Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 14: November 2011 - January 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
very nice outfit,gorgeous colour,lovely hair and make up but I miss a small broche or a necklace.
A litte brooch would be nice:flowers:
But what a fantastic look, gorgeous color and fitting jacket with just a touch of avant guard to it with the shiny panels.
Lovely makeup, hair, earrings and soft blouse.
Can anyone ID the jacket?

Susanna Wynne said:
She looks fabulous! Lilac is great with her skin, but then she wears just about everything well. Sometimes too much color can take away from a more classy look, but Mary gets it right with the black slacks, light top and minimal accessories.

And her makeup is au courant: soft but dramatic. Kate could do well to emulate it...

Yes, love her make-up. And that's the way to draw eyeliner - not a complete line all around the eyes. Use eye shadow to create the smokiness effect, not thick eyeliner. It's so pleasing to see Mary - love the jacket design too. Like how the collar frame the top blouse creating a great contrast, making it looks sharp.

That is a beautiful color purple and goes well with Mary's coloring. It looks almost like a cardigan.

That was my thought too...is it a jacket or is it a cardigan? Maybe it is in a new catergory of garment, like the portmanteau 'jeggings' (jeans/leggings) for example...Mary is wearing a jackigan or a cardiket? :lol:

I like this, good color and style. Mary has diamond star earrings like Letizia, lets hope she doesn't wear them quite as much LOL!

Beautiful jacket both color and fit. Goes nicely with the black pants.

I like this, good color and style. Mary has diamond star earrings like Letizia, lets hope she doesn't wear them quite as much LOL!

Uh, oh, I hope they don't become her go-to earrings as well that transform into evening wear! :lol:

I like the outfit, jacket especially. But hate strong make-up (she looks older than usual) and overstyled hairstyle (too much hairspray).

Very nice outfit. The lilac jacket suits Mary a lot. She looks lovely.

Love when Mary wears bright colours, neutrals don't really work on her. Love the pants, agree the make up looks a bit heavy - her eyebrows are thickly drawn right to the end of her brow bone almost. Think it looks a bit too much.

Such a lovely color and shade on Mary, I like how she kept the look really simply yet very professional. The fitted jacket is a great style, not very suit looking which is nice.

Did that outfit appear at an opening of parliament recently? I remember it from a 'big' event.
It is a lovely matching outfit, and it's nice to see the dress.

Crown Princess Mary looked lovely. I like her luminously pale complexion.

Beautiful outfit; I always like a matching coat and dress. It looks like a tweed, although the picture could be deceptive. I especially like the flecks of green and the trim on the dress, although I have to say the black around the sleeves reminds me of mourning bands.

Last edited:
I think this outfit is Prada, shoes also. I really like the dress, coat looks better buttoned up like last year. Much better make-up and hairstyle, 'old' Mary is back.

I do like her outfit. She looks elegant and beautiful.

She looked lovely in the dress and coat ensemble.

I love this outfit on Mary. The dress is especially pretty on her. Her hair and make-up is just right. Lovely!

Love , love it! go Prada! Especially do like the shoes, with the chunkier heel.

Love , love it! go Prada! Especially do like the shoes, with the chunkier heel.

I like them too...but it does make think about her evolving shoe collection...Now that she wears the current, in-style round toe chunky heeled shoes...what is/has happened to her stiletto heeled pointy toed shoes that she started her princess career out with? Are they packed away in storage, have they been given to friends or collecting dust on her shoe shelves waiting for them to be in style again....So much money spent on shoes only to have them go out of favour...I guess that is the big issue with being so fashion conscious/forward...

I am not sure how I feel about the cut of the coat but I really like the design pattern. I am glad Mary reuses clothes, always a good sign.

I like them too...but it does make think about her evolving shoe collection...Now that she wears the current, in-style round toe chunky heeled shoes...what is/has happened to her stiletto heeled pointy toed shoes that she started her princess career out with? Are they packed away in storage, have they been given to friends or collecting dust on her shoe shelves waiting for them to be in style again....So much money spent on shoes only to have them go out of favour...I guess that is the big issue with being so fashion conscious/forward...

I would imagine that she has kept them all and that we will seem from time to time. She doesn't seem to have gone up in clothes size after four children and if she can still fit into dresses and shoes from her early years of marriage, everything will probably keep reappearing (like her beatiful Marni coat with the berries on). In that respect she is actually a bargain as a CP ;)

Crown Princess Mary at the opening of a youth conference today, November 16, wearing
a very nice dress-and-coat-combination.

** Full view with coat ** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

I didn't know she had a matching dress to the coat. I really like the dress, the solid color trim on sleeves makes it pretty, the coat worn open is also very nice. I really liked her appearance, not forgetting the colors are so in the season.

Mary looks amazing. Best I've seen in a royal lately.

I also think she looked better now day in the openning of the parliament, I prefer the coat openned

:previous: I notice that dark tights and shoes are all the thing!

Luv the dress and matching coat. Mary looked pretty; she has beautiful skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom