Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 17: May 2012 - August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 17

The previous thread can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

Definitely not my favourite look on Mary.
The top and the lace skirt simply do not match in any way, be it colour, style or material.
The shoes appear to be a random choice as well. Lovely earrings - the only thing I like about the ensemble.

I like this outfit alot, but for afternoon tea underneath the apple blossoms on a sunny day.

I like the skirt and the top but not together.

Me too - the top is lovely, the skirt not so much. White & pale green doesnt look good together, a darker colour would look better.

Me too! The skirt looks gorgeous and very elegant and sophisticated, but not with this top. The blouse looks cute and feminine, but not with this skirt.

From a distance it looked nice and I like the look she was going for - a lightly flowing top paired with a more fitted bottom. But up close I find that the skirt and top do not match - perhaps it is the blend of fabrics or the combination of two very differently detailed garments.

ETA: IloveCP, which outfit were you commenting on? I assumed you meant the most recent one under which you posted, the lace skirt and white top, but reading Duke of Marmalade's comment about a pale green top now has me wondering if you meant the previous outfit...

Last edited:
I love each piece of the the evening outfit alone but together they are a bit missed matched ... I do really love the skirt....

Like some here, I like the pieces, but not together. Too much lace and crochet in one outfit. The shoes are awful and look to be a bit too small.

The blouse and skirt look nice but not together.
That's too much white during this visit:whistling:

Me too! The skirt looks gorgeous and very elegant and sophisticated, but not with this top. The blouse looks cute and feminine, but not with this skirt.

From a distance it looked nice and I like the look she was going for - a lightly flowing top paired with a more fitted bottom. But up close I find that the skirt and top do not match - perhaps it is the blend of fabrics or the combination of two very differently detailed garments.

ETA: IloveCP, which outfit were you commenting on? I assumed you meant the most recent one under which you posted, the lace skirt and white top, but reading Duke of Marmalade's comment about a pale green top now has me wondering if you meant the previous outfit...

I was talking about the white outft. :)

Last edited:
As other posters have said, these two pieces are lovely but not together. They clash too much, but the skirt is really pretty.

I must say she must have an incredible figure to use white, and with 4 kids i would like to have her trainer! i love the skirt and like some other pst not with that blouse but still jjust to be able topull that ...incredible! i bow to her!

The blouse and skirt look nice but not together.
That's too much white during this visit:whistling:

This outfit and the white suit only..?
Added: I forgot one white dress but they are all nice, so never mind.

I'll be in the minority then: I think the blouse and skirt look very nice together.

Last edited:
Oh, my aching feet! The price princesses (and we mortals) pay for beauty. I'm glad I'm not a princess if I had to wear those style shoes!

I also like the black and white dress with the contrasting orange shoes; a nice shot of color.

I think the shoes work well with the dress.

Very nice. I like the black and white dress and the red shoes. Good combination.

The black and white dress is - for me - nice but nothing special. I am not sure about the pop of color on her feet with this dress. But I do wonder how she squeezed her sore feet into those shoes...?

Here is a roundup of her fashions at the state visit. They are missing this and this. My favorites are, number 3, 6, 7 and the white dress that I added. I think the worst are, 5, 8 and 2.

My faves are 4, 6, 7, 9 and the b/w print dress with the red accessories. Thanks for the link, CP!

I really love the black & white outfit with the red accessories.

My favorite outfit was the black and white dress with the red shoes and clutch. Very classy, elegant and understated.

My favorite is number 7, and my least favorite is number 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom