Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 17: May 2012 - August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The top is awful! Not a fan of the pants either.

Mary looks lovely!
I actually like the entire look, shirts and pants included.

I like the pants; but then I really like the loose cut of most of Mary's pants - which so many others dislike.
The top should be converted to favourite gardening T-shirt at Fredensborg, IMHO.

mmm.. the pants are okay IMO better than her usual effort but the top is another thing I think it's really horrible. An average look IMO

Not liking the outfit as all. The pants and top are ill fitting and don't seem to go together at all.

I don't think its a bad outfit, but it seems a little too casual for this occasion and maybe a little mismatched. I don't hate it.

I have no problems with her slacks, but I don't like the top at all. The design on the sleeves is really not sitting well with me, and the shoulder pads shouldn't be in style, ever. I never understood the point of having them in the first place.

Now that is an outfit I like, Mary looked rather stunning in that dress, very elegant and fit for a garden party.

The garden party look is a huge improvement from the one shared previously on the thread.

I like the pants; but then I really like the loose cut of most of Mary's pants - which so many others dislike.
The top should be converted to favourite gardening T-shirt at Fredensborg, IMHO.

I'm with you. I like the fit of the pants. (Really dislike the shirt) She looks way too casual here.

The garden party outfit was very pretty! Hope we get a full length look soon.

I don't like the dress and I don't like the print. I also think that the dress is a size or two small on Mary, it obviously shows that it is quite fitted which looks a bit too small.
Couldn't agree more.
The dress is far too tight on Mary, and the hectic print (showing what, exactly) is not appealing - as the print is the dress, the dress isn't very appealing either.

Apparently the dress is by Fendi:
http://s8.postimage.org/rm9fdmxlx/Screenshot_2.jpg

Couldn't agree more.
The dress is far too tight on Mary, and the hectic print (showing what, exactly) is not appealing - as the print is the dress, the dress isn't very appealing either.

Apparently the dress is by Fendi:
http://s8.postimage.org/rm9fdmxlx/Screenshot_2.jpg

It has been a case with Mary quite often lately, I would say, wearing too small / too tight clothes. I also do not like the dress, the print is way too much.

I don't think it is a case of the clothes being too small...I think as a 40 year old mother of 4, nature is catching up with her and no matter what you do, eat less, exercise more, the body's natural tendency will override all of that...Ageing, slowing metabolism, changed priorities (family time vs fitness time)...So I think mary should go shopping, accept that she should buy clothes the next size UP and be done with it :) Embrace the ageing process and age naturally and gracefully and not so tightly...

The Dress Not so Unique Piece But Suits Princess Mary Well , good Look

I don't think it is a case of the clothes being too small...I think as a 40 year old mother of 4, nature is catching up with her and no matter what you do, eat less, exercise more, the body's natural tendency will override all of that...Ageing, slowing metabolism, changed priorities (family time vs fitness time)...So I think mary should go shopping, accept that she should buy clothes the next size UP and be done with it :) Embrace the ageing process and age naturally and gracefully and not so tightly...

I still think it does have to do with the clothes she's wearing lately being simply too small / too tight. No matter how your body changes (and believe me, being 40 and mother of 4 does not mean you can't be thin, Mary is thin and in good shape, and I know many women even over 50 still thin and in great shape), you can find the clothes your / right size, and that's not the case with Mary, her clothes are being clearly too small / too tight.
Besides, if you mention at the end of your post she should buy clothes the next size UP that clearly means the clothes she wears now are too small, so how it's not the case of the clothes being too small?

Not a fan of the print of the dress.

I haven't decided if I like the dress - I wish I could see a full length photo.

I'm not sure that the clothing is too small, but I do think her shape has changed. Not only has she had twins, but she's 40. That's about the time the body changes. She still has a great shape, and I don't see anything terribly wrong with what she wears.

That's an incongruous look; the shirt is too casual for the dressy pants. And she looks like she sprouted feathers on those sleeves; a definite dislike for me.

I still think it does have to do with the clothes she's wearing lately being simply too small / too tight. No matter how your body changes (and believe me, being 40 and mother of 4 does not mean you can't be thin, Mary is thin and in good shape, and I know many women even over 50 still thin and in great shape), you can find the clothes your / right size, and that's not the case with Mary, her clothes are being clearly too small / too tight.
Besides, if you mention at the end of your post she should buy clothes the next size UP that clearly means the clothes she wears now are too small, so how it's not the case of the clothes being too small?

I mention that because clothes come in set sizes, people get use to being one of those set sizes, like Mary has perhaps adjusted being a size 4-6 and perhaps she is in (possible) denial now...'I am a size 6 and if the clothes don't fit or are too tight, it is the clothes' fault, not mine'

Last edited by a moderator:
The print of the dress is ok for me, however, I agree about the tendency of Mary to wear clothes that dont match her body shape any longer.

I can understand to some degree in the cases where she recycles dresses from when she was younger and had less children but I dont understand when it comes down to buying new dresses - looks like somebody needs to give Mary a reality check here soon.

I don't like both outfits from 19 June.
But I fail to see where the garden party dress is too small. It doesn't look too small in the group picture.

Small, but full lenght ;) - hope it helps!

** Mary, June 19, 2012 **

Thank you!
The length does not suit her, its a bit too long for me to like. The length reminds me of something a much older women would be happy with. A bit shorter would've looked great.
I think if Mary wore a belt, it would break the print up a bit.

I think if Mary wore a belt, it would break the print up a bit.
Or she should have followed Margrethe's and Benedikte's example and covered part of her dress with a shawl or jacket/cardi. Mary often wears belts or cardis and I don't always like it. But here she doesn't although IMO the dress screams for it.

Too much print on too much dress for me. I only like busy prints on skirts or short-sleeved and/or short-lengthed dresses.

Last edited:
Prints are very in this year, and Mary has an incredible figure for a woman of any age. She has very rarely appeared anything short of modern, demure, and elegant. I don't see the problem with the fit of her clothes, either. In the pix from the garden party, she was slightly bent over, an odd angle. Judging the fit of clothes from photos is a risky business, I think. Just my .02.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom