The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 10:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
The skirt looks white in all the photos except for that one. Nice, fresh looking outfit.
It looks pink to me in all photos I've seen.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Courtier

Nude pumps would have been totally boring. Snake skins pick up the pink/cream in the skirt and add a little pop of color. She looks great!

Old 08-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Mary returning from Baastad with 3 of the 4 children.

Jeeans, ballet flats, cardi and top...simple for schlepping around with the kids and the dog.

MYROYALS: PR

http://i47.tinypic.com/23lazht.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/29qimfa.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/detijn.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/iqctty.jpg
Old 08-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

this is pretty and I soo like the dog
Old 08-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks comfortable and casual. Very appropriate for what she is doing!
Old 08-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Royal Highness

She looks lovely, that's an outfit I'd wear.

Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder how far are the photographers from them, do they know they had been photograph? she is a perfect outfit for the out going with the kids!
Old 08-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Majesty

Great and comfortable look; great for relaxing with the kiddos . Off-topic, but the twins are precious . I love Josephine's hair clip.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Definitely love the outfit. Nice to see her in casual wear.

Is Baastad a vacation place?
Old 08-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well I mean it's okay stuff ..nothing special but then that's the idea I guess ... Ithink I could throw it together from my wardrobe .. so that's good ... for me .. yes were is Baastad ??? is it at the beach ???
Old 08-30-2012, 02:18 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Bstad is in Sweden, Crown Prince Frederik has participated in a sailing competition there and he and the kids therefore spent the weekend at the royal yacht. Mary either spent half of the time with them or fetched up the kids only.

And now back to the fashion discussions
Old 08-30-2012, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I wonder how far are the photographers from them, do they know they had been photograph? she is a perfect outfit for the out going with the kids!
Im pretty sure they were aware of the photographers but that doesn't mean thats the reason for her dressing the way she did IMO. This is a typical casual Mary look.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:48 PM
Courtier

Love how her hair looks totally natural, no time or inclination to have it look 'groomed'. It looks very light at the moment, with lots of highlights.
A very achievable casual look for anyone to copy!!
Old 09-01-2012, 12:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
Nude pumps would have been totally boring. Snake skins pick up the pink/cream in the skirt and add a little pop of colour. She looks great!
I agree, the overwhelming tendency to wear "nude" shoes is boring. More often than not they are a totally nondescript addition that detracts from the overall ensemble. It is almost like they look at themselves in the mirror and can't quite decide what would look best and default to the dreaded nude. That is not to say nude shoes are always wrong because we have seen some stunning ensembles that look terrific with nude.

Mary mostly avoids that trap and in this case her choice to use snake skin is right on the button and, as casualfan notes, it picks up the colour in the skirt.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent

The outfit is absolutely fine for a casual family walk. I like her bag and ballerinas!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Frederick & Mary at Denmark's Flag Day

Article

Kronprinsparret lagde krans for faldne soldater - sn.dk - Sjllands Nyheder - sn.dk - Danmark

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...807000000.jpg/
Old 09-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I think Mary looks wonderful.
A subtle yet very elegant look. The hat, gloves and shoes are fantastic.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Flag Day outfit is pure perfection, it's as simple as that.
Some of CP Mary's outfits this year were rather below par and sometimes also a bit too young-ish for her IMHO, but this is sheer elegance.
It also proves the value of a real hat, in contrast to all those silly 'fascinator' thingies, and of beautiful shoes, in contrast to flashy sandals and platform chunks.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
The Flag Day outfit is pure perfection, it's as simple as that.
Some of CP Mary's outfits this year were rather below par and sometimes also a bit too young-ish for her IMHO, but this is sheer elegance.
It also proves the value of a real hat, in contrast to all those silly 'fascinator' thingies, and of beautiful shoes, in contrast to flashy sandals and platform chunks.
ITA about the hat!
Old 09-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the look! It's a very elegant and classic look. Love the color combination of black and purple.

Tags
crown princess mary, crown princess mary fashion, daytime fashion, fashion, marys daytime fashion, princess mary, princess mary fashion