Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 15: January 2012 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks very elegant in this outfit. Love especially the blue hat. perfect!

I have to be honest...this was my least favorite outfit! I didn't understand it at all. The hat is fantastic but it doesn't match anything that she's wearing...even though the bag and gloves look dark navy..but the hat is a brighter color than navy! Her tights are way too dark and I didn't think that her shoes were appropriate with the outfit.

Adore the fur with the black coat. So chic. The red dress is a very flattering cut and colour. Her hair on the balcony looked very pretty.
The outfit for church is lovely. Classy, elegant and the hat is a lovely surprise. I have no problem with everything not exactly matchy matchy. It all flows well together. I am very impressed.

I'm not seeing how a blue hat works at all with the church outfit. Love Izabella's expression looking up at her mother in pic 2.

The combination of the recycled suit and a blue hat seems odd to me.
The hat itself is not easy one but CP Mary may work it out. Unfortunately not this time.
Black coat from the balcony is just a perfection.

I like the sptyle and color of Mary's coat. Very classy. Isabella's facial expression is adorable, and I love her coat as well.

Nice and elegant outfit. I especially like the coat, very pretty!

Has this been posted yet? Mary in a recycled coat at today's church service.
http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/file...799342-dronningens-40-rs-regeringsjubilum.jpg

Love the coat & hat but I dont get the fascination with two-coloured shoes when wearing a multi-coloured outfit.

Sorry, but this is a disaster to me. While the separate pieces are all very nice - hat, coat, shoes - nothing matches, IMO. The black hose doesn't go well with the shoes at all and I don't see that blue is matching in any way here.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:Yes I agree that this is my least favorite outfit but wouldn't call it a disaster.
The black tights have got to go. They ruined the red dress outfit too.
Loved the black coat, and beige accessories. She is looking just wonderful.

It was said on a blog that she was wearing her engagement shoes with the red dress. When you really look at them you will see they are correct.

Sorry, but this is a disaster to me. While the separate pieces are all very nice - hat, coat, shoes - nothing matches, IMO. The black hose doesn't go well with the shoes at all and I don't see that blue is matching in any way here.
The blue hat was maybe meant as a pop of color in an otherwise brownish outfit, because the hose looked brown in most photos I have seen.

The red dress she wore earlier seemed to be of a different color in some of the photos.
Not red, but more burnt orange, or something like that.

Last edited:
The red dress she wore earlier seemed to be of a different color in some of the photos.
Not red, but more burnt orange, or something like that.
Glad it wasn't only my screen then :) It was referred to as red but to me it came across as a burnt hue as you say.

Not sure about the blue hat but Mary and Isabella looked great!

I love Mary's hat choices. Lumutqueen, what year and event is your avatar from?

A couple of Mary's outfit choices have me wondering where her stylist was, or what happened to her stylist! It is not that the pieces were not nice separately because they are; it was the combinations... :bang:

My favorite is the black and grey (I think it was worn for the City Hall reception) - very elegant, very classy.

IMO all Mary's day outfits over those days were okay[not great] but all so dark and now doing a MM with the opaques. If it was in a effort to allow the light to shine on the Queen, then well done but otherwise YUK!! to the hose and the coloured shoe thing my second biggest pethate besides light coloured boots which she also took time to wear[and not cheap ones either].

I said it before and I'll say it again...I think Mary's natural eccentricity is finally coming out and she has picked up some of Fred's attitude to clothing and isn't afraid to try any combination...And my other theory is that maybe her and Fred are having a competition (couples do that right?) to see who can receive the most bad press for a wacky clothing choice/combination...Maybe there is a piece of jewellery at stake (for Mary) so she is trying REALLY HARD ;)

I don't know what I think about the church outfit. The hat is great, the color is good, the shape is perfect, but I can't say that I love it for some reason. Princess Isabella though looks adorable, the color of her coat is great and the boots are quite fun.

On January 16 Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Queen Sonja were spotted shopping in Copenhagen. Later The Crown Prince Couple met up with Crown Prince Mary for lunch at Café Victor.

To se pictures you can visit my blog:
Royal Outfits

I think the outfit is okay. Not a fan of the bag though. Does anyone know where it’s from?

previous.gif
The bag is Prada Prada's fall knit now available in tote form - PurseBlog

She sure loves Prada Shoes and Bags...not affordable at all...

Did I read that right. That crochet looking Prada bag cost 4500. dollars? I thought someone from her church crochet it.........!!!!

...very funny rubies yes it's 4500 I did laugh at your comment what a scream !!!!!

If she can afford it why not. Moreover maybe she didn't buy it, maybe it was a gift from a friend or the designer herself.

She sure loves Prada Shoes and Bags...not affordable at all...

That's life in general:flowers: What is affordable for some, isn't for some. I would say that most of what any and all of the CPs wear isn't affordable for many.

Last edited:
That is a rather ugly bag. In my eyes, not worth its' price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom