Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 17: May 2012 - August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress is pretty for the occasion but I think in the picture there is a lot of floral so it's appears a bit much I like it.

I mention that because clothes come in set sizes, people get use to being one of those set sizes, like Mary has perhaps adjusted being a size 4-6 and perhaps she is in (possible) denial now...'I am a size 6 and if the clothes don't fit or are too tight, it is the clothes' fault, not mine'

Then, obviously, that means her clothes are too small. If a person wears something and it doesn't fit / is too tight, the denial or not, it won't change the fact that what the person wears in too small. So I don't understand you saying what you said above, and yet you saying you don't think it's the matter of clothes being too small.

Prints are very in this year, and Mary has an incredible figure for a woman of any age. She has very rarely appeared anything short of modern, demure, and elegant. I don't see the problem with the fit of her clothes, either. In the pix from the garden party, she was slightly bent over, an odd angle. Judging the fit of clothes from photos is a risky business, I think. Just my .02.

I don't see the problem either. Her clothes don't look overly tight to me.

The white and purple are too sharp a contrast. She would have been better to have blended the top with say a taupe or even black would have been better. She wears a lot of "baggy" trousers - the brown check trousers I have seen her in occasionally are huge - they look like they date back to the 70's. And as for the cardies - I love them...................

Lovely dress at garden party. I would have loved her pulling out her huge pearls to wear with......oh well.....

Very matronly looking, too long, too small dress. She has been wearing too tight clothes for a while now, even before the twins. Some women just think it looks good, I guess.

The more I see the dress the more I like it on Mary. I think the pattern is clean and fresh and great for a garden party.

When looking at the photos of all the ladies the dress dosen't look tight at all.
It could have perhaps been a inch shorter (maybe she has been speaking to MM because she seems to be the champion at wearing oufits that are far too long.)
IMO better to be a an inch longer than an inch too short, which is what we see a number of the other ladies wearing.

Last edited:
The dress is not a size smaller...the dress is tight, Princess Mary ussualy wears tight clothes it ehance her figure, she can use it because she has a wonderful figure.

I very much like the dress from the garden party, but I am not convinced it was the best choice for Mary. However, she still looked lovely.

I really do not like the t-shirt with shoulder pads - I hope it retires to the 'off-duty' section of her wardrobe!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but another thread is discussing the cost of the Duchess of Cambridge's wardrobe following media speculation today. Someone posted that there had been press in Denmark about the cost of Princess Mary's wardrobe.

Is this true and is there an estimate on what the cost is?? I'm not being negative about Mary just trying to get a perspective. Many thanks

The article that someone posted in the Cambridge thread details that the couple apparently spend 600,000 DK a month on clothes, travel, shoes, automobiles and other necessties in life. In total they apparently spent more then their appange and it wasn't too well received when they fired 5 staff members. However, this was back in 2009.
Ekstra Bladet - Vildt forbrug tvang Frede til at fyre

I have always heard that Mary apparently over spends on clothes and shoes, I don't know figures as such but i'll gander over to the danish wealth and finances thread.

thank you lumutqueen - I appreciate it.

Muhler is very helpful. :flowers:

In this thread, and this post he writes that;

In 2009 the CP coupled spend a little more than five million DKK, while the spending in 2010 exploded and ended up at a little more that 11.3 million DKK.

At the end of 2011 they got a pay rise;

Frederik will get 200.000 DKK more next year, of which a certain percentage will go to Mary. (Roughly 10 %).

Check this out, Cinderella:
Denmark Climate, Average Monthly Temperatures, Rainfall, Sunshine Hours, Graphs

Not much variation in Danish weather...Danish summer temps = Australia winter temps that I am experiencing now...I guess the Danish have to find the positives in their limited weather range and embrace the double figure temps of 'summer' :p

So I guess they are all rugged up for a bracingly fresh summer's day :)

Mary looks very comfortable, which is the way to go when one is taking a walk.

Check this out, Cinderella:
Denmark Climate, Average Monthly Temperatures, Rainfall, Sunshine Hours, Graphs

Not much variation in Danish weather...Danish summer temps = Australia winter temps that I am experiencing now...I guess the Danish have to find the positives in their limited weather range and embrace the double figure temps of 'summer' :p

So I guess they are all rugged up for a bracingly fresh summer's day :)

Wow, that's cold for a summer time. I can't do cold, just can't, I did it for a long time, now I am warm and happy :) (OK, offtop, I know, I apologize). That explains why Mary is wrapped up. I As I said before, I like her outfit a lot. Very cozy, casual and nice.

Wow, that's cold for a summer time. I can't do cold, just can't, I did it for a long time, now I am warm and happy :) (OK, offtop, I know, I apologize). That explains why Mary is wrapped up. I As I said before, I like her outfit a lot. Very cozy, casual and nice.

It has to be said that it's a very miserable summer so far. We'll have a couple of nice days now, but it won't last.... So not much of this here in DK this year

She is in a Moncler jacket, by the way the same has Isabella and Christina, they are all wearing the same sleveless Moncler jacket.

I agree Muhler - miserable month of June so far - it'll probably end up being the second wettest June for the last 10 years as well.

We're all a bit starved for sun and summer warmth right now:)

Wow that's a cold "summer." Brrr!!! Explains why she and the twins are all bundled up. Hopefully they have plans to go somewhere warm & sunny.

wow! very cold for me for the summer! mind you here in las vegas we had last week 45.5 centigrades to dam hot too!
Hope they take thekids for some beach time!!!!!

I agree Muhler - miserable month of June so far - it'll probably end up being the second wettest June for the last 10 years as well.

We're all a bit starved for sun and summer warmth right now:)

We are burning up, quite literally unfortunately, here in CO, and would gladly take some of your wet and cold:)

Is this thread about Denmark's weather or Mary's clothes???? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom