The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

wow, incredible look for Mary, what a life , one day one baptisim and the next day another baptisim in other country, I know she said once about her cloths being as "work clothes" but i wish that would bemy work clothes thravellike that nd go to this beautiful events! she looks stunning i love the hat , the dress and the shoes and handbag i am not sure bout the coat..........

Old 05-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower

Wonderful look for Crown Princess Mary at the christening of Princess Estelle today, May 22,
nice dress and coat and a matching flower hat:

** Full view ** Full view 2 **
Love this outfit.
She looks amazing once again.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the outfit love the hat she looks just amazing.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

She wore the dress before (not sure when)
Old 05-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
She wore the dress Oct. 8, 2007 to Romania.
Again Nov. 2, 2009 in Vietnam.

Both time she wore the dress with the same jacket so this is the first time we are seeing the dress.

I own the skirt version of this design and it's quite creative how the dress and skirt were made.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Serene Highness

Mary has an ability to pull off a mix 'n match of outfits that would look ridiculous on anyone else. I like the look
Old 05-22-2012, 05:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Absolutely gorgeous from top to bottom. I love the coat with the dress, and the hat looks great on her. Mary very rarely misses!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the dress and the coat, not too fond of the hat but it sure could have been worse. I think Mary looked quite stunning today, very elegant indeed.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Courtier

Count me among those who loved this outfit.Perfect choice.
I don't like the hat though.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:25 PM
Gentry

Absolutely gorgeous outfit. The hat I remember from Prince Alberts wedding.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Majesty

She looks amazing! I love the gold dress and the hat. Im glad she wore the hat again!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Majesty

Mary looks lovely. I love the entire look.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Really wonderful dress. Who made it? How lucky are you Avee to have a skirt of it??
The coat looks soft and lovely and she really looks stunning except for the hat. Too big and silly looking for a christening.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Heir Apparent

The hat reminds me of ones the Countess of Wessex and the Duchess of Cambridge have worn in the past. But I don't care for it, too OTT for me.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Courtier

@ Baroness of Books: Mary has already worn the hat for the Monaco wedding. I have to say I love the whole outfit. Once again she looks stunning and I am sure she is a great godmother to Estelle.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Nobility

I liked the hat better the first time she wore it. I actually think it looked better contrasted with the turquoise dress she wore it with then. Sadly, the more I look at the hat the sillier it looks. Maybe it is slightly over the top for this event. Also, she looks like she's wearing a lab coat over her dress.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Really wonderful dress. Who made it? How lucky are you Avee to have a skirt of it??
The designer is Strenesse. I was looking for another Strenesse item and came across the the skirt. There was a matching top too but it was too small. The first two times Princess Mary wore this outfit, I couldn't tell if she was wearing a dress or the matching top and skirt. Finally, we can see she is wearing the dress.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

the coat is strange and doesn't match the lovely dress...
Old 05-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Royal Highness

More details

The hat *** The coat 1 *** The coat 2
Old 05-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Majesty

Wow! She has the whole look wrapped up. That hat is divine and it certainly needed another outing. I adored it the first time and I love it this time. Surprisingly, it can be worn with entirely different colours (Monaco/Sweden).

The dress is beautiful with it's elegant body line and wonderful caramel gold geometric pattern softened by a silk/chiffon overlay? that gives it a soft feminine finish.

The coat is elegant and a fabulous counterpoint of texture against the softness of the dress. Its colour a perfect match with the lighter tones of the flower on the hat.

Accessories? Perfect! The handbag is to die for and oh how I wish I could wear shoes like that!

Altogether, a perfect ensemble and perfectly suited to a Baptism.

(Saddly that's the only place we mere mortals get to wear our hats . . . weddings and baptisms . . . oh, and the occasional Race Meeting!)