

Strictly speaking it wasn't an official engagement for Mary. It was not entered into the calendar or even mentioned on the DRF's website.
It was only decided on Friday she would attend and perhaps she didn't even know she was going to hand out medals.

I think she dressed in the Scandinavian way (no more casually dressed than Frederik usually is at such events). Whereas in Spain it seems you dress for sport events as if you are attending a business seminar.

IMO She looked lovely between all these men in grey and blue and not at all out of place (despite wearing jeans).

I am pretty sure she knew she was going to hand out medals; I cannot believe she found out only after already in Spain, on the stands.

The men were wearing grey and blue, but those grey and blue were suits. Jeans among suits looked way too casual and out of place, in my opinion.

I like the outfit but agree jeans weren't the best choice.

They were at a sporting event. Suits or jeans, I thought Mart looked appropriate.

Given how everyone else was dressed in the official box I agree jeans were not the best choice. If she had just been sitting in the regular stands they would have been fine, but in the official box and then presenting medals a better decision could have been made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom