Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 15: January 2012 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bertie5252003 said:
She looks like waitress HORRIBLE ... IMO

I've never seen a waitress look like stunning. Have you?

Mary looks wonderful.

I like the concept of the outfit but the contrast between the very white turtleneck against the black isn't working well for me.

well it's a different look, I kind like the white turtleneck and the dress, casual but fashion at the same time, what I don't like is the black sweater under it...:)

The last two outfits are very nice.Am I the only one here who like the prada bag with the first outfit?It adds colour to that dark outfit and if it was combined with a red necklace,It would have been super outfit.
I don't like the scarf and the hairdo from the second look.

At $4,650 for the bag, which looks to me like a beach bag in all honesty, it'd need to do something for the outfit!

I like black dress/vest (?), but white turtleneck doesn't go well, maybe in different color. I agree about too fashion forward comment-it's not a time and place to parade with trendy outfits.

I like it! I really like the animal print shoes.

Mary has always been trying to be fashionable for all events. It doesn't bother me if she is trying too hard, at least she is well dressed & dressed appropriate and not underdressed for the event.

I agree dazzling, I'll take a princess who tries too hard (though I disagree that yesterday's outfit fit into that category) over a princess who never seems to try; arriving underdressed and underwhelming.

Last edited:
I think I kinda like the black dress/coat/thingy - but not with the white turtleneck.

I like the outfit of the first day. Very business-like but feminine. However, the bag is a big No-No!! This is a casual bag to wear with jeans not with a dress like that! There is nothing wrong with a total-black look. I have to add that her Birkin bag would have looked much better and added some extra class to the style.

Regarding the second outfit: I like the blouse, I think it's interesting. I also like the hair. BUT, why on earth would you ever choose these pants? First of all the colour is so wrong. It doesn't go at all with black. :bang: And second of all, why do all women think that they look nice in high-waisted wide trousers. You should never wear them unless you are your legs are a mile long and have the sillouette of Elle Macpherson! They can make your legs look way fuller!! Also I always thought these shoes were tacky.

:ermm:Unfortunately, I have to agree with some here that she looks like a waitress in the third outfit! I mean what sort of combination is that. I like turtlenecks; I think that they are elegant if they are worn correctly and with the right accessories. Nevertheless, how can this dress look good with a white turtleneck? It is a nice dress, but totally destroyed with the turtleneck. She could have worn a nice skirt if she definitely wanted to wear the turtleneck or not wear the turtleneck at all. Again, the bag is out as well as the boots. She should have stuck with a similar corporate look as in the first day.

Well, the thing about experimenting with clothes is that you should do it when appropriate. You can always be fashionable without being a fashion victim, and I am sorry to say but sometimes Mary can be a fashion victim.

Mary should relax and enjoy the engagements. She cannot always look good, everyone makes mistakes in clothes department. She seems to be perfectionist and tries to follow trends but sometimes it better to wear something and smile.

Crown Princess Mary wore a second outfit yesterday, February 27 - this time a black blouse
and brown pants. A scarf and shoes with an animal print completed the outfit:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

Princess Mary She Look Very Nice I always Like Princess Mary Outfits :flowers: Very Nice The Top & Trousers & Shoes Very :flowers: Thanx iceflower

Mary has always been trying to be fashionable for all events. It doesn't bother me if she is trying too hard, at least she is well dressed & dressed appropriate and not underdressed for the event.

Yes, I would have to agree with you on that;)

Is it just me or do others also think that each time when the Princess visits the USA she tries to look very fashionable?

Is it just me or do others also think that each time when the Princess visits the USA she tries to look very fashionable?

Actually I think she dresses down when she's in the U.S.

:previous: Actually, now that you mention it, I agree. She does dress down when she's in the US. I guess there are not the same fashion imperatives there.

Maybe the kind of events she attends in US are differente from the ones she attends in Denmark, and in Denmark she must be more conservative and classical, in the US she can be more fashionable....

but I love it when she does really princess up. Casual has become a disease here, and innapropriate is commonplace. People don't dress for hardly anything. I think the royal wedding last year actually has girls wanting to dress more. Princess Mary would also be a great role model.

I like black dress/vest (?), but white turtleneck doesn't go well, maybe in different color. I agree about too fashion forward comment-it's not a time and place to parade with trendy outfits.

Once again I agree with you, Agami! :flowers: I think there are enough opportunities for her to parade some trendy outfits around and I don't think this was one of them. I would have preferred a smart suit.

However, I still kind of like the black and white outfit, though something seems off.

I also like the black top from the February 27 outfit a lot, the pants looked rather ill-fitting to me, but I LOVED the earrings. Though I even like the animal printed heels I thought they were out of place at such a serious meeting, too. :ermm:

Maybe the kind of events she attends in US are differente from the ones she attends in Denmark, and in Denmark she must be more conservative and classical, in the US she can be more fashionable....

Why does she have to be more conservative and classical in Denmark? She is a Crown Princess in Denmark, she is a Crown Princess in the US too! She's the same person.

Remember that horrific rock-goth outfit she wore at the Copenhagen Fashion week when she was in her early pregnancy with Vincent and Josephine? It was not conservative and classical at all. Of course that was fashionweek but still you can dress in a very classy style there as well.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/Fredum/Style/2010/2010-08-13a.jpg

She just has her ups and downs sometimes with regards to outfits.

Last edited:
yes does a very fashionable pants, but indeed it was fashionweek...but I still think that she needs to be a bit more conversative in Denmark...

Again, she has her ups and downs but at least she tries. I think that because she tries and is interested in fashion and for the most part succeeds in her clothing choices, we, as armchair fashionistas tend to expect perfection ALL THE TIME. I think it's impossible to be perfect all the time. Personally, I think she dress beautifully most of the time and that enough for me. Even when I don't like what she's wearing I can appreciates that she complete a look head to toe.

Also, I don't think she dresses way down in the U.S. I think she wears pants a bit more but usually she still princessy IMO. I think the black & white outfit was for a discussion on domestice violence fine; not fantastic but she was pulled together and, as always, her grooming was good.

yes does a very fashionable pants, but indeed it was fashionweek...but I still think that she needs to be a bit more conversative in Denmark...

I frankly do not understand this point that she needs to be more conservative in Denmark, or that she is more conservative in Denmark!! Can you explain what you mean?

I think Mary experiments more when she's abroad. In Denmark she wears classic outfits and just adds Prada or Louboutin shoes and bags. She seems to try be more trendy in U.S. (trying new brands and cut of clothes). Not always with good result.

I think Mary experiments more when she's abroad. In Denmark she wears classic outfits and just adds Prada or Louboutin shoes and bags. She seems to try be more trendy in U.S. (trying new brands and cut of clothes). Not always with good result.

Exactly. A conference in Washington DC on violence against women is noth the right place trying to be trendy. Unlike NY, DC is very, very formal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom