Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 17: May 2012 - August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks amazing! I love the gold dress and the hat. Im glad she wore the hat again!

Mary looks lovely. I love the entire look.

Really wonderful dress. Who made it? How lucky are you Avee to have a skirt of it??
The coat looks soft and lovely and she really looks stunning except for the hat. Too big and silly looking for a christening.

The hat reminds me of ones the Countess of Wessex and the Duchess of Cambridge have worn in the past. But I don't care for it, too OTT for me.

Last edited:
@ Baroness of Books: Mary has already worn the hat for the Monaco wedding. I have to say I love the whole outfit. Once again she looks stunning and I am sure she is a great godmother to Estelle.

I liked the hat better the first time she wore it. I actually think it looked better contrasted with the turquoise dress she wore it with then. Sadly, the more I look at the hat the sillier it looks. Maybe it is slightly over the top for this event. Also, she looks like she's wearing a lab coat over her dress.

Really wonderful dress. Who made it? How lucky are you Avee to have a skirt of it??

The designer is Strenesse. I was looking for another Strenesse item and came across the the skirt. There was a matching top too but it was too small. The first two times Princess Mary wore this outfit, I couldn't tell if she was wearing a dress or the matching top and skirt. Finally, we can see she is wearing the dress.

the coat is strange and doesn't match the lovely dress...

:previous: Wow! She has the whole look wrapped up. That hat is divine and it certainly needed another outing. I adored it the first time and I love it this time. Surprisingly, it can be worn with entirely different colours (Monaco/Sweden).

The dress is beautiful with it's elegant body line and wonderful caramel gold geometric pattern softened by a silk/chiffon overlay? that gives it a soft feminine finish.

The coat is elegant and a fabulous counterpoint of texture against the softness of the dress. Its colour a perfect match with the lighter tones of the flower on the hat.

Accessories? Perfect! The handbag is to die for and oh how I wish I could wear shoes like that!

Altogether, a perfect ensemble and perfectly suited to a Baptism.

(Saddly that's the only place we mere mortals get to wear our hats . . . weddings and baptisms . . . oh, and the occasional Race Meeting!)

Last edited:
@ Baroness of Books: Mary has already worn the hat for the Monaco wedding. I have to say I love the whole outfit. Once again she looks stunning and I am sure she is a great godmother to Estelle.

Thanks for letting me know the prior occasion Mary wore her hat, but I didn't say that she never wore it before, just that the style reminds me of ones the Duchess of Cambridge and Countess of Wessex had worn as well. Personally, I don't care for these type of fascinator/satellite-dish hats; just too OTT for me. But she did look beautiful.

Last edited:
Mary was her normal polished self at the christening of Princess Estelle. I thought that she herself looked beautiful. I appreciate that there was a sense of regal elegance to her outfit, but it does not work for me. I like the mix of white and gold, just not this particular combination – for me the dress and coat are lovely, are elegant and sophisticated, but not together. I do not like the hat, but the shoes are nice! Mary (and/or her stylist) has a fantastic flair for recycling, but I personally like this dress on the other occasions that it has been worn.

IMO the christening in Sweden outfit is amazing. I love the colour choices th statr with the bag is a knockout. The dress I love and itis so very understated. Love the shoes and I love the little "hat" I am a sucker for the flowers and hat combo.

....Accessories? Perfect! The handbag is to die for and oh how I wish I could wear shoes like that!...

I don't know how they do it! Looks like some serious foot pain not to mention how well you can walk on tip toes!:ohmy:

yes, i wonder the same how they can walk with that, i willdo it very slow!!!! i guess they practice?

I shudder when they walk on uneven surfaces and where heels can get caught, like cobblestones.

Crown Princess Mary attended a lunch on the royal yacht Dannebrog today to celebrate its 80th anniversary,
wearing a nice maritime dress:

** Full view ** Side view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
I dont like this dress, but i like the belt, i am not sure about the shoes! the stripes across make you wider I understand it looks like a marine dress and match theocasion but not my cupof tea!!!!!

:previous:
I agree; the dress itself is just average, but the belt (and matching shoes) just manages to save it.

The stripes make my eyes hurt. Too busy. The belt is very nice, however.

The dress is okay and the belt is nice, but I don't like the two together.

Last edited:
Ouch! You can see how her toes are bunching out over the left shoe in the second photo.

Ouch! You can see how her toes are bunching out over the left shoe in the second photo.

That looks so painful :eek:. I wonder though, if Mary has the issue that I have when it comes to buying shoes where one foot is one size while the other is too big. I always go with the bigger size, but that has its' disadvantages since the shoe on that foot is too loose and I'm always paranoid that I'm going to lose it.

Not really a fan of the dress. The belt does not look good with it to me.

Nice outfit. I also liked the matching belt and heels. Very nautical.

I think the outfit looks good on this specific event, nautical theme, otherwise it would look a little strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom