Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 17: May 2012 - August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the photo of the back of the dress, and ouch :eek:. I don't hate the entire dress, but that bow in the back is hideous.

I like the cut and fit of the dress but that is it. The color of it sky blue is the wrong shade of sky blue as it looks like the color has leaked into the white dress during a wash. The print is not a print I would like to see on Mary. The bow in the back doesn't work for me either.

I like the cut of the dress and I like the print what I do not like is the combination of the cut and the print as it is the case here. In fact the print itself is cute and Mary looks very elegant as always, nonetheless I think another dress of her amazing wardrobe would have been better.

The cut is really good and flatters her stunning figure, but those stars on the fabric are not nice and difficult to wear.

Count me in the camp who loves this dress, I'm surprised I'm in the minority. I love the color, print & style, if I have one negative, I find it too tight in the top area.

Wonderful look for Crown Princess Mary at the christening of Princess Estelle today, May 22,
nice dress and coat and a matching flower hat:

** Full view ** Full view 2 **

Not just the hat, also the dress is recycled. And perhaps even the coat?
A very clever way of mixing old pieces and creating something new.

She looked very elegant.

Much better than pajama dress but a little mishmoshed. White coat is definetly an afterthought as it doesn't go. Love the dress hat shoes and purse.

I liked everthing. She is in my top 3 : Queen Silvia, Princess Mary and Princess Mathilda.

Much better than pajama dress but a little mishmoshed. White coat is definetly an afterthought as it doesn't go. Love the dress hat shoes and purse.

I can all but assure you that the white coat would not have been an afterthought.

Coming from a professional standpoint, it is a lovely marriage of texture and colour/shade. I wouldn't change a thing about the ensemble.

Entirely appropriate for a christening and complimented the dignity of the occcasion. Gold long being a colour associated with royalty and white an appropriate shade in the presence of a chapel.

She was, imo, the best dressed with Queen Silvia not far behind.

Infact, there was something quite 'Queen Ingrid' like about Mary's appearance today.

Last edited:
I love the dress and the heels, but the coat and especially the hat are somewhat off.

I love the dress, the coat is also nice, but somehow I don´t like them together, maybe it´s because the fabric.
I hated the hat when she wore it at Monaco and still do, it´s just awful and makes her face to look longer.

I love the coat but not sure of the match of the coat and dress. The hat was a miss, its a hat not for such and event IMO. In 20 years looking back at the pictures she might regret it, its a fashionable hat which works now. A future heir christening needs something more classic.

The coat is off... doesn't match with the whole outfit...this is a very different outfit from last weekend...very formal and the other mucht more casual...and spring summer!

In 20 years looking back at the pictures she might regret it, its a fashionable hat which works now.

It works now because we are in the now, and I don't think many people consider how a certain hat will look in twenties years time. And neither they should.

Trends come and go. Does anyone think that hats worn by various other senior royal women over the years have stood the test of time? Of course they haven't. Some of them look god awful but at the time, they were of a highly fashionable design.

Now I don't think this to be the best hat Mary's ever worn, but it's a far cry from being the worst.

Last edited:
Very elegant as always.

I couldn't think of why the coat is so wrong with this and I thought of it. It looks like a lab coat from far away. It might be a Chanel(and beautiful)..........but it still bugs me with this gorgeous gold dress.

I couldn't think of why the coat is so wrong with this and I thought of it. It looks like a lab coat from far away. It might be a Chanel(and beautiful)..........but it still bugs me with this gorgeous gold dress.
Simple, beautiful coat. There are some big photos at Pure People that show
it doesn't look anything like a lab coat ;)

Last edited:
wow, incredible look for Mary, what a life , one day one baptisim and the next day another baptisim in other country, I know she said once about her cloths being as "work clothes" but i wish that would bemy work clothes thravellike that nd go to this beautiful events! she looks stunning i love the hat , the dress and the shoes and handbag i am not sure bout the coat..........

iceflower said:

Wonderful look for Crown Princess Mary at the christening of Princess Estelle today, May 22,
nice dress and coat and a matching flower hat:

** Full view ** Full view 2 **

Love this outfit.
She looks amazing once again.

Love the outfit love the hat she looks just amazing.

She wore the dress Oct. 8, 2007 to Romania.
Again Nov. 2, 2009 in Vietnam.

Both time she wore the dress with the same jacket so this is the first time we are seeing the dress.

I own the skirt version of this design and it's quite creative how the dress and skirt were made.

Last edited:
Mary has an ability to pull off a mix 'n match of outfits that would look ridiculous on anyone else. I like the look

Absolutely gorgeous from top to bottom. I love the coat with the dress, and the hat looks great on her. Mary very rarely misses!

I love the dress and the coat, not too fond of the hat but it sure could have been worse. I think Mary looked quite stunning today, very elegant indeed.

Count me among those who loved this outfit.Perfect choice.
I don't like the hat though.

Absolutely gorgeous outfit. The hat I remember from Prince Alberts wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom