Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 18: August 2012 - October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another event where Mary pulls off the regal look; having said that I am not too fond of the lace/coat combo, lace is nothing I'd wear daytime and to this specific event.

Really do like the lace and black coat combination, probably the hairdo and hat pull it together.
Her NYC visit looked all very nice, but I think the very long, loose daytime hair, doesn't give off a professional vibe.

Frelinghighness said:
Her NYC visit looked all very nice, but I think the very long, loose daytime hair, doesn't give off a professional vibe.
I completely disagree. It's not as if she just had a ragamuffin pile of hair on top of her head...

:previous: Actually, I think it is a fine line she trod with her hair. Too casual or "in her face" and she would run the risk of being called "unprofessionl" and more interested in fashion than the job at hand. Conversely, if she wore it too structured she would have been slated as being pretentious and out of place. I think she played it pretty well.

Last edited:
Well said, Marg. I completely agree with you. :)

The dress is beautiful. Was this an evening event? It looks quite like a cocktail dress to me.

Princess Mary really looks so beautiful , I loved her Dress very very much very elegant & classic , I am a big fun of the look & dress , very successful choice

I love the dress. It suits the venue. Mary looks elegant.

That's a fantastic yet simple dress. She look wonderful.

Love the dress! The color and fit looks great on her.

Yes, she is a very elegant young woman.

Mary looks very nice. I love the dress.

She looks beautiful, her makeup and hair looks great. And though the dress is simple it really works for her. She looks like a fashionable librarian.

The dress is beautiful. Was this an evening event? It looks quite like a cocktail dress to me.

If it had been an evening event, I would not have posted it at the daytime fashion thread ;) Judging from the time the first pics appeared, I would say early afternoon or about noon :flowers:

The dress is amazing and suits her very well. The shoes also go great with it. Again I don't like her hair, I think it is too long and looks messy in some pictures.

I like the dress and her long hair worn loose, any other hair style would make the dress too formal.

Mary always look fantastic, and this dress is just perfect on here:)

Lovely recycled navy dress.
The brooch was a perfect match.

I admire the way Mary manages to ring the changes and still look elegant and chic. I think a lot is made of the length of dresses or how it stacks up against what is currently "in fashion" but Mary manages to fall outside those strict confines, even what is supposedly "age appropriate".

Mary seems to set her own fashion and manages to wear dresses of varying lengths and her hair either up or down without looking matronly or messy and juvenile. Her ensembles do not scream "mutton dressed as lamb" or "40 years old"!

It is an art and one a few others could do well to emulate.

Mary is an amazing woman. She has really evolved style-wise. This simple, yet elegant dress is a good example. It is flattering and appropriate for the occasion. The brooch gives it that extra little special touch and her hair looks just right. Lovely!

Yesterday arrival/first outfit was pretty elegant yet casual, really liked it.

Todays outfit is a miss though her shoes are quite cute, the skirt is a bit too long which makes it look like it belongs to an elder lady. The top is too conservative for that skirt which makes it not work for Mary.

Interesting to see the diverging opinions on Mary's hair, how people see the same thing in such a different way.
Do not like the wide white pants, seems a more casual, evening look to me.
The skirt and blouse seem a bit dreary to me,I always find that combo to be a challenge. Maybe assessories would have helped. The shoes look interesting, wish I could see another pic. Her hair, again for me, does not look well with the outfit.

Last edited:
The coat is nice but I don't like the outfits with it. Not a fan of those wide pants. On the second outfit, the blouse is dull and it ages her. Plus, I don't like the print of the skirt. However, her shoes are nice.

Last edited:
I love the coat! I don't care for the very wide pants, but like the dress and the skirt and top. The nayy dress is the best of the bunch. Very pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom