Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 14: November 2011 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the blue dress and her hairdo very much, it all looked very regal on her. Didn't care for the silver dress, her hairdo looked somewhat messy to me :ermm:

can someone tell me when she wore the blue dress, and when she wore the grey? BTW, Mary seems to be recycling alot lately, does the DRF have a credit crunch?

can someone tell me when she wore the blue dress, and when she wore the grey? BTW, Mary seems to be recycling alot lately, does the DRF have a credit crunch?

The last three gowns are special 'court' wear and not worn at other times during the year therefore it is wise for Mary to repeatedly wear these gowns like the Queen does year in year out as they are only worn for these very formal court events

Red Gown = New Year's Court and New Year's Banquet, Amalienborg on Jan 1st
Blue Gown = New Year’s Court reception for the Diplomatic Corps, Christiansborg on Jan 3rd
Silver Gown = New Year’s Court, Christiansborg on Jan 4th

These events are repeated every year, hence the "uniform" character.

Ahh, understood, thanks!:flowers:

I don't care for the dark blue dress. It looks too matronly imo.

I love the silver dress. I loved it the last time she wore it, but this time it looked even better with the softer hairstyle! Perfect!

Crown Princess Mary today, January 10, at the first jubilee event for Queen Margrethe
at the parliament in Copenhagen, looking lovely in several recycled pieces of clothing.

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

one of my favorite outfits of Princess Mary.Lovely colour of the hat and the skirt BUT I just wish to see some new outfits as she recycles a lot nowadays.

Great outfit & well worth recycling! Mary has some great hats, other hat-wearing royals her age (or younger) take note!

Love this hat! Beautiful co-ordinating of colours. So stylish.

one of my favorite outfits of Princess Mary.Lovely colour of the hat and the skirt BUT I just wish to see some new outfits as she recycles a lot nowadays.
And you can bet that if Crown Princess Mary does appear in a new outfit...there will be just as many who will criticize her for not recycling her clothing!:whistling: So she's damned whatever she does!;)

And you can bet that if Crown Princess Mary does appear in a new outfit...there will be just as many who will criticize her for not recycling her clothing!:whistling: So she's damned whatever she does!;)

I don't mind recycling but my point is this is a new year and attending parliament is such an important event that deserve a new outfit besides,I think she had no new outfits for this winter and I expected that she saves new ones for the new year and finally,I don't find any reason for criticizing Mary if she had new outfits as far as I know Denmark is not involved in the curent economic crisis.

I take your point! But...Queen Margrethe is recycling as well and she is the focal point of these celebrations afterall!

The skirt is lovely but I don't like the jacket.It would have looked better in purple one.

Lovely outfit, and one of my favourite hats.

Maybe we'll see something new for the evening receptions and galas...She does look really good in that hat.

She looks wonderful. as usual. Very chic and elegant..

She just looks so elegant! I love the colors

This is one of my favourite outfit. The style of jacket and skirt is nice. Black shoes

I like her outfit. She looks elegant and beautiful.

I really like this outfit, especially the hat. Very elegant look on Mary.

A real hat and terrific interesting hairdo, both framing her face beautifully. None of these fussy facinators, etc.
I adore the magenta color in hat, gloves, handbag, skirt and I think the cherries brooch.
I wish another color other than black was chosen to go with it. I don't know which color though....
Is every piece of the outfit recycled?

I love Mary recycling and have no qualms about it...but my main problem from a fashion point of view, is that maybe she should have worn something lesser known/seen for the first official engagement of the year...Because we all groaned and moaned and said 'OH no, not that again'...I wouldn't have minded if she wore that further into the year but for the start of the year, something fresh (not necessarily new) or something in lower rotation would have made a exciting start to the year...

I love every part of the outfit, even down to the cherry brooch, but I did groan a bit and say (uh, not this again!) ;) But maybe Mary has her reasons and the plum tones are cheery enough for her :)

I guess I'm the odd dissenter here about the hat because while I love the color, I'm not crazy about the height and shape. Maybe a larger brim to counterbalance the crown, perhaps. I also wished to see bit darker shade lipstick on her and jacket in a complementary color to the hat and skirt. But kudos to that glorious hairstyle; now that's how you display beautiful hair creatively!

Last edited:
Not a bad outfit at all and a lovely hat but the hair do is hideous, I don't like side hair do's with a hat, looks quite odd.

Not a bad outfit at all and a lovely hat but the hair do is hideous, I don't like side hair do's with a hat, looks quite odd.

NoNoNo Dazzling!!!!:eek: I'm shocked. That hairdo is divine with a capital D. It balances the angle of the hat perfectly. :flowers:

Personally, I LOVE CP Mary in the rosy plum colors, they work so well to bring out her stunning complexion! (maybe it was planned to recycle fashion for this event?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom